SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   TC:NOVA Wipe Poll Results (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=54674)

Valkyra 04-27-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odwill (Post 592240)
Please see the forest for the trees an take off the blinders.

QFE.

Forest for the trees, people.

Sabbathicus 04-27-2010 11:13 PM

Yeah this is ridiculous. If you don't like the way they do things don't play, don't donate, and go away. They'll ship or ANH or will ship someday and there will be other servers and moderators for you to choose from, but this is just ridiculous; you are gonna alienate the ONLY people who have been kind enough to bring us some semblance of a Pre CU gaming experience.

fortunofiasco 04-27-2010 11:14 PM

Odwill, cRush, and all I don't know the name of, please always keep in mind that for every people unhappy on any given MMO forum there *always* are 10 times as much (if not even more) that are happy. Please do always always keep this in mind :)

belgerath 04-27-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clownshoe (Post 592238)
The server would of only gotten wiped if the yes votes were over 66%. Some people in the community tried to alter the votes by creating numerous accounts. So the Dev's had every right to just drop the poll.

Except that all facts point to the fraud votes coming in from the no side, and even if not, 66% said yes, which is well past the majority even allowing for a 15% pad. If there was a judgement call to be made, all logic points to erring for wipe rather than no-wipe. This is what the controversy is all about.

mork 04-27-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlada (Post 591811)
You and me both, i even made a list.

/duck
me too

belgerath 04-27-2010 11:17 PM

mehhh

Duchess 04-27-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunofiasco (Post 592246)
Odwill, cRush, and all I don't know the name of, please always keep in mind that for every people unhappy on any given MMO forum there *always* are 10 times as much (if not even more) that are happy. Please do always always keep this in mind :)

Ditto. I appreciate what you all do and I don' care if you wipe or not.
I just can't imagine how it feels to be in your guys' shoes. I try to and it makes me feel sad. Sorry, hard to type... cat took my arm hostage.

Arnold47525 04-27-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecapn2004 (Post 592141)
First the earth cooled...then the dinosaurs came...but they got too big and fat and died and turned to oil. Then the arabs came and they all bought mercedes benzes.

- from the movie Airplane ;)

Finally something to laugh about on this bitter place :D

Whiskey37 04-27-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odwill (Post 592240)
I only mentioned the time to refute the assumption that we never wanted the wipe to happen in the first place. Why would we create more work for ourselves when we could have just sat on TC for the months to come with very little fallout? Please see the forest for the trees an take off the blinders. Try using some logic.

For starter you last analogy doesn't fit. It refers going to the general from the specific, which I was in referring to your inability to address the concerns of the Majority (Forest in you didactic), for your own petty victimhood (trees).

Time not spent does not show cause, as a negative is not an affirmative. Logic? You lost that on word two. "I only"

everyone one else be Dammned. Your blameless because you "worked" sooo long because you said your sorry because you feel everyone else should just "get you"

You exhibit childhood chatter syndrome.

belgerath 04-27-2010 11:20 PM

Whisky get your head out of your ass and go get laid man. That post ^^ was pure nerd.

cru jodo 04-27-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey37 (Post 592256)
For starter you last analogy doesn't fit. It refers going to the general from the specific, which I was in referring to your inability to address the concerns of the Majority (Forest in you didactic), for your own petty victimhood (trees).

Time not spent does not show cause, as a negative is not an affirmative. Logic? You lost that on word two. "I only"

everyone one else be Dammned. Your blameless because you "worked" sooo long because you said your sorry because you feel everyone else should just "get you"

Let odwill be, fighting staff is distracting us from the common enemy "the duper"

Odwill may be a wipe-tease. A naughty hawt lil wipe-tease in need of a spanki...I mean, its not entirely his fault.

We should be past the anger part and be moving on to reconciliation, learning from the mistake, and figuring out where we go from here.

Potshot 04-27-2010 11:23 PM

Pic Related

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...4/hurrdurr.jpg

How the devs view the community

fortunofiasco 04-27-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Your blameless because you "worked" sooo long because you said your sorry because you feel everyone else should just "get you"

This has to be a joke right ? Or have you not slept for the past 8 weeks as well ? Like the other conspiracy theorists that think the evil devs are plotting against us ?

