SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Wrong.
The VAST majority voted for a wipe.
One or more moderators on this board altered the vote count and then deleted the poll thread.

(I'll post these links again since I know it'll be asked)
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

Take a close look at those numbers.
All that proves is that you know how to take a screenshot.

Do you have access to the vote records to know how each account voted? Do you have access to the account logs to ensure all the accounts that voted are unique users and not dupe accounts?

If not, there's no way we can trust ANY of the votes on face value.

You're treating the before pic as solid numbers, which they may not actually be. The vote count may have been altered long before the vote ended, by users let alone any possible fixing by the mods.

With the lack of proof to the contrary, the entire vote is suspect, not just the last minute.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
All that proves is that you know how to take a screenshot.

Do you have access to the vote records to know how each account voted? Do you have access to the account logs to ensure all the accounts that voted are unique users and not dupe accounts?

If not, there's no way we can trust ANY of the votes on face value.

You're treating the before pic as solid numbers, which they may not actually be. The vote count may have been altered long before the vote ended, by users let alone any possible fixing by the mods.

With the lack of proof to the contrary, the entire vote is suspect, not just the last minute.
You're not looking close enough. Unless you have an explanation about how people cast NEGATIVE votes.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
You're not looking close enough. Unless you have an explanation about how people cast NEGATIVE votes.
And you're missing the point. Do we have any proof that the POSITIVE votes weren't fudged?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
And you're missing the point. Do we have any proof that the POSITIVE votes weren't fudged?
Innocent until proven guilty? No evidence for either? Then accept the damn vote.

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahed View Post
Innocent until proven guilty? No evidence for either? Then accept the damn vote.
Or toss the suspect vote out. Innocent until proven guilty? This isn't a court of law. It's not necessarily even a democracy.

BTW just WE don't have evidence doesn't necessarily mean the DEVS don't.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Or toss the suspect vote out. Innocent until proven guilty? This isn't a court of law. It's not necessarily even a democracy.

BTW just WE don't have evidence doesn't necessarily mean the DEVS don't.
This sure as hell ain't a democracy!

You don't like me? Blow me! -Dr. Dre
Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
This sure as hell ain't a democracy!
And what ever gave you the misguided impression it was?

The Devs are doing all the coding and running of the server/forums, we are just enjoying the benefits of their work.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

I already explained this to you. The database did not properly record the last vote before the poll was closed and that brief site hiccup that soon followed. The -1's between screenshots can be attributed easily to nothing other than faults inherent in any database access over web interface.

While the sudden 20 votes is a bit more unusual, but hardly conspiratorial. "Hey, have you voted yet?" could have come up in a guild chat leading a bunch of people over at once.

But even assuming it is a government plot, your dice-roll comparison is still just stupid. Statistics like that require each option to have equal weight. These did not.

For example:
You have two choices- A.) A puppy. B.) A kick in the nuts.

These choices will not result in the same coin-flip probabilities you're trying to compare it to.

Quote:
Nobody's thanking me for mowing my mother's lawn on my own time.
Your mother should be. That ungrateful 8!@%#

Last edited by Lamune; 04-28-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
*sigh*

I already explained this to you. The database did not properly record the last vote before the poll was closed and that brief site hiccup that soon followed. The -1's between screenshots can be attributed easily to nothing other than faults inherent in any database access over web interface.

While the sudden 20 votes is a bit more unusual, but hardly conspiratorial. "Hey, have you voted yet?" could have come up in a guild chat leading a bunch of people over at once.

But even assuming it is a government plot, your dice-roll comparison is still just stupid. Statistics like that require each option to have equal weight. These did not.

For example:

These choices will not result in the same coin-flip probabilities you're trying to compare it to.
Lamune, it's a breath of fresh air to actually read a post that isn't doused in 1) off topic / 3rd grade pictures 2) moronic flames or 3) a combination of the above two.

I applaud you sir. Thank you.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainzo View Post
Lamune, it's a breath of fresh air to actually read a post that isn't doused in 1) off topic / 3rd grade pictures
I guess I'm lucky I was unable to find a Lolcat pic related to statistical fallacies in my 5-second GIS. Would I still have got half credit?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

For example:

Your mother should be. That ungrateful 8!@%#
I'll take the choice of the kick if I get to deliver it.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:

For example:

your argument would be weak, but semi-acceptable if it was a field of 20-30 to pull from. but there were 2000 or so votes, more than enough to prove that a >15% option is not going to jump to a 99.9% option. to think otherwise is simply not possible. a guild innactive enough to ignore the poll for hours and hours all voted the same exact within 30 seconds?come on now..
Old 04-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
your argument would be weak, but semi-acceptable if it was a field of 20-30 to pull from. but there were 2000 or so votes, more than enough to prove that a >15% option is not going to jump to a 99.9% option.
Yeah, OK. Look, I could spell this out in more detail, but since facts aren't going to sway you, I'll try a different approach:

You're arguing about vote-fraud in a poll in which your supported camp WON.
The new negative votes, even illicit ones, did not change the results. Wipe wins.
Assuming you do prove tampering, you've just managed to invalidate results that confirmed your victory. Or in this case, had the entire poll dismissed. You've now cast doubt on the validity of your own team.

Congratulations.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, OK. Look, I could spell this out in more detail, but since facts aren't going to sway you, I'll try a different approach:

You're arguing about vote-fraud in a poll in which your supported camp WON.
The new negative votes, even illicit ones, did not change the results. Wipe wins.
Assuming you do prove tampering, you've just managed to invalidate results that confirmed your victory. Or in this case, had the entire poll dismissed. You've now cast doubt on the validity of your own team.

Congratulations.

i honestly don't care who wins. i don't pvp, i just recently started to play more than a little bit.
im just relaxing grinding up varios professions.

i don't care if the devs say screw you guys we don't feel like wiping. they are doing the work, they aren't getting paid. i don't care what they do, they have the right.

doesn't change the fact that im right on this subject, there is no other possible explanation. and everytime someone realizes they change the subject and attack a different angle that im not even arguing for(i.e. you just now)
Old 04-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
doesn't change the fact that im right on this subject, there is no other possible explanation.
Closed Thread