SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   TC:NOVA Wipe Poll Results (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=54674)

Kainzo 04-28-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonkatuff (Post 593266)
You make it sound like they added stuff. What is there to explore when damage is lowered or certain mobs dont drop items anymore? If anything , its the total opposite of exploring, because you already know whats there.

You are a retard, helmet , mouth piec, the whole 9.

If you spent half the time playing the game, as you do posting mindless garbage, you may actually enjoy yourself.

Despite it being changed to something you don't like, it still is considered new. Your bias in this situation affects your ability to reason.

Have fun :)

Raiden Nar 04-28-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kainzo (Post 593269)
If you spent half the time playing the game, as you do posting mindless garbage, you may actually enjoy yourself.

Despite it being changed to something you don't like, it still is considered new. Your bias in this situation affects your ability to reason.

Have fun :)


Please just shut the **** up flaming peoples posts ok? Everyone has there opinion so just shut up.

Kainzo 04-28-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiden Nar (Post 593274)
Please just shut the **** up flaming peoples posts ok? Everyone has there opinion so just shut up.

If everyone has their own opinion, am I not entitled to my own?

Cruel irony, I doth love thee.

kailos 04-28-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kainzo (Post 593283)
If everyone has their own opinion, am I not entitled to my own?

Cruel irony, I doth love thee.

From what I can see you flame more peoples posts than add anything constructive.

Having your own opinion about the TOPIC is fine, and you should voice it.

But flaming individuals opinions and personal attacks because someone has a different opinion, are a waste of forum space, your not the only one but your one of them.

tonkatuff 04-28-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kainzo (Post 593283)
If everyone has their own opinion, am I not entitled to my own?

Cruel irony, I doth love thee.

Where did I say I didnt like it? I love the idea they are fixing loot.

You are just some punk ass kid who JUST signed up who is here to flame (I mean you are a fairy after all).

It still isnt new. They arent adding anything new lol.

Kainzo 04-28-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kailos (Post 593306)
From what I can see you flame more peoples posts than add anything constructive.

Having your own opinion about the TOPIC is fine, and you should voice it.

But flaming individuals opinions and personal attacks because someone has a different opinion, are a waste of forum space, your not the only one but your one of them.

If you refer back to previous posts, I provided information that even though there were no wipe, it would still offer some "new" content, ie different loot table, as previously stated by a developer, cRush.

The forums fly by fast, its understandable, I was merely integrating that message to the inflamed user.

As for flames, whoever jumped on me about it not being NEW but "different" is the person flaming needlessly.

A group of people sitting around shouting for no reason doesn't make sense, if you have information and it is possible to diverge their perspective, why not aid them?

tonkatuff 04-28-2010 01:45 PM

What kind of drugs are you on? lol. It is NOT new content if nothing NEW is added. I mean instead of mobs dropping a max dmg 1450 T21, they will drop max dmg 750 T21s... is that new? No, its not. There is NOTHING additional being added.

Kainzo 04-28-2010 01:51 PM

It's a matter of perspective. Since there won't be overpowered guns dropping making WS crafter items useless, I would say that is "new" content. Despite you not liking the change, doesn't merit it useless.

Semantics.

tranewreck 04-28-2010 02:10 PM

wow, i hear lots of complains about a FREE game. Hours of time spent on programming a game the was destroyed by SOE on their own time. Im pretty sure most of you here complaining have not a clue what it has taken to even get this game to the playable point it is, but you sure ass hell study how to dupe, cheat and talk **** the entire way through the process. These guys arent SOE, they asked a simple question about a wipe that im sure they dreaded posting. For the Devs, thank you. done a hell of a job, for all you crybabies out there, leave... go play wow or star trek online. FLAME ON!!

safak 04-28-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRush (Post 592923)
Anyone else notice that those screenshots that are supposedly evidence of a moderator "fixing" the polls actually show more votes being removed from no columns than yes columns? I don't have moderator access to the forums, so can't really see what options are available there, but the difference between the two screenshots is very minimal lol. We are talking about 2-3 votes being removed. Hardly evidence to call things a conspiracy.

those were my screenshots. while im not even one who cares all that much about a wipe, its 100% shows something weird.

and its not even about the missing votes. the problem is, it basicly shows 20 votes in a row for a 15% answer in the span of less than a minute. actually 19 more votes were cast, one removed from here, put there..but 20 were put into option c.
something that cannot happen legitimately.

the odds of rolling a 6 on a die is slightly greater than 16%, so even better than 'option c'. see if you can roll 5 in a row let alone 20. will never happen. you could try for years and never hit 7 in a row.

i realize that isn't exactly the same thing but in a poll with that big of a sample size, its just impossible to happen, even if it were a 75% majority answer let alone one that was below 15%

Firaxis 04-28-2010 02:13 PM

Personally this was good for me at least...I have a family and I don't have plenty of time playing swg. I like my toon that I have played with since last year and it would be kind of boring and it would take a lot of precious time to build up that character again after a wipe.

Mujahed 04-28-2010 02:15 PM

Think the devs get no profit from this? Even if there's barely cash left besides the donations, there's more types of gain. I'm too old to believe the entire dev team exists of zealot altruists.

Kayliaah 04-28-2010 02:17 PM

As expected, epic lols.
GG.

tazman1701 04-28-2010 02:20 PM

Good job keeping things under control admins. Though I am disappointed that the majority includign myself voted for a wipe and it is not going to happen I can see why. I have been following the forums very closley and all I can see is a follows.
***** ***** ***** Whine Whine Cry tantrum ***** whine cry.
I am sorry that you asked for mature opinions and this comunity only proves that we need you to feed us and change our nappies. This is going to bring a whole lot of hell from the people that dont care however those of us that want to see this done and done right truely understand the need for a intact community and if wiping would split the comunity then no wipe was the right descion.

BigEvil 04-28-2010 02:21 PM

I hope we get even MORE donations. More Solid State Devices and high end stuff = greasy server performance in the long run.

Kraschman 04-28-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 592718)
Wrong.
The VAST majority voted for a wipe.
One or more moderators on this board altered the vote count and then deleted the poll thread.

(I'll post these links again since I know it'll be asked)
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/pollafterclose.png/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/pollam...foreclose.png/

Take a close look at those numbers.

All that proves is that you know how to take a screenshot.

Do you have access to the vote records to know how each account voted? Do you have access to the account logs to ensure all the accounts that voted are unique users and not dupe accounts?

If not, there's no way we can trust ANY of the votes on face value.

You're treating the before pic as solid numbers, which they may not actually be. The vote count may have been altered long before the vote ended, by users let alone any possible fixing by the mods.

With the lack of proof to the contrary, the entire vote is suspect, not just the last minute.

kookaburra 04-28-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baigs (Post 592770)
And your amount donated is?


Not much, but more than you apparently! :eek:

kookaburra 04-28-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraschman (Post 593361)
All that proves is that you know how to take a screenshot.

Do you have access to the vote records to know how each account voted? Do you have access to the account logs to ensure all the accounts that voted are unique users and not dupe accounts?

If not, there's no way we can trust ANY of the votes on face value.

You're treating the before pic as solid numbers, which they may not actually be. The vote count may have been altered long before the vote ended, by users let alone any possible fixing by the mods.

With the lack of proof to the contrary, the entire vote is suspect, not just the last minute.

You're not looking close enough. Unless you have an explanation about how people cast NEGATIVE votes.

Izure 04-28-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranewreck (Post 593344)
wow, i hear lots of complains about a FREE game. Hours of time spent on programming a game the was destroyed by SOE on their own time. Im pretty sure most of you here complaining have not a clue what it has taken to even get this game to the playable point it is, but you sure ass hell study how to dupe, cheat and talk **** the entire way through the process. These guys arent SOE, they asked a simple question about a wipe that im sure they dreaded posting. For the Devs, thank you. done a hell of a job, for all you crybabies out there, leave... go play wow or star trek online. FLAME ON!!