Valkyra 04-27-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgerath (Post 592259)
Whisky get your head out of your ass and go get laid man. That post ^^ was pure nerd.

Wait.

Let me get this straight.

You're on an internet forum for a Star Wars MMORPG server emulator game, and you're calling someone a nerd?

Hypocrite.

Also, I find it hilarious that you equate sexual activity as something 'productive'.

Shadow2k 04-27-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Wow, you didn't get what he was saying at all.

He's telling you that your biases for a server wipe are blinding you. That it makes no sense to create more work for himself. You're trying to pick out specific details of what happened to fit your version of things (the trees), instead of looking at the picture as a whole (the forest).

Read more books please.

Duchess 04-27-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valkyra (Post 592266)
Wait.

You're on an internet forum for a Star Wars MMORPG server emulator game, and you're calling someone a nerd?

Hypocrite.

Also, I find it hilarious that you equate sexual activity as something 'productive'.

It produces something rofl. Usually unwanted results.

Sabbathicus 04-27-2010 11:26 PM

It's been so long.... Doesn't it produce babies though? Maybe that only works with dogs and puppies....

Edit: Damn Duchess posted faster than me.

Valkyra 04-27-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess (Post 592268)
It produces something rofl. Usually unwanted results.

You know what I meant... :|

But still lawl :D

fortunofiasco 04-27-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

You don't think it is ?

Have you ever tried in the first place ? I think you should, you'd be surprised...

Go give it a try really !

Valdosemu 04-27-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Wait.

Hypocrite.

My MAN!

Shadow2k 04-27-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cru jodo (Post 592262)
We should be past the anger part and be moving on to reconciliation, learning from the mistake, and figuring out where we go from here.

Forget it and go play, just like you did a few days ago. Devs will continue to work on the OR, as they were doing. Well, as long as the people personally attacking them don't piss them off too much, you never know what might happen if this nonsense continues.

Duchess 04-27-2010 11:28 PM

Don't forget to bring a towel. :P Ok, no more jokes ahaha.

Sabbathicus 04-27-2010 11:29 PM

This thread is like a horrible traffic accident that I can't quit gawking at.

Valkyra 04-27-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdosemu (Post 592273)
My MAN!

Only I'm not a man... :O

Duchess 04-27-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabbathicus (Post 592270)

It's been so long.... Doesn't it produce babies though? Maybe that only works with dogs and puppies....

Edit: Damn Duchess posted faster than me.

I did it one handed. I have a p*** in my other. I mean, my cat.

thecapn2004 04-27-2010 11:30 PM

Can I blame SOE for all of this please?

safak 04-27-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRush (Post 592233)
kookaburra, I am having trouble viewing the second screenshot. Please post the full URL.

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

er..it keep cutting off. should be 'pollaminutebeforeclose' where the ...'s are

Shadow2k 04-27-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecapn2004 (Post 592281)

Why? It's this community's fault for making a complete mockery of those threads and polls. It isn't SOE's fault, it isn't the Devs fault. It's our fault.

giffo 04-27-2010 11:32 PM

I personally appreciate the time and effort all the staff have put into project and community.

If I was to leave this game it would not be because of the possibly of a wipe, the delay in making a decision or even the decision not to use the poll - it was because of the absent respect everyone has shown on the forums to other community members and staff.

Especially the people comparing the SWGEmu Staff to SOE, the SWGEmu staff members were the ones who were probably so annoyed they decided to do the impossible and bring back SWG as we all knew and loved, you guys just made some characters and played a game, the staff probably spent numerous days on code consisting of less lines than this post.

Sabbathicus 04-27-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecapn2004 (Post 592281)

SOE is the cause of all problems, unfortunately unlike beer they're not also the solution.

criticalmass 04-27-2010 11:33 PM

with faction points bugging players out,..so GCW style pvp is fairly worthless,...one hit weapons,...bloated economy from credit duping,....only pvp that exists is dueling/BHing
if you devs werent gonna take the majority voice with some seriousness you fail
-1 respect
just another reason why this project is even more seeming to be out of reach
what i mean is,..if huge programming teams for SoE couldnt do it right, or had the skills to do it and failed. its hard to have faith in a group of weekend warriors following the same path of not listening to their player base.

t-nutz 04-27-2010 11:35 PM

*These are not the Devs you are looking for*

roodypooh 04-27-2010 11:37 PM

ok time for some humor at the staffs expense. AND NO THIS REALLY DIDNT HAPPEN PEOPLE......its just for giggles

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4...vsfakechat.jpg

Arnold47525 04-27-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-nutz (Post 592296)

Mind tricks only work on those who got one. :D

inyri 04-27-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-nutz (Post 592296)

Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.

cK` 04-27-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabbathicus (Post 592289)
SOE is the cause of all problems, unfortunately unlike beer they're not also the solution.

LUL! thats funny and very true! its also very sad.....:O:

You people need to stop attack devs.

GO away, do not continue to post on a game forum that you hate. There are people who actually want to see a pre-cu someday do not want faggets like you pissing off the only people who are going to make it happen.

Shadow2k 04-27-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inyri (Post 592302)
Good luck finding some others.

You know, maybe you guys should not try to alienate the guys coding the game you want who are trying to make sure we don't do something as drastic as wiping the server based on information we can't verify is completely accurate.

Logic doesn't work in here, sorry. :(

The conspiracy theories seem to be much more popular.

jDittyj 04-27-2010 11:41 PM

Personally, I am raging inside that there wasn't a wipe because I get excited for this stuff, but still without the swgemu staff we would even have any of this, pre cu wuldnt even be here, and they have the final say in everything about the server so just everyone stop complaining it's not gonna help anything. I'm sure they have plenty of reason to postpone the wipe, who knows, maybe they have something bigger and better coming sooner that b u think.

Re'Tak 04-27-2010 11:44 PM

Why don't we just kill this thread already? It's completely pointless and I don't see anything but massive e-tears from the community and holier-than-thou drivel from (some) Devs.

Enough is enough.

Worlack 04-27-2010 11:44 PM

This is how I see it:

Devs were brainstorming on how to fix some of the server issues. Wipe was tossed around as an idea, but since it isn't a pressing concern on a "dead code" server it was decided that the community would be allowed to decide. "We are impartial to a wipe" "We will not pander to the QQers."

Poll was launched. Community was passionate one way or the other. People called into question the integrity of the poll due to "lack of information" and "possible fraud".

Poll was revised and relaunched. "66% majority needed" well beyond a standard majority. Community was more informed, but still certain questions were raised such as harvesters and banks. Integrity of poll called into question again, this time due to lack of key points "harvesters and banks" and even more prevalent "voter fraud".

In my view, at this point, the staff saw that they had made a mistake, they didn't take every variable into account, like the possible fraud and the few items they (in my opinion, accidentally) omitted. I believe these were honest mistakes (just as cRush stated) they had already reset the poll once so to do so again would be ridiculous.

There are allegations of votes being removed and the only way to do this in vBulletin requires a moderator to my knowledge. Looking at the evidence of the screenshots, that seems to be a possibility, its also possible that it was simply a database error, I have no idea, I'm not versed enough to comment.

Where I feel the whole affair went south is when, after two separate polls had the majority in favor of a wipe the staff decided to just say nevermind. I understand some of the reasons, but all this ended up doing was causing a storm of controversy. I know there would be controversy either way, but the staff continues to put their collective feet in their mouths instead of sticking to their own rules. Some of the other staff went so far as to simply post "Cry" in another thread and locked it.

I again want to reiterate that this staff has profound skill in creating a pre-CU/NGE experience for us, but in my view, they are desperate for a competent and respectful community staff leader/staff members. I pray that when/if Suncrusher and eventually 1.0 is released that many of these staff members don't have a say in how the server is run internally.