SWGEmu Old Forums Archive  

Go Back   SWGEmu Old Forums Archive > Announcements > Community News > Community News Archives

Notices

Community News Archives Archives of the CSA forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 1.22 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM

I really think we just got a glimpse of the future of SWGemu. Unless something is done RIGHT now, than this emulator is doomed. If a decision to wipe can cause the dev team to flip flop back and forth like this, what is going to happen when real decisions have to be made?

If this team lacks the back bone not to be swayed by a vocal minority, than how is it going to survive this thing out to the end?

Is that not what killed SWG?

TC Nova characters
Shilo Trutta Master Doctor
Quequag Master Rifleman, Master Swordsman, Medic 113x
Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM

If you were never going to wipe it why make 2 ****ing polls?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:24 PM

so we had three polls, all for the wipe, and now this.?!?
wtb duping guide
sorry, i'm enraged
delete this post, i better calm down a bit
Old 04-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Can we still get the 2 week of Blue Frogs?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaris View Post
lol?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:26 PM

**** it, its all i can think off.

Quote:
Nope! A plurality of people voted in favor of blue frogs, so clearly the most logical thing would be to entirely ignore that choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budias View Post
I wonder if the devs remember why they are doing this project? Did they forget that 90%of the people playing got screwed with by SOE the same way the just screwed with us? I understand it's free but don't put we fix what someone broke and then follow in their footsteps.
I just see it as all these people are donating their own money to keep the server up and they should have it the way the majority wanted it to be.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
LOL!! that would be great!!

Ok, well, no wipe is gonna happen. So how about we start a petition to implement GUILD WAR features!?!? OMG THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

sig by yaki

Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM

I feel like were dealing with SOE here.

"Well fix this for you guys!!"
*some time later*
"Never mind we were just ****ing with you!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekowraith View Post
It is reasonable to assume that vote padding occurred on both sides. EVEN IF that 15% of the "yes" vote was padded and 0% of the "no" vote was padded, there was STILL a majority of people in favor of wiping the server! More likely is that the padding occurred equally on both sides, and "yes" votes still DOUBLED "no" votes.
Since you have no evidence of the breakup of possible dupe votes, this is merely speculation on your part. The vote could have gone in any direction.
Quote:

Which side, do you think, would have a greater portion of its votes derived from duping? The side from which in-game dupers would prosper personally, or the side where they wouldn't? Both "yes" and "no" surely had an equal share of non-dupers who padded the vote. But the "no" side won the votes of people who have an in-game history of duping.
Your talking about probabilities. That doesn't necessarily mean that's what actually occured. It's highly improbable to get struck by lightning, yet people do despite the odds.
Quote:

Yes. Look at the before and after poll-closing screenshots from page 14.
And said screenshots prove what exactly? There are votes removed from both yes and no sides as I see them, apparently obvious dupe votes removed as same. That in no way obviates the possibility that many others that were counted were duped as well.

Let's put it this way. Say we're voting for Mayor of Springfield, and Sideshow Bob is leading, and there's a strong chance of vote fraud. Do you put Bob in despite the chance he got in crookedly? Or throw the whole vote out and perhaps start from scratch when you can get a relatively clean vote?

Fact is, the vote was borked, and they choose to continue on with the status quo for the moment rather than go with fudged numbers, regardless of the outcome. I see no problem here.

I wasn't fully for the wipe, but I do agree with what most are saying here. Over 66% of the community wanted a wipe, and as your initial statement said if that number or more desired it, then it would happen. In layman's terms, that is called a lie. The moment the developers start lying to their community and not caring what their ideas on the matter are is the moment the community loses respect for the developers. It is going to spiral farther into the hole that has been dug and player base is going to be lost on a large scale. If you don't want to turn into a SOE clone, reconsidering would be wise, but it looks like your minds are made up already.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonra View Post
LOL!! that would be great!!

Ok, well, no wipe is gonna happen. So how about we start a petition to implement GUILD WAR features!?!? OMG THAT WOULD ROCK!!!
OOOH! That would probably be my favorite feature.

Norma- Battle Master.
Shimale- MID.
Duchess- A big hairy wookiee.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo View Post
I really think we just got a glimpse of the future of SWGemu. Unless something is done RIGHT now, than this emulator is doomed. If a decision to wipe can cause the dev team to flip flop back and forth like this, what is going to happen when real decisions have to be made?

If this team lacks the back bone not to be swayed by a vocal minority, than how is it going to survive this thing out to the end?

Is that not what killed SWG?
My thoughts exactly.
The way this entire thing was mishandled from start to finish, has completely demolished my already waning confidence in the SWGEmu team.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM

I will say that it makes me chuckle a little seeing this page, and seeing the number of people who originally were saying things like "Wipe it, the devs obviously want to" and etc... are complaining now and the number of people talking about quitting now that they have said no wipe are saddening. Last time I looked the vote poll wasn't "Yes, and give me blue frogs or I QUIT!".

I'm not a forum mod, none of us are but the mods. If they put up the vote with the intention of it being a fair vote and creating a good discussion, then saw that it was in any way becoming one that was questionable (BOTH the YES and NO sides made accusations of tampering, proxy clicking, etc..), and saw the level of division it was creating in the community, I can't blame them for taking it down.

What they did was in NO way the same as what SOE did or does. SOE didn't run a serious poll that was aimed at letting the players dictate what would happen. SOE didn't consult with players before implementing changes, or tossing out the CU or NGE. All they did was say "this is what's gonna happen, kkthnxbye".

Players should be grateful the developers even considered putting up a poll to let players decide, and should also realize that a forum based poll is a great way to express thoughts and opinions, but not something that should be used to determine the course of the game.

The devs tried it, and it turned into a complete mess. I for one am grateful they tried, but believe the COMMUNITY could've AS A WHOLE handled it a lot better than they did. A lot of people made assumptions of a wipe, and others that there'd be no wipe, and as a result many players did things IN GAME that were geared toward a wipe. This phenomenon is exactly why the developers did the RIGHT thing is saying "ok this is a cluster-bleep, let's end it".

I will remind all of those who screamed "It's a TC, it should be wiped" and "If the Devs want to wipe, then wipe!" that yes, it IS a TC, it IS the Devs call, and if they look at what's happening when they experiment with letting the COMMUNITY become more involved in the decision making process and that spirals out of control... yeah I can't blame them for calling it.

I take this as a learning experience for everyone...including the developers...and now they know that it's a completely BAD idea to try to let "the Community" try to decide the course of the server. So, to that end, I say let's get back to playing, maybe the devs can patch in some of the dupe fixes, and let's move one like they hadn't brought the poll in the first place.

After all, HAD they NEVER put the polls up, we'd ALL be doing the exact same thing today as we were before the polls were up...Grinding away, making creds, talking, chatting, beating each other up in duels, all the while waiting for the OR.
Falceon Feir - Pistoleer/BH
Krysan Feir- MDoc/swordsman
Galaxy Harvester- Falceon
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: