SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM

I also like how there is definately a wipe needed due to not only exploiters but other reasons and it's totally being over looked.

It's like a kid brings drugs to school and the school principal takes a vote to see if the kid should be expelled. Vast majority say yes a fraction say no and we have a debate and next thing ya know..... CU... NGE... QQers!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraschman View Post
/applaud;

(And for the record, I voted yes with frogs)

Didn't get the wipe I voted for, but I'm not complaining. The devs are not doing this for money, they're doing it for love of the game we all want back. Before anyone starts lobbing insults at them, one MIGHT remember that without them we have no game to play save SOE's POS NGE.
I voted yes for a wipe too. Im not all butt hurt
Old 04-27-2010, 05:27 PM

This isn't even really about to wipe or not wipe. It's the fact they jerked the community around. I don't play the TC anyways, mostly due to the minoirty that voted no.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:27 PM

Im not as mad at the fact the wipe didn't happen, but more so that the navigation on the side of the forum doesn't work.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM

thanks for the update

Intrepid
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatuff View Post

Look, the bottom line is simple. You do NOT pay for this game in a test state. You wont be required to pay at anytime ever. If you donate, thats YOUR choice and by no means does it give you the right to voice your opinion. I know a developer personally and he does this for free. It takes up all his time from work to sleep. These developers are doing this for me, and you, and everyone else that loved the original game. If they choose to wipe it to make it more fun for people or they chose not to, thats there choice. In no way do they have to do anything for you or me. You ****ers should be greatful that they are doing what they are doing at all.
This, exactly. People should learn respect and grow in maturity. Most of them act like if they were on the official SOE forums, with customers rights and all. Remember, you are ALLOWED to play there on Nova, for free. We shouldn't even have the right to express our own opinion on big decisions such as a Wipe, this isn't our concern, nor our decision. Let the devs plan the development and server management the way they want to, it's their toy, not ours. Unhappy? whine whine where are my shinies booooh? Move along.. seriously.

Last edited by Deus In Machina; 04-27-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 PM

QQ more people. The devs have their reasons for not wiping. Accept it and get back to playing or leave...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:30 PM

The issue isn't gratitude here. This decision was senseless, aggressively unfair, damaging to the integrity of the community, and rewarding of bad behavior.

To the "don't complain, it's free" crowd: would you complain if a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically? Your same principles would apply: you are not paying for SWGEmu, and you do not have a right to it. But at the end of the day, unfair treatment is unfair treatment. People seem to be content to overlook this when it favors them.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Think about that though. I uderstand that it's free but what kind of moron puts a poll gets people thinking there is going to be a wipe and then say oh nm? Alot of us understand it's free...but don't ask us for our vote and then piss on us.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:32 PM

Thanks Vlada, that ignore feature is a godsend. So many ugly avatars I never have to see again.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 PM

I come with gifts! It's like eChristmas around here.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StE4qllJho 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOKLwN2czk
Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
The issue isn't gratitude here. This decision was senseless, aggressively unfair, damaging to the integrity of the community, and rewarding of bad behavior.

To the "don't complain, it's free" crowd: would you complain if a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically? Your same principles would apply: you are not paying for SWGEmu, and you do not have a right to it. But at the end of the day, unfair treatment is unfair treatment. People seem to be content to overlook this when it favors them.
I whole heartedly must agree with eko's statement.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM

The only reason this thread is still going is because people like to post stuff in forums like this. Hey, I won't deny that this isn't entertaining to read all of these posts-- 10 years ago I used to argue in forum threads like this to the point of getting banned, even if I was right. I've learned that it helps nobody to worry too much about someone else's opinion to the point that you become red-faced and sweaty. People will probably continue to post poll results and analyze them and nobody is arguing about the poll results. At least some people try to approach this with humor and not ruin their day because of a game.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post

I've been banned from Darkfall just because I'm on the same router as my boyfriend and he got himself banned from the forum. I told them and they didn't believe me so I just left. That's it. I didn't mind.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:37 PM

attachment is not the jedi way
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: