SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 1.80 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 03:12 PM

I truely appreciate and all hard work in bring swg back to life. All the hard work been done to recreate a game loved by all that was destoryed by SoE.

There are a lot great people in this community and there are some really bad ones. I just hate seeing it tarnished by corruption. I just want to see fair and balance among the staff and community and not lose faith in what has been done.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM

I think everyone realizes that the project is in the development phase.
I don't think you'll find many who don't believe we should uncover exploits/hacks/etc so they can be patched.
I don't think you'll find many who argue that putting together an exploit-specific QA team is a bad thing.

I think the main point of contention in this 300+ post thread is that people who were repeatedly found to be exploiting without reporting it (reporting in retrospect to save your ass doesn't count) have been unbanned and initially given some form of recognition as being part of the development process. Yes, we're all a part of the development process from a testing perspective, but this is above and beyond that. That is what is ruffling a lot of people's feathers. Some are focusing on the Jedi part a bit much, since it's been pointed out that there will be (probably) numerous wipes from now until live. The problem is that they were brought back at all.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times....hey, who's getting blown around here?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 PM

Lol, Ashur IS banned again?

What now, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned...

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM

Location: In your browser, eating your cookies. (Dundee, Scotland, UK)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
Lol, Ashur IS banned again?

What now, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned...

Obviously its because he has stated here that he will not co-operate and help the exploitation team and that is most likely due to the response the community have given him in this thread.

Client Upgrade (Screenshot Folder & Permanently Set your FPS)
Old 10-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Let's play ping pong.

Ban - unban - ban - unban - ban - unban - ban - unban !
Old 10-19-2009, 02:50 PM

My useless 2 cents: FBI has over time (and CIA if I remember correctly: just think, big companies or w/e that have been hacked) hired those who sucessfully entered their servers by whatever means to work for them and help them on their security issues. Some time ago same happened here on Portugal with the Police Department or such. Someone named Buzzybee hacked into their servers, and they eventually worked for them. Oh and a 15 or 16 kid entered FBI on something similar, too.
It IS necessary/saves dev team ALOT of work and time. That = faster 1.0 + less bugs/exploits.
Is it fair that they come back with no punishment? No, but it helps the project go faster...
Can they be trusted they won't **** up and spread these and blablabla? Sosko supposedly gave the hack pack out in IRC (possibly a trojan or such) and was in STORM... I heard all of storm was hackers and buddies but won't compare Sosko to other members.
So like yeah, it's a double-edged knife to have them cooperate. I'll leave the decision to the staff on what they think is best, they have already took this project so far, lol.

My 2 cents before I go study chemistry for an exam in 2 days while watching the jedai cave
Old 10-19-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigabass View Post
My useless 2 cents: FBI has over time (and CIA if I remember correctly: just think, big companies or w/e that have been hacked) hired those who sucessfully entered their servers by whatever means to work for them and help them on their security issues. Some time ago same happened here on Portugal with the Police Department or such. Someone named Buzzybee hacked into their servers, and they eventually worked for them. Oh and a 15 or 16 kid entered FBI on something similar, too.
It IS necessary/saves dev team ALOT of work and time. That = faster 1.0 + less bugs/exploits.
Is it fair that they come back with no punishment? No, but it helps the project go faster...
Can they be trusted they won't **** up and spread these and blablabla? Sosko supposedly gave the hack pack out in IRC (possibly a trojan or such) and was in STORM... I heard all of storm was hackers and buddies but won't compare Sosko to other members.
So like yeah, it's a double-edged knife to have them cooperate. I'll leave the decision to the staff on what they think is best, they have already took this project so far, lol.

My 2 cents before I go study chemistry for an exam in 2 days while watching the jedai cave
That brings us back to Timbab's hacker vs script kiddie argument. Hire the hacker. Kick the script kiddie in the nuts.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM

LOLOLOLL Rumors.

The ban is quite obvious...

Old 10-19-2009, 03:01 PM

Good or bad, we are here and now, not 3 years ago an there. I am sure that many can consider the current events as current and not compare them with other events of the past.

This is a special case and it is being treated specially, which proves that the SWGEmu team is able to make case by case decisions when they are needed and for the good of the community.

What is more beneficial for us all? That one player is banned forever or that the Devs are helped in catching future bad guys? Because there will be others. There always are others.

Maybe the one-we-should-not-name is friend with some of the Staff, maybe not. Maybe that got him a second chance where others wouldn't had one, maybe not. I probably will never be friends with anyone of the Staff and most of you the same. Jealous? I'm not. But are you?

Please SWGEmu staff, keep the Exploitation team going. I would have done the same in your stead because it is the wisest way to improve the project's defense: to learn the shape of the microbe in order to bolster the immune system. Kudos.
SWGEmu Moderator
ManagerCommunity TeamDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yyss'a View Post
This is a special case and it is being treated specially, which proves that the SWGEmu team is able to make case by case decisions when they are needed and for the good of THE PROJECT.

What is more beneficial for THE PROJECT? That one player is banned forever or that the Devs are helped in catching future bad guys? Because there will be others. There always are others.

Please SWGEmu staff, keep the Exploitation team going. I would have done the same in your stead because it is the wisest way to improve the project's defense: to learn the shape of the microbe in order to bolster the immune system. Kudos.
There i fixed it.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project
SWGEmu OR Project Status List... New Community Member FAQ... Bug Tracker... How to install SWGEmu...
Old 10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
SWGEmuContent Representative

Members List is broken too
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM

No you just rage endlessly about Ashur, it's getting old, srsly.

Again, want to flame, go flame against STORM as a whole, lol.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
No you just rage endlessly about Ashur, it's getting old, srsly.

Again, want to flame, go flame against STORM as a whole, lol.
Q_Q, someone is opposing Ashur and it's godly awesomeness. I need to go /wrist now because I'm not cool enough to love Ashur.

Ever think that your endless fanboi'ism towards Ashur is ALSO not getting old? srsly?
Old 10-19-2009, 03:08 PM

No it's just immature is hell. This thread has enough Ashur hate to last for a year. You've had your fun, stop beating the dead horse, he is banned, end of that.

I haven't seen you include STORM as a whole ONCE in your posts, which have been exploiting since AGES.

Quote:
No it's just immature is hell. This thread has enough Ashur hate to last for a year. You've had your fun, stop beating the dead horse, he is banned, end of that.

I haven't seen you include STORM as a whole ONCE in your posts, which have been exploiting since AGES.
REALLY? What about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
So wait wait wait wait....
-Ashur + Storm hacks & exploits (recorded being caught and admitting it, in both audio and in-game)

-Ashur + Storm gets banned
I assume you aren't just looking at Ashur ONLY in my post here? I'm saying Storm (hackers/scriptkiddies/exploiters galore guild) were banned not just because their name.

K?
Closed Thread