100%

Rest of you whining at devs, **** You.

How dare you whine at the devs for a free game, building a game on their own time, to relive the Pre-CU golden days.

If you cant take it leave, we dont want you in the community anways, ****ing kids these days.

Good job devs, do what needs to be done in your own mind.

That said, while the devs might not see any money in their pocket, I am sure creating a emulator for any type of a game is a +1 on a resume and the donations for equipment needed will always be in their hands, not saying they arent making no profit at all in any form, but they arent going to get rich.

Also if the OR is delivered and promised, and JTL is a for sure within a year or two after the OR, I would pay a 5-10 dollar subscription, asking anymore then 10 though is WAY out of whack.

But IMO the devs should at least ask for a 5 dollar monthly sub fee.

Mujahed 04-28-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izure (Post 593388)
100%

Rest of you whining at devs, **** You.

How dare you whine at the devs for a free game, building a game on their own time, to relive the Pre-CU golden days.

If you cant take it leave, we dont want you in the community anways, ****ing kids these days.

Good job devs, do what needs to be done in your own mind.

That said, while the devs might not see any money in their pocket, I am sure creating a emulator for any type of a game is a +1 on a resume and the donations for equipment needed will always be in their hands, not saying they arent making no profit at all in any form, but they arent going to get rich.

Also if the OR is delivered and promised, and JTL is a for sure within a year or two after the OR, I would pay a 5-10 dollar subscription, asking anymore then 10 though is WAY out of whack.

But IMO the devs should at least ask for a 5 dollar monthly sub fee.

Yes they do this on their own time, that's their choice. Nobody's thanking me for mowing my mother's lawn on my own time.

Kraschman 04-28-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 593374)
You're not looking close enough. Unless you have an explanation about how people cast NEGATIVE votes.

And you're missing the point. Do we have any proof that the POSITIVE votes weren't fudged?

Baigs 04-28-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 593371)
Not much, but more than you apparently! :eek:

Aye since you were called on it.. might be wise to believe to pay to play if you pay first not after you make bold statements :)

Lazerbrick 04-28-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izure (Post 593388)
100%

Rest of you whining at devs, **** You.

How dare you whine at the devs for a free game, building a game on their own time, to relive the Pre-CU golden days.

If you cant take it leave, we dont want you in the community anways, ****ing kids these days.

Good job devs, do what needs to be done in your own mind.

That said, while the devs might not see any money in their pocket, I am sure creating a emulator for any type of a game is a +1 on a resume and the donations for equipment needed will always be in their hands, not saying they arent making no profit at all in any form, but they arent going to get rich.

Also if the OR is delivered and promised, and JTL is a for sure within a year or two after the OR, I would pay a 5-10 dollar subscription, asking anymore then 10 though is WAY out of whack.

But IMO the devs should at least ask for a 5 dollar monthly sub fee.

so much wrong with this.

Kraschman 04-28-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mujahed (Post 593392)
Yes they do this on their own time, that's their choice. Nobody's thanking me for mowing my mother's lawn on my own time.

Except maybe your mother. The recipient of your mowing prowess.

We are the recipients of the dev's largesse of time and effort spent rebuilding the Pre-CU game we're playing.

kookaburra 04-28-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izure (Post 593388)
Also if the OR is delivered and promised, and JTL is a for sure within a year or two after the OR, I would pay a 5-10 dollar subscription, asking anymore then 10 though is WAY out of whack.

But IMO the devs should at least ask for a 5 dollar monthly sub fee.

wow...
Isn't that code for "I will never donate"?

Why would $15/month be WAY out of whack for a FULLY functional SWG emulator?

They won't be requiring monthly fees either. Unless I'm mistaken that would bring in the lawyers from both SOE and Lucas....

kookaburra 04-28-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baigs (Post 593400)
Aye since you were called on it.. might be wise to believe to pay to play if you pay first not after you make bold statements :)

Uhm. no... I donated over a month ago.
I'm not playing right now so I'm not donating right now.

Baigs 04-28-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 593411)
Uhm. no... I donated over a month ago.

My apologies then I guess you had it invisible until today and when I made my post it had shown you as never having donated

Mujahed 04-28-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraschman (Post 593398)
And you're missing the point. Do we have any proof that the POSITIVE votes weren't fudged?

Innocent until proven guilty? No evidence for either? Then accept the damn vote.

kookaburra 04-28-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baigs (Post 593414)
My apologies then I guess you had it invisible until today and when I made my post it had shown you as never having donated

Yeah, I've noticed for some reason it doesn't always show up.

I realize circumstances are present that prevent some users from donating. But the vast majority of people who ARE playing just choose to not take the time to do so. Most people could part with $5/month without even thinking about it.

Regardless of what has happened over the last few days, I would be very happy to see the SWGEmu 1.0 finished.

Kraschman 04-28-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mujahed (Post 593415)
Innocent until proven guilty? No evidence for either? Then accept the damn vote.

Or toss the suspect vote out. Innocent until proven guilty? This isn't a court of law. It's not necessarily even a democracy.

BTW just WE don't have evidence doesn't necessarily mean the DEVS don't.

Baigs 04-28-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 593417)
Yeah, I've noticed for some reason it doesn't always show up.

I realize circumstances are present that prevent some users from donating. But the vast majority of people who ARE playing just choose to not take the time to do so. Most people could part with $5/month without even thinking about it.

yea they don't accept food stamps. or amounts under $5 >.<

Izure 04-28-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 593410)
wow...
Isn't that code for "I will never donate"?

Why would $15/month be WAY out of whack for a FULLY functional SWG emulator?

They won't be requiring monthly fees either. Unless I'm mistaken that would bring in the lawyers from both SOE and Lucas....

Because there is 50 other fully functional MMORPGS for free, and this game is old as fck.

Asking any more for 5-7.50/month would be Overpriced, that is my personal opinion, I would probably still pay 10-15, but I doubt we will see the population we want if it was 5 or none /month.

BTW did you even read my post, or you talking about someone else's posts? because you made no sense.

But can't they make the 5-10/month fee be made as maintence instead of profit and be legal?

Kraschman 04-28-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izure (Post 593433)
Because there is 50 other fully functional MMORPGS for free, and this game is old as fck.

Asking any more for 5-7.50/month would be Overpriced, that is my personal opinion, I would probably still pay 10-15, but I doubt we will see the population we want if it was 5 or none /month.

ahhhh but how many of those free MMOs are Star Wars-related?

Kainzo 04-28-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izure (Post 593433)
Because there is 50 other fully functional MMORPGS for free, and this game is old as fck.

Asking any more for 5-7.50/month would be Overpriced, that is my personal opinion, I would probably still pay 10-15, but I doubt we will see the population we want if it was 5 or none /month.

Just because a game is "newer" doesn't make it better or more fun... There could be 150 new games but the simple fact is, it isn't Star Wars galaxies pre-cu.

So yeah, I can see donations coming into play.

kookaburra 04-28-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izure (Post 593433)
Because there is 50 other fully functional MMORPGS for free, and this game is old as fck.

yeah, I've actually tried a lot of them after I got WoW burnout.
Quite frankly, they suck.

Izure 04-28-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kainzo (Post 593438)
Just because a game is "newer" doesn't make it better or more fun... There could be 150 new games but the simple fact is, it isn't Star Wars galaxies pre-cu.

So yeah, I can see donations coming into play.

Point is, asking for more than 10 a month would be considered greed, no matter how you look at it, at least in todays world with what they are offering.

Don't see how the dev team can justify a 15 month sub for this EMU, 5-8 is more realistic.

Dorkybob 04-28-2010 03:29 PM

I voted for the wipe with the frogs, if the wipe was gonna go at-least let us have a touch of help getting things up and going again.

It saddens me that duplicate accounts are still a large problem after such a fuss was made about them just a short time back. If you don't wanna ban IP addresses that's fine because people can clone those and get back in, but I'm sure that there are other methods that could be used, such as a one time purchase of a code to activate your account, this would allow for more moneys to support the server and better tracking of accounts and release the IP restrictions that are in place now. (oh and start the flames on this quick before my post gets cold)

I also was a touch confused with the outcome of the poll, I was around the 2010'th or so to vote and from what I saw that the wipe votes did total in excess of 66+ %. So if you could please reply to the why the wipe was retracted I and many other would be greatful, even if it's just a simple, (look we wanted to give you just a bit of something new, but seeing that there was such an out poor about it that we decided that it was more trouble than it was worth...) just be honest, because honesty goes a long way!

As for those folks that are Duping, track them, get the info that you need to stop it in the OR. Implement your new Duping and hacking code if you can without a wipe and see if it helps. (btw it takes a particular type of person to dupe and hack and that can be an asset in some cases. so yes use that asset and make the OR code better!) (I do not support Duping or hacking, nor do I do it, but to pass up the opportunity to strengthen the Server code base to stop such acts is just plain silly!)

So lets stop the QQing and get this show on the road folks, the OR needs the attention that would have been put into the wipe anyway, and two days put into the OR now is two days less we have to wait to test it!

Mujahed 04-28-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraschman (Post 593418)
Or toss the suspect vote out. Innocent until proven guilty? This isn't a court of law. It's not necessarily even a democracy.

BTW just WE don't have evidence doesn't necessarily mean the DEVS don't.

This sure as hell ain't a democracy!

safak 04-28-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookaburra (Post 593443)
yeah, I've actually tried a lot of them after I got WoW burnout.
Quite frankly, they suck.

truth. i don't know how so many games can come out that are so terrible.
its to the point people think darkfall is fun. just because everything else is sooo bad that it makes that steaming pile of dog@#$@ seem ok in comparison.

Kainzo 04-28-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorkybob (Post 593445)
I voted for the wipe with the frogs, if the wipe was gonna go at-least let us have a touch of help getting things up and going again.

It saddens me that duplicate accounts are still a large problem after such a fuss was made about them just a short time back. If you don't wanna ban IP addresses that's fine because people can clone those and get back in, but I'm sure that there are other methods that could be used, such as a one time purchase of a code to activate your account, this would allow for more moneys to support the server and better tracking of accounts and release the IP restrictions that are in place now. (oh and start the flames on this quick before my post gets cold)

I also was a touch confused with the outcome of the poll, I was around the 2010'th or so to vote and from what I saw that the wipe votes did total in excess of 66+ %. So if you could please reply to the why the wipe was retracted I and many other would be greatful, even if it's just a simple, (look we wanted to give you just a bit of something new, but seeing that there was such an out poor about it that we decided that it was more trouble than it was worth...) just be honest, because honesty goes a long way!

As for those folks that are Duping, track them, get the info that you need to stop it in the OR. Implement your new Duping and hacking code if you can without a wipe and see if it helps. (btw it takes a particular type of person to dupe and hack and that can be an asset in some cases. so yes use that asset and make the OR code better!) (I do not support Duping or hacking, nor do I do it, but to pass up the opportunity to strengthen the Server code base to stop such acts is just plain silly!)

So lets stop the QQing and get this show on the road folks, the OR needs the attention that would have been put into the wipe anyway, and two days put into the OR now is two days less we have to wait to test it!

cRush (dev) already replied to why it was redacted. I don't have the quote though im sure someone else does.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.