SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

View Poll Results: Do you support a full wipe of TC:Nova?
yes 603 63.27%
no 350 36.73%
Voters: 953. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average. Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spun View Post
If it was just to fix that one issue then I would say no. I don't really know the extent of the exploiting and duping but it is severe enough that we're all here now in this thread. If they fix the drop rate of dot weapons and take jedi off easy mode then I'm all for that and I think that could only be impleneted with a wipe. Even if those are the only substantial changes we get until the OR I'd be happy with it.
agreed, if the wipe should come let it at least fix other problems as well.

like maybe droids, creature handler, etc.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ail45 View Post
agreed, if the wipe should come let it at least fix other problems as well.

like maybe droids, creature handler, etc.
those are features and they wont be added till atleast OR. Only Things that this wipe is proposing is new jedi unlock system, duping fix (which prolly last long), exploiting fix (wont last very long), equalizing looted and crafted weapons, and bazaar sploit fix.

Good Crafted weapons would prolly take awhile to develop because of resource spawns
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 AM

Wipe the server. Character progression on a TEST server is irrelevant. We all play on the TC in the full knowledge that everything we accomplish in game will be destroyed eventually, so do it.

It'll be a shame to loose what we've all worked so hard for, but that's the price we all pay for 'gaming' instead of testing.

CR
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 AM

One last point.

A lot of people currently not playing will be watching this thread as it in part sets the scene for how issues are to be dealt with going forward. A lot of others from my guild have stayed away from the EMU as they were concerned about the frequency of wipes and decided to wait until the OR is finished but if the solution to current issues is wipe then how will this pan out in the future?

It is fair to say that all of these current issues were experienced on live (and many more) however never once was a server wiped as a result. Credits that are duped have a way of spreading over the community and items decay and dissapear.

If you use this ultimate last resort action now it is fair to say it may be used again and I dont think anyone deep down would want a server wipe if they actually took some time to think about it.

QuiLarek - Chimaera Veteran
MiaLarek - Weaponsmith
AbeLarek - Doc
QuiqLarek - Inner Glow
Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Larek View Post
One last point.

It is fair to say that all of these current issues were experienced on live (and many more) however never once was a server wiped as a result. Credits that are duped have a way of spreading over the community and items decay and dissapear.

If you use this ultimate last resort action now it is fair to say it may be used again and I dont think anyone deep down would want a server wipe if they actually took some time to think about it.

It was never wiped on live beause THIS IS TEST SERVER IT IS MEANT TO BE WIPED UNLIKE LIVE... so making a comparison between the 2 as the crutch of your argument is quite useless and undermines your own position.

Comparing a Test Server to a LIVE server = WIN!!!

IZRAFEL<ATO>
Voted Brias No.1 Forum Troll
IZRAFEL Vs MAGNUS | ILLMATIC Vs MAGNUS | ILLMATIC Vs EPIC FAIL | IZRAFEL Vs DECIUS | IZRAFEL Vs SMOKD | IZRAFEL Vs AUSTEN | BATTLE FOR CNET
Old 04-26-2010, 04:09 AM

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 AM

This is a TEST sever... wipe it!!!!
If people want to continue to play with exploits in the game go log onto battlenet and play diablo and have a blast!!
Too all the Folmar dupers and exploiters if/when the wipe goes ahead........ welcome back to "live", where once again with out exploits you were non factors.

ELL OHH ELL!!!

IZRAFEL<ATO>
Voted Brias No.1 Forum Troll
IZRAFEL Vs MAGNUS | ILLMATIC Vs MAGNUS | ILLMATIC Vs EPIC FAIL | IZRAFEL Vs DECIUS | IZRAFEL Vs SMOKD | IZRAFEL Vs AUSTEN | BATTLE FOR CNET
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 AM

Duped Credit's.. Easy to get JEDI, an dabbundance of DoT weapon's..

Character's easy to grind..

Wipe the server..

Let's see who stick's around..

J
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 AM

Why make us suffer thru two wipes instead of only one, so what if some people cheated, they wont have the extra stuff for long anyway!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 AM

wipe it ALL and.....

REMOVE JEDI COMPLETLY
Old 04-26-2010, 04:21 AM

Wipe it..

Sorry there have been wipe's in the past... So what does a few xtra wipe's matter..

we are all in here for the ACTIVE test of a TEST CENTRE.. so they wipe to see that the system they want for jedi's work's.. Fix the economy..

just WIPE it... LoL

LEt's hear the JEDI fan Boi's scream.. ROLF
Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 AM

Wipe it. I just come back to playing the game. Now i have put in some long grind time (nothing better to do no job). I want to move forward and see this thing go live one day and if this is what it takes lets do it.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:19 AM

it doesnt take a long time to grind.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 AM

I RE-state, if the wipe is done as planned it wont be a full wipe, it will ONLY be the past 6 months....any Jedi or items or money or resources from before then will remain. The playing field will NOT BE equal as some of you are thinking it will be. If your going to do more then one wipe do a FULL wipe, knock EVERYONE back to the begining and then when the OR comes out, wipe again...sounds silly to do it that many times...but oh well thats what we get for playing on a Test Server. So I say FULL WIPE or stop wasting our time and lets get the OR out!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith- View Post
I RE-state, if the wipe is done as planned it wont be a full wipe, it will ONLY be the past 6 months....any Jedi or items or money or resources from before then will remain. The playing field will NOT BE equal as some of you are thinking it will be. If your going to do more then one wipe do a FULL wipe, knock EVERYONE back to the begining and then when the OR comes out, wipe again...sounds silly to do it that many times...but oh well thats what we get for playing on a Test Server. So I say FULL WIPE or stop wasting our time and lets get the OR out!
They've already stated it will be a full account wipe if they do one at all.
Closed Thread