SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 11:47 AM

i dont think we need more servers lol i just think we need our 1 server online 4 more thn 3 hours a day lol i got kiked off server 3 times last night lol thats rly the only server issue thats souly a server problem other thn the minor buggs n such
Old 09-26-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusjagr View Post
i dont think we need more servers [lol]i just think we need our 1 server online 4 more thn 3 hours a day [lol] i got kiked off server 3 times last night [lol]
1.:Be happy there IS 1 Server to get pre-Cu SWG back.Without it , what would you play? WOW?.
2.: This is a TESTSERVER. TC= TESTCENTER. I think i dont realy have to explain , but it seems i have to.Here it comes:

TestServer for Dummys-Part 1:

A Testserver is NOT a live Server , which means ,its only to run the game , or parts of it , and check which Bug appeare where and when.
For Bugfixing the Server will be SHUTDOWN , thats usual.
The shutdown may take Hours , minutes or sometimes , Days.
Thank the Devs for working that hard -THEY DONT GET PAID FOR IT.
If you cant wait or expect a complete Game with an 24/7 Online Server i'd offer you to WAIT till Suncrusher's BetaPhase is over.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 PM

I have Fiber to the home. I work for a Fiber ISP and our county is putting in fiber to the home all over the county. Great speed but it is a shared network. If you want dedicated bandwidth you are looking at about $100 USD a meg.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade13 View Post
1.:Be happy there IS 1 Server to get pre-Cu SWG back.Without it , what would you play? WOW?.
2.: This is a TESTSERVER. TC= TESTCENTER. I think i dont realy have to explain , but it seems i have to.Here it comes:

TestServer for Dummys-Part 1:

A Testserver is NOT a live Server , which means ,its only to run the game , or parts of it , and check which Bug appeare where and when.
For Bugfixing the Server will be SHUTDOWN , thats usual.
The shutdown may take Hours , minutes or sometimes , Days.
Thank the Devs for working that hard -THEY DONT GET PAID FOR IT.
If you cant wait or expect a complete Game with an 24/7 Online Server i'd offer you to WAIT till Suncrusher's BetaPhase is over.
Quoted because it seems people have to read something more than once... a lot more...
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 PM

that's it ... i'm winning the lottery!

hopefully we get more donations during the "live" phase (i know i will then simply because they deserve it if it ever gets that far ... and hell if we treat it like a sub , there should be no problems)
when most of everything is set, it will be important to keep it running but people are unwilling to toss money at something that may just disappear (yes its possible)

for now we must trust they have things under control and BE PAITENT while they fix issues, test stress, and add content

look on IRC and check status there, if your hanging in connecting to galaxy , leave it set and tab out and check it every so often, the team does not deserve folks raging on them nor do they have time to anwer everyone who asks "we has server?"

Don't Click Here
Closed Thread