SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 09:16 PM

once that dude hit jedi, the whole server, irc java, forums, and the site crashed.... epic.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Retired Community Deputy Director

Unrelated.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 PM

Whatever TheAnswer did, it's working, and working VERY well!

/cheer
Old 10-03-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippster View Post
Whatever TheAnswer did, it's working, and working VERY well!

/cheer
A thousand times This.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post
A thousand times This.
/agreed

I'm continually blown away at the mad skills these guys possess. I just shake my head at what they've accomplished and how quickly things get fixed.

Huge kudos to all involved! It's truly amazing watching all of you guys work.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
Unrelated.
still... Its quite a coinkidink...

edit:

Oh, and yes.... playing tonight is like.... wow... better than the old SoE servers.. Whatever you guys did worked awesomely...

I like making new words... People hate when I try to play scrabble though.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:48 AM

Hey guys, SWGemu is doing the best they can with very limited resources, remember it took somebody like SOE with their big budgets and $15 a month per account funding it to make swg even exsist. the simple fact that SWGEmu guys have gotten a functioning server up and running with no help from SOE or anybody else really is alot to expect.

I may be reading to much into some of these posts, but I get the impression you guys all expect it to be perfect and you forget perfection costs, alot. so unless everybody is gonna start sending a donation EVERY month then you have nothing to complain about. You are, after all, playing a game free of charge. So the next time the server is laggy or you can't login and you want to complain or get frustrated, go and pay up $15 to SOE and login to your SWG account on their servers and remember what frustrated and pissed off really feels like, particularly when you are paying for it.

The day I am putting money every month into the hands of swgemu I will have rights to complain or to demand better, until then, there is an old saying, "you get what you paid for" and well right now everybody is getting a hell of a good deal for their, well, nothing they put out every month, cause nothing is what everybody is asked to pay.

It doesn't matter if somebody donated servers, or if somebody has rich parents, if you think that somebody needs to setup then perhaps it should be you, who cares if they got 100 servers given to them. If that is true then obviously all that stuff is only good enough to make it run as it does now, If anyone wants and expects it to be better then feel free to fork over whatever it will take to make it that way. If you can't well then deal with whatever is there and enjoy it for what it is or go back to SOE, where you get to pay and be ignored, screwed over and then banned for thinking that you & your money meant **** to them.

I say hats off to you guys at SWGEmu!! keep doing what your doing & I'll keep being glad you guys are dedicated enough to keep SWG alive and as it should have been instead of the shell of a game SOE has turned it into.

Oh on a side note, SOE is shutting down like 5 or 6 of its servers, my old server Intrepid is one of them, so much for NGE making SWG better and a game for the ages.............
Old 10-04-2009, 01:02 AM

I must have missed the post your talking about, It seemed to me that every one here is very happy with the awsome work being done by the emu team. I know I am. it seemed to me every one was singing the teams prases for getting it working even better, not critisizing (or however you spell it. lol).
Old 10-04-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronic Joe Blunt View Post
The day I am putting money every month into the hands of swgemu I will have rights to complain or to demand better....
Hey Cronic. I agree with all that you said except the above. The money we give to the emu project is a donation, not a subsctiption or payment for a service provided. It doesn't entitle us to expect or demand anything more than the people who don't donate. Which is nothing!

Current Characters: Mara Mou (Commando); Guryon Gearmaker (M-Artisan/Armoursmith/Tailor); Delicious (TKA/Ranger/CH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
Yep I have a legit copy as well. I can take a screenshot of me holding the cd case and the cds if you want rofl.
Simple Guide for Newbies to Pre-CU
Old 10-04-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guryon View Post
Hey Cronic. I agree with all that you said except the above. The money we give to the emu project is a donation, not a subsctiption or payment for a service provided. It doesn't entitle us to expect or demand anything more than the people who don't donate. Which is nothing!
/agree
Old 10-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Retired Community Deputy Director

As stated.. we're working to provide you the best possible play experience.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:57 AM

Eerrr is it just me or is the Server deadlocked atm? I cant login with my only toon , so i guess im not hit by the "2 toons" fix.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaika View Post
As stated.. we're working to provide you the best possible play experience.
And doing an amazing job.

Current Characters: Mara Mou (Commando); Guryon Gearmaker (M-Artisan/Armoursmith/Tailor); Delicious (TKA/Ranger/CH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aire0n View Post
Yep I have a legit copy as well. I can take a screenshot of me holding the cd case and the cds if you want rofl.
Simple Guide for Newbies to Pre-CU
Old 10-04-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade13 View Post
Eerrr is it just me or is the Server deadlocked atm? I cant login with my only toon , so i guess im not hit by the "2 toons" fix.
Deadlock it is.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayliaah View Post
Deadlock it is.
Mhm.So patient ill have to be.
Quiet and peacefull the way to an working server is.
Thankfull for Kayliaah answering me i am.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: