SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippythop View Post
Actually you are wrong about not even being close to done with the OR. Since about the start of March IF you look at the svn repo youd see that they are slowly rolling out parts of the OR. Yes you're right about features but like stated even on the first page the CORE code of the OR is mainly finished its just gonna be a while for features.
Its gonna be a while for the features. Meaning they wont be finished with the OR for a long time. I see that as not being close to finished. What I meant was its not like the OR is coming out soon and that we wont be seeing anything from the OR any time soon.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 PM

Since it would seem to benefit everybody as a whole maybe not immediately, but in the long run, I voted for yes.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 PM

gungans pl0x
Old 04-25-2010, 11:10 PM

I am like one rumor away from getting strong..... i would hate to see all this time spent and so close for a full wipe.... unless you just let anyone play jedi for a while... in that case i fully support it. my reasons for no wipe are purely selfish, because i am close to finally unlocking a force sensitive.....

Do what you need to do, the only class that I can see of that's actually that hard to grind out is jedi and they should know better than anyone that yes this is a Test Server and wipes should be expected.

I think if the wipe will help the economy and get rid of the hacks then go for it.I know this is a test server and wipes will happen I don't mind starting over if it's for the good of the game and community.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 PM

the trolls win again it seems...very unfortunate

Automan - Master Swords/Master Brawler/Prison Snitch
Autosecksy - Master Doc/Master Rifles
Autogirly - AS/WS/Artisan
Autolicious - Smuggler/Pistoleer
Autoboogie - Bagged Milk Enthusiast
Autocookie - Chef

I voted yes let me login !!!
Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 AM

I voted yes.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 AM

NO. BLUE. FROGS.

Interdependence is key for a flourishing economy. Blue Frogs would abort the economy before its birth.

whatever
mikes munchies 12 pt Mchef/12 pt MAS
Doogie-houser MD ???
Lowdown dirty Msmuggler

Have any players responsibility for the damage been identified and dealt with?
Sony was able to track back offenders multiple transactions deep, though logging may not be as complete in the Emu at this point.

Actually, I guess there is no way to deal with problem players, since IP bans are next to worthless.
A few ****heads destroy an entire server, and what's the worst that can happen? Their characters are 'deleted' while everyone else gets erased anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Wipe the items, not the characters

*Unless of course this is unpossible. I've no idea the complexity of the character data. If a few tables can be null'd in the database to wipe all items and credits while retaining characters, so be it. We've been told repeatedly this is "dead code." You gain ****-nothing worth testing having everyone re-grind classes.

Last edited by Lamune; 04-25-2010 at 11:16 PM.

no code changes so i dont see any reason for a wipe other than to apease those who are not at the top of the chain ie cant learn how to farm loot,credits or unlock jedi.if you really had something to offer such as the OR and after the wipe we could really begin to dig into the game and it would actually matter just wiping to reset seems a mute point.I wonder how many people will then say it was fun but ill wait until its live before i waste my time? i wont its been fun but some people really might wonder if we wipe cause people whine are you guys any better than the nge who screwed the game for the same perpose.

So i vote no,unless you can implement charc limits to prevent those exploits aswell
Old 04-25-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilly10 View Post
no code changes so i dont see any reason for a wipe other than to apease those who are not at the top of the chain ie cant learn how to farm loot,credits or unlock jedi.if you really had something to offer such as the OR and after the wipe we could really begin to dig into the game and it would actually matter just wiping to reset seems a mute point.I wonder how many people will then say it was fun but ill wait until its live before i waste my time? i wont its been fun but some people really might wonder if we wipe cause people whine are you guys any better than the nge who screwed the game for the same perpose.

So i vote no,unless you can implement charc limits to prevent those exploits aswell
Number one you need to keep in mind these guys are doing this for us free of charge. Number two if all you are worried about is losing some credits then maybe you should stop and think about who you are calling a whiner.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilly10 View Post
you can kiss my brown crusty butt moron if you learn to read thats not what i said i dont have alot of credits so thats not what affects me at all.TRY AGAIN
Lets remain "mature" about this...instead of saying guess again perhaps you could let everyone know what your reasoning is, it would be much more helpful in swaying people to vote for your cause.

Don't worry! Were doing it for the betterment of society!

Holocron Hunt: About 3 months : (

Chilastra-Raynosu <LGN>
Closed Thread