SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkybob View Post
I voted for the wipe with the frogs, if the wipe was gonna go at-least let us have a touch of help getting things up and going again.

It saddens me that duplicate accounts are still a large problem after such a fuss was made about them just a short time back. If you don't wanna ban IP addresses that's fine because people can clone those and get back in, but I'm sure that there are other methods that could be used, such as a one time purchase of a code to activate your account, this would allow for more moneys to support the server and better tracking of accounts and release the IP restrictions that are in place now. (oh and start the flames on this quick before my post gets cold)

I also was a touch confused with the outcome of the poll, I was around the 2010'th or so to vote and from what I saw that the wipe votes did total in excess of 66+ %. So if you could please reply to the why the wipe was retracted I and many other would be greatful, even if it's just a simple, (look we wanted to give you just a bit of something new, but seeing that there was such an out poor about it that we decided that it was more trouble than it was worth...) just be honest, because honesty goes a long way!

As for those folks that are Duping, track them, get the info that you need to stop it in the OR. Implement your new Duping and hacking code if you can without a wipe and see if it helps. (btw it takes a particular type of person to dupe and hack and that can be an asset in some cases. so yes use that asset and make the OR code better!) (I do not support Duping or hacking, nor do I do it, but to pass up the opportunity to strengthen the Server code base to stop such acts is just plain silly!)

So lets stop the QQing and get this show on the road folks, the OR needs the attention that would have been put into the wipe anyway, and two days put into the OR now is two days less we have to wait to test it!
cRush (dev) already replied to why it was redacted. I don't have the quote though im sure someone else does.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:19 PM

as my grandmother always says "quit your gurnin' ya gam****es..." although i believe a wipe would be nice to get the economy back and people can "try" to keep it low it probably wont happen... oh wait... it WONT happen...just like a wipe...
Old 04-28-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo1972 View Post
as my grandmother always says "quit your gurnin' ya gam****es..." although i believe a wipe would be nice to get the economy back and people can "try" to keep it low it probably wont happen... oh wait... it WONT happen...just like a wipe...
As with some of the other important information they slipped in later, such as the "fixes" involving shutting off the banks and removing harvesters, if they would have let us in on the fact that the OR is potentially 6-months or less from deployment it would have potentially changed the results even more.

Knowing the timeline, I see even less reason to wipe now. Even my "hell yeah!" vote would have moved to the "Not really, but don't care..." column.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM

If the SWGEmu staff is so thin-skinned that they can't recover from a problem that they themselves created, then this project is doomed.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:28 PM

I love the people who are predicting mass exits or are threatening to quit themselves. This is a test server with no charges. What do you expect for nothing?

Thank you Devs for providing me with hours of fun.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:34 PM

I still support SWGEMU! Go go devs! Forget the QQ'ers
Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM

I swear this thread reads like old soe forums. and like soe the devs here seemed to ignore the majority and side with the minority whiners. These people would whine if I gave them a $20 bill for nothing cause it wasn't a $50. These are probably some of the same people that whined back at SOE that brought the CU and the start to the end.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:51 PM

Last edited by RavenLock; 04-28-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:55 PM

I think the really interesting thing is that I've seen old timers ive never seen before in forums, and some that I havent seen in a long time. Must be a big event indeed. All the best people have been invited.

For good or bad, nice to see all the kids around the fire. LOL.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:21 PM

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I really don't understand why people are leaving because of the wipe... I voted yes but this TC will get wiped anyway.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 PM

i lol at all that lol at lollers. wtf! this is a private game bulid. take what you get folks! we all know that in the end it is gonna be good. i would like a wipe but ill take it as it is for now.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM

why on earth do a serious poll and act like SOE with the results.
come-on .................................................. ....
Old 04-28-2010, 05:19 PM

Ya know as just another player I realize my opinion means nothing. However I will state it anyways, It is a Test Center that we all play for free. The devs have taken ALOT of their time reworking, coding, debugging, hosting, helping, and trying to take part in this project. I know I also develop software. So I have an idea of what they are going through. All of the hostility towards them is unneeded If you want to ***** and complain.. About a game you play for free and do absolutely nothing to support.. Then in my opinion. You should just leave. /shrug
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 PM

Devs. . .you have a KNOWN credit dupe that you can take care of with a server wipe. A credit dupe that damages the entire community and you refuse to do it. . . . .someone help me out here I'm confused.
Closed Thread