SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold47525 View Post
From another point of view, whining majority lost. So what?
I'm happy with the outcome that the Devs let the dead horse be the dead horse and continue with OR.
Because all effort putting in the work for the wipe will now return to where it should be first place. And in the end we just ALL win. Plain and simple.
We won nothing except a screwed up economy where no one but the ones that duped credits/items can afford to buy what is needed.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer45 View Post
We won nothing except a screwed up economy where no one but the ones that duped credits/items can afford to buy what is needed.
Christ, I voted for the wipe, but can we drop the dramatics?

The only part of the economy that is fubared is the elite of the endgame. Jedi toys. Overpowered weapons, big SEAs (which drop like candy compared to Live), and hawlocrawns! Oh lawdy thems hawlocrawns!

And all of it still drops.

"What you need..." in this game is crafted. You don't need to be able to two-shot an eldar with your X-Peen 9000 Megarifle to do damn fine in this game. Buffs continue to get more powerful. Crafted weapons get stronger. Crafted armor gets lighter. And all of it keeps getting CHEAPER.

This was a player-based economy. What used to be a damn fine weapon is now considered crap when compared side-by-side to the obscene items are lootable. You're all just spoiled because of the uberloot tables and easy Jedi. (Which were put there AS A GIFT to the players while we play through otherwise dead development time!)
Old 04-27-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer45 View Post
I don't own duped items/credits either and can't effort some things I'd like to get, good armor, better weapon, Mineral Mining Installations, medium Tatooine house... Do you hear me moan about?

With all half done the economy would just move up again to the screwed state we already have. Much sooner because some credit consuming items would have left out.
BTW, I did play on the NGE lately, they have a fully set up economy with all the things we don't have by now which take the credits out of the system. If you think the prices here on the TC are insane, visit FarStar and see what some poeople charge for a noob CDEF Pistol.

Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k. Should say it all. It isn't the economy that is broken, it's the poor attitude of some griefers that is screwing the economy.
Wipe or no wipe, that wouldn't change a thing unless you'll be able to wipe that poor attitude.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I don't own duped items/credits either and can't effort some things I'd like to get, good armor, better weapon, Mineral Mining Installations, medium Tatooine house... Do you hear me moan about?

With all half done the economy would just move up again to the screwed state we already have. Much sooner because some credit consuming items would have left out.
BTW, I did play on the NGE lately, they have a fully set up economy with all the things we don't have by now which take the credits out of the system. If you think the prices here on the TC are insane, visit FarStar and see what some poeople charge for a noob CDEF Pistol.

Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k. Should say it all. It isn't the economy that is broken, it's the poor attitude of some griefers that is screwing the economy.
Wipe or no wipe, that wouldn't change a thing unless you'll be able to wipe that poor attitude.

I can't affored one either, oh wait..
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Greed is prevalent.. saw a lot of that for the brief time I played WOW.. even had nasty mails and other comments made to me because I was hurting others profit margins....didn't matter that their prices were so high people couldn't afford without buying credits..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post
That'd be kind of funny, considering a group of people who did enough damage to **** an entire server to the point of this kind of outrage are still here.
I'm allowed to still hope.

EMU Suncrusher
TK/Dancer
Roleplay Federation (RFE)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SWG Intrepid RIP
TK/Musician
DEF Entertainment

Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Man ^^ i make 23xx swoops and sell 20 a day for 20k each ...
Raise price plx !! there is np getting 20k
Old 04-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Had put up 10 Swoops (2402HP) yesterday and just catched one buying all in a row and resold it for 14,5k.
Here we see the mysterious and reclusive beast known only as "The Economy" in action. Have you never played a game with one before?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Mouser View Post
Here we see the mysterious and reclusive beast known only as "The Economy" in action. Have you never played a game with one before?
Yes, I have. Do you?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Someone paid you exactly what you were asking for your swoops and that is somehow griefing?

I think I missed something.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Someone paid you exactly what you were asking for your swoops and that is somehow griefing?

I think I missed something.
I put them up that cheap for players who don't could afford some for the insane amounts charged already, not for the personal gain of just a plain ***.
(If someone knows how much it cost to sample the resources needed to craft one will understand).

That's what you missed maybe.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I put them up that cheap for players who don't could afford some for the insane amounts charged already, not for the personal gain of just a plain ***.
(If someone knows how much it cost to sample the resources needed to craft one will understand).

That's what you missed maybe.
If you put something up for sale on the bazaar you don't get to chose who buys it.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:55 PM

I love all the QQ in this thread. You all complain that it's a test center and should be wiped. While this is true, there were no big changes slated for the wipe, just some anti-dupe measures which WILL, not CAN, but WILL be gone against anyway. You then go against your talk about it being a test center and complain that "Durr dupers win!" My warning to you is that if credit and item duping is ruining your testing experience, go play Maple Story. Dupers will always be in the games and will be an ongoing problem. Some of you might say that focusing on dupers, hackers, etc. would take time away from development, but by not putting these measures in effect until the OR wipe they can focus more on the OR which can potentially bring 1.0 faster.

Tl;dr Don't take the test center so seriously. This isn't a cancellation of anti-dupe measures, but a delay as not to waste it on dead code anyway.

<TheyThatAre>
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehomey! View Post
I love all the QQ in this thread. You all complain that it's a test center and should be wiped. While this is true, there were no big changes slated for the wipe, just some anti-dupe measures which WILL, not CAN, but WILL be gone against anyway. You then go against your talk about it being a test center and complain that "Durr dupers win!" My warning to you is that if credit and item duping is ruining your testing experience, go play Maple Story. Dupers will always be in the games and will be an ongoing problem. Some of you might say that focusing on dupers, hackers, etc. would take time away from development, but by not putting these measures in effect until the OR wipe they can focus more on the OR which can potentially bring 1.0 faster.

Tl;dr Don't take the test center so seriously. This isn't a cancellation of anti-dupe measures, but a delay as not to waste it on dead code anyway.
SRS BSNS

But, qfe!

The Truth, is limitless in its range
if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse it could Hurt
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehomey! View Post

Thats like someone telling you, based off of your own wording... "if you like cheating so much, go play CS"
Closed Thread