SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamune View Post

in other words,

'i can't win this argument that i started, so ill post a pointless cartoon as a backhanded dig at her to divert the fact of getting owned'

a simple, 'i see your point, you are right and i am wrong' would have been nicer but basicly the same thing
Old 04-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
in other words, 'i can't win this argument that i started, so ill post a pointless cartoon as a backhanded dig at her to divert the fact of getting owned'
Actually it was more of a "Oh geezuz, I'm arguing with helmet-wearing doorknob licker. I think I'm going to stop now."

There isn't much point into getting into a logical debate with someone insisting "... there is no other possible explanation."

I could have also gone with a picture of Morbo from Futurama yelling STATISTICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! to your grossly inaccurate 1-in-6 example with the dice roll, but I try to limit myself to 1 image macro per internet argument.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Actually it was more of a "Oh geezuz, I'm arguing with helmet-wearing doorknob licker. I think I'm going to stop now."

There isn't much point into getting into a logical debate with someone insisting "... there is no other possible explanation."

I could have also gone with a picture of Morbo from Futurama yelling STATISTICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! to your grossly inaccurate 1-in-6 example with the dice roll, but I try to limit myself to 1 image macro per internet argument.
On a side note, I love Morbo.

Morbo is pleased but sticky.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:

so i give you stats, facts, and numbers.

you give me funny cartoons and name calling.

you win..if we were all in the 3rd grade i guess.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
so i give you stats, facts, and numbers.

you give me funny cartoons and name calling.

you win..if we were all in the 3rd grade i guess.
You can use statistics to "prove" anything.

Scientists used to use the same data to "prove" global COOLING they now use for global warming.

What you REALLY gave were stats, your interpretation of the facts based on limited info, and numbers. All well and good, assuming your interpretation is accurate that is.
Closed Thread