SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 AM

As far as I understand(I'm actually playing SWG only a week or so) the problem was duping, why not wipe only items that were used by bugs the most?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbous View Post
Hey, wipers! I got a wipe for ya:

Click START > CONTROL PANEL > ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS
I'd be pleased to meet you ingame. I like your atitude and sense of humor.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
You guys should cool down...as fun as it is to go ape**** on a forum, it's not entirely productive, as said forum is inhabited by sheep who sometimes follow the loudest whistle.
As oppose to sheep who follow the quietest whistle? (i.e. follow the group with the least votes). What do you call those type of sheep?

What a ridiculous waste of time and hope. And there was me thinking this might actually get me back on TC for some proper fun - at least for a few weeks until the next bunch of exploits are discovered.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeecai View Post
maybe the people crying about the wipe, should take note of the fact its a test server meant to find and eliminate bugs...they've screwed us over by leaving us all stuck with bugged code cause the developement team cant take a needed step without having their eyes bleed by a few cry babies.
Wrong thoughts here, Emeecai. Not the Devs screwed you here, it was the foul palyers inside this "community" who did. You blame the wrong people here.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Developer
Developer

On the OR: It is very hard to say. Currently there's like a hand full or more devs actively working on the code, but in summer, when some of them get to have more free time, it'll proceed faster. I'm not going to give an ETA, but I think the ETA for a realistic ETA is fall 2010, by then many things will be done

どこまでも亀が続く
Old 04-29-2010, 07:03 AM

You people also need to understand something: cRush said if it continues as it is now it will be 5 months. School is still in. wait 2-3 weeks and the devs have more free time. So more things get done.

If code is dead ( so testing is "pointless"), and the OR is 5 months out, the only logical explanation I can see here would be to join the Dev team to help out. the Team is a "Freelance" basis, as in they accept fixes and code submissions, as it is open source. ANYONE who knows what they are doing can submit code and join the dev team. Out of the insane number of people here, you can't tell me that only the number of people on the dev team already are all of the people who know how to code? that is absurd. Join the dev team. code. ???? Profit.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwwq4 View Post
You people also need to understand something: cRush said if it continues as it is now it will be 5 months. School is still in. wait 2-3 weeks and the devs have more free time. So more things get done.

If code is dead ( so testing is "pointless"), and the OR is 5 months out, the only logical explanation I can see here would be to join the Dev team to help out. the Team is a "Freelance" basis, as in they accept fixes and code submissions, as it is open source. ANYONE who knows what they are doing can submit code and join the dev team. Out of the insane number of people here, you can't tell me that only the number of people on the dev team already are all of the people who know how to code? that is absurd. Join the dev team. code. ???? Profit.
I'm sure they'll spend their sunny days in a dark basement.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-29-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
On the OR: It is very hard to say. Currently there's like a hand full or more devs actively working on the code, but in summer, when some of them get to have more free time, it'll proceed faster. I'm not going to give an ETA, but I think the ETA for a realistic ETA is fall 2010, by then many things will be done
What, are they in middle-school or something? hehe. Adults are usually extra busy in the summer time... depending on which part of the world they live in
That usually includes college students too. I actually took classes in summer when I was in college... while I was working... and on my putter... and out doing daily stuff.

Last edited by Daywolf; 04-29-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 AM

At the end of the day when the real server comes up we are going to have to start a new! I actually wanted the wipe because it would be fun! and its only a Test server! thats my personal opinion
Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 AM

Oh lord, why'd you have to post that screenshot, you trying to make people puke?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

I think that's his signature, LMAO.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
I think that's his signature lol.
Brb, head in the toilet!
Old 04-29-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worlack View Post
Brb, head in the toilet!
Drinking water, couldn't you just take a glass like anyone else?
Oh, I got it, you're a Wookie.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf View Post
What testing? We are in a lame duck phase, where looking for or reporting bugs is rather pointless. Remember OR? They should not really be fixing bugs here at this point, other than anything really critical really. So wiping to start over for bug tracking is purely pointless.

When will this thread diiiiie?!?
heh
When you stop posting
Old 04-29-2010, 09:22 AM

The thread will die once the DEVs see how many ungrateful people they have in the community of this EMU. Really come on I think all of the posters here need to apologize they are the ones who brought this game back for us. Who else can code this game like them? The fact they are doing it for free is astonishing.

Thank you EMU team in the long run this decision and all your other decisions wil benefit us all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: