Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Communications Director (On Leave)
CommunicationsManagerAdministrator

SWGEmu Press Tracker

Press Tracker
SWGEmu

Catch all the written media on SWGEmu in this thread. Only genuine press sources will be cited - recreational blogs and such do not count. If you have anything to add - send me a PM, create a thread about it, or post here.

Quote:
Slashdot, Timothy - . (June 26th 2006). Star Wars Galaxies Emulator Test Server Hits Alpha
hhttp://games.slashdot.org/story/06/...lpha?art_pos=1
Quote:
Game Zig, Blackwigs - . (November 24th 2008). Star Wars Galaxies Emulator Needs You!
http://gamezig.com/mmorpg/star-wars-...ator-needs-you
Quote:
TechCrunch Crunch Gear, Nicholas Deleon. (December 1st 2008). Making Galaxies fun again: An interview with the developers of the Star Wars Galaxies PreCU Emulation Project.
http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/12/01...ation-project/
Quote:
Examiner.com, Daniel Nations. (December 4th 2008). A Star Wars Galaxies emulator goes old school on SW:G
http://www.examiner.com/x-544-Games-Examiner~y2008m12d4-A-Star-Wars-Galaxies-emulator-goes-old-school-on-SWG
Quote:
TechCrunch Crunch Gear, Nicholas Deleon. (December 26th 2008). Star Wars Galaxies Emulation Project to launch playable test server Q1 2009 http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/12/26...erver-q1-2009/
Quote:
Slash Gear, Shawn Brown. (December 26th 2008). Star Wars Galaxies Emulation Project to launch playable test server early next year
http://www.slashgear.com/star-wars-g...-year-2627823/
Quote:
Digital Battle, Chris - . (December 26th 2008). Star Wars Galaxies Emulation Project Will be Played in Q1 2009
http://www.digitalbattle.com/2008/12...ed-in-q1-2009/

www.swgemu.com | max@swgemu.com

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Last edited by Max; 05-13-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 PM

what?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
If you have anything to add - send me a PM, create a thread about it, or post here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
what?
I don't see how its that hard to understand, "what" doesn't add anything positive
Artisan, Droid Engineer, Architect, Armorsmith, Merchant, Chef, Medic, Doctor, Brawler, Pikeman, Teräs Käsi Artist, Creature Handler, Politician, Scout, Marksman, Bounty Hunter, Commando, Entertainer, Dancer, Musician, Image Designer, Jedi
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xela View Post
I don't see how its that hard to understand, "what" doesn't add anything positive
they deleted the post above me that i said "what" to
Old 01-13-2010, 11:26 PM

Yeah, there was spam above.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
they deleted the post above me that i said "what" to
Ah, I apologize
Artisan, Droid Engineer, Architect, Armorsmith, Merchant, Chef, Medic, Doctor, Brawler, Pikeman, Teräs Käsi Artist, Creature Handler, Politician, Scout, Marksman, Bounty Hunter, Commando, Entertainer, Dancer, Musician, Image Designer, Jedi
Old 01-19-2010, 04:36 PM

The games.slastdot.org link has been removed or something of the sort.

It produces the following message "Nothing for you to see here. Please move along."

Like a jedi mind trick or something ^^.
This is not the article you're looking for ... you can go about your business ... move along

Edit: Very nice compilation otherwise

Last edited by CapnSwifty; 01-19-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Adding Comment
Old 01-19-2010, 05:40 PM

Slashdot has changed the way their commenting system works; that may be what is throwing off the link. Once on slashdot I just searched for 'Star Wars Galaxies Emulator' & the comments came right up.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 AM

Hey, I don't know if this counts as genuine?

I am a writer for Bright Hub, it's an online article thing and we have some fairly major advertisers, so I hope this is ok.

I have recently written an article about Star Wars Galaxies and published it under a pen name on this site.

"Star Wars Galaxies Emulation the Rebirth of a Legendary Game"
http://www.brighthub.com/video-games...les/63612.aspx
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haludan View Post
I am a writer for Bright Hub, it's an online article thing and we have some fairly major advertisers, so I hope this is ok.

I have recently written an article about Star Wars Galaxies and published it under a pen name on this site.

"Star Wars Galaxies Emulation the Rebirth of a Legendary Game"
http://www.brighthub.com/video-games...les/63612.aspx
I read your article. And I'm not sure if a lot of what you said was actually correct.

The Combat Upgrade part was wrong, what you stated was the NGE, not the CU. Maybe you were on a limited article length and put them together, but the CU was the balancing, nerfing and "prettifying" of the game (colorful icons, etc.), but in a MAJOR way. The NGE was what created Jedi as an opening class and locking you into the classes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a Nerf a creature that was to be implemented into the game but was stripped from the game, thus why we say Nerf, because they removed it? Not sure about that one.

And, I'm not sure the wording of the SWGEmu section is... right. The "went to Sony and got legal status..." not sure that's the right way to really say it, I'm also questioning the actual validity of that...

Just my thoughts though. Was a good read, just a few things seemed ... kind of off.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM

I agree with xbitx except for the origins of "nerf". It started in UO and was related to nerf toys. The nerf creature in star wars in a coincidence.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM

haludan there are some pretty big innacuracies in your article.

noit the least of which was what teh Cu was supposed to be and what the NGE was and also how the CU and NgE came about. broken promises and so on.

''''''''''
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 PM

I was only able to write a little bit, they only allow us 2 to 3 pages so I kinda merged the Combat Upgrade and the NGE. Actually removed the nerf thing, but not for the reasons you guys mentioned, I found the original source for the term, lol.

In racing back in the 40's and 50's it was called nerfing to bump another vehicle, forcing the other driver to slow down and get his car under control. Thus why they have whats called "Nerf Bumpers" on race cars, would you believe it?

Anyways, just an odd bit of trivia there

In the near future I will start linking articles giving basic strategies for new players on there for the classes I have done, so that may be useful also for people who have never played before.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 PM

cool article. even if you did merge info its good to see the name getting out there.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 AM

A nerf is a tap between race cars, which have nerf bars. It is a racing term from long before Nerf toys.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: