SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   TC:NOVA Wipe Poll Results (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=54674)

Vlock 04-27-2010 06:15 PM

not happy about it. so much QQ about the wipe. I cant wait until it legitimately comes and all those duped items and credits come to a close.

Well, not that it matters, I wont be playing until the TC is wiped. Ill of course keep an eye on the progress here though.

Vlada 04-27-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rincon (Post 591557)
Why was Kyle such an active part of the "vote NO" voice anyway? I personally saw several system messages from him, obviously phrased in a way that supported the no vote, and now the roumour of the week being passed around is that he was involved in creating new account to vote no with?

Nooooo, my post had nothing to do with Kyle, i responded to someone spreading misinformation. Someone claimed that it was 66.66% needed for the wipe to go through, and since i couldn't quote Kyle (thread was deleted) i just posted that.

This has nothing to do with anyone personal. This is all a abut the SWGEmu team as whole, about their professionalism or lack of it.

tonkatuff 04-27-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jksdustin (Post 591545)
So let me get this straight, you market yourselves by saying you'll listen to the community, yet you go with the minority?

This leads to 6 questions

1. What are you going to do to the dupers/account sellers/buyers? (buyers should get the same treatment as sellers for being dumb enough to buy an account for a game in testing stages)

From what I heard, they have plans in place to lower the duped credits.

2. Will you now stop worrying about semi-irrelivent things like the jedi system (an actual one can always be set up in OR, ours was fine the way it was, and don't get me wrong, nothing against jedi, i was making one and still voted for yes) and begin to focus on some actual fixes?

While its cool to have a jedi (i mean come on, everyone and there mother has one), it hurts the game, just like it did in the original. The system being proposed for SC will fix this. So I agree , they shouldnt waste time worrying about it.

3. Are you planning on doing anything for the people who deleted their characters already to help you with the wipe? (I myself am not one, but I believe I saw some posts from people talking about already doing it because "someone" had told them about the wipe before hand, and considering the fact the majority was for wipe there could be a decent number.)

There was NEVER an official word saying there was or wasnt a wipe. If you deleted your character or someone else did, they are dumb asses. Its not the dev's fault.

4. If inflation is apparently so bad that you had to wipe and now its going to remain the same for a while, how do you expect to deal with it until OR? (First because now it will continue, second because now so many more people know its possible to dupe credits and items it will most likely happen alot more)

The inflation is only one part of this. The biggest part is all the overpowered **** people are picking up off of sentinels. Everyone Ive seen goes rifles and bugs the sentinels out and exploits to get the loot. These weapons have WRECKED any fun in the game. And I have a perspective from both sides. I have really crazy weapons and ive used them and had them used on me. Its ignorant, foolish, and simply not fun.

5. Are you guys gonna pull this again anytime before OR over the same stupid stuff, or will the next one come with an actual fix? (I know you probably can't answer this, but still what the hell man?)

I would be no. Dont be suprised though if there are some changes here and there. I know I wouldnt be. Maybe a credit wipe of a certain % few people or something like that.

6. How many people created accounts since the poll was started? Because its my opinion that anyone who was not playing prior to the wipe announcement should not have been able to vote.

Who really cares?

This whole thing pisses me off.

You don't have to stay here. No one is making you.

Look, the bottom line is simple. You do NOT pay for this game in a test state. You wont be required to pay at anytime ever. If you donate, thats YOUR choice and by no means does it give you the right to voice your opinion. I know a developer personally and he does this for free. It takes up all his time from work to sleep. These developers are doing this for me, and you, and everyone else that loved the original game. If they choose to wipe it to make it more fun for people or they chose not to, thats there choice. In no way do they have to do anything for you or me. You ****ers should be greatful that they are doing what they are doing at all.

Whiskey37 04-27-2010 06:17 PM

****! So there are no blue frogs to ****?

Duchess 04-27-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamune (Post 591564)
This same stunt was pulled claiming "mah account was hax'd and someone stole all my monies" a number of times, too...

It's scary to see what lengths people will go to to get 'virtual' items. People who cling to things that not only don't really exist but are meant for entertainment purposes ONLY maybe should take a break from gaming and see the world in all of it's detailed glory :D.
As many have pointed out, greed is what screws up the economy, sadly, like IRL.
People who care more about how many credits they can cram their bank with instead of caring about friendships need to realize that that's exactly what ruined the real world. The thought that there are people who would try anything (even without cheating) to sell overpriced goods is biting themselves in the bum. Monopolies are a terrible thing and we should probably stay away from the Capitalistic model of 'do whatever you can to make more money than everyone else even if it means stepping on everyone else' won't fly in a game that relies heavily on socialization and friendship to even exist.
Wipe or no wipe, I would really hope that the Devs would try their best to control the ego maniacs on this server before pulling the plug. I just hope they don't decide to throw the server out the window.
Unfortunately it is illegal to 'pay' for an emulated server, so even if I were to pay 1000 dollars a month to keep this thing going I know I wouldn't have any legal say in what happens to the server.
That's just how it is I guess.

trunck 04-27-2010 06:20 PM

same ol' game, same ol' bull****

BlazeHoliday 04-27-2010 06:21 PM

wow, way to piss off the majority.

should of just said we are wiping and will give you guys frogs for the first two weeks

/endthread

SOE much?

Massimiliano 04-27-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trunck (Post 591583)
same ol' game, same ol' bull****

Best post of the thread, few words for a sad reality.

Kraschman 04-27-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonkatuff (Post 591578)
Look, the bottom line is simple. You do NOT pay for this game in a test state. You wont be required to pay at anytime ever. If you donate, thats YOUR choice and by no means does it give you the right to voice your opinion. I know a developer personally and he does this for free. It takes up all his time from work to sleep. These developers are doing this for me, and you, and everyone else that loved the original game. If they choose to wipe it to make it more fun for people or they chose not to, thats there choice. In no way do they have to do anything for you or me. You ****ers should be greatful that they are doing what they are doing at all.

/applaud;

(And for the record, I voted yes with frogs)

Didn't get the wipe I voted for, but I'm not complaining. The devs are not doing this for money, they're doing it for love of the game we all want back. Before anyone starts lobbing insults at them, one MIGHT remember that without them we have no game to play save SOE's POS NGE.

Vlock 04-27-2010 06:24 PM

many people are claiming the staff lack of professionalism by ignoring the voice of the majority.

are we surprised how this turned out? Of course a small percentage doesnt want their crap wiped even though it is inevitable in the future anyway, yet again, SOMEONE catered to the crying of the minority rather than the voice of the majority. sound familiar?

BlazeHoliday 04-27-2010 06:25 PM

I also like how there is definately a wipe needed due to not only exploiters but other reasons and it's totally being over looked.

It's like a kid brings drugs to school and the school principal takes a vote to see if the kid should be expelled. Vast majority say yes a fraction say no and we have a debate and next thing ya know..... CU... NGE... QQers!

tonkatuff 04-27-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraschman (Post 591587)
/applaud;

(And for the record, I voted yes with frogs)

Didn't get the wipe I voted for, but I'm not complaining. The devs are not doing this for money, they're doing it for love of the game we all want back. Before anyone starts lobbing insults at them, one MIGHT remember that without them we have no game to play save SOE's POS NGE.

I voted yes for a wipe too. Im not all butt hurt :)

Z Ray 04-27-2010 06:27 PM

This isn't even really about to wipe or not wipe. It's the fact they jerked the community around. I don't play the TC anyways, mostly due to the minoirty that voted no.

quadkidd02 04-27-2010 06:27 PM

Im not as mad at the fact the wipe didn't happen, but more so that the navigation on the side of the forum doesn't work.

rekoil 04-27-2010 06:29 PM

thanks for the update

Deus In Machina 04-27-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonkatuff (Post 591578)

This, exactly. People should learn respect and grow in maturity. Most of them act like if they were on the official SOE forums, with customers rights and all. Remember, you are ALLOWED to play there on Nova, for free. We shouldn't even have the right to express our own opinion on big decisions such as a Wipe, this isn't our concern, nor our decision. Let the devs plan the development and server management the way they want to, it's their toy, not ours. Unhappy? whine whine where are my shinies booooh? Move along.. seriously.

Letesh 04-27-2010 06:30 PM

QQ more people. The devs have their reasons for not wiping. Accept it and get back to playing or leave...

Ekowraith 04-27-2010 06:30 PM

The issue isn't gratitude here. This decision was senseless, aggressively unfair, damaging to the integrity of the community, and rewarding of bad behavior.

To the "don't complain, it's free" crowd: would you complain if a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically? Your same principles would apply: you are not paying for SWGEmu, and you do not have a right to it. But at the end of the day, unfair treatment is unfair treatment. People seem to be content to overlook this when it favors them.

Budias 04-27-2010 06:32 PM

Think about that though. I uderstand that it's free but what kind of moron puts a poll gets people thinking there is going to be a wipe and then say oh nm? Alot of us understand it's free...but don't ask us for our vote and then piss on us.

Kainzo 04-27-2010 06:32 PM

Thanks Vlada, that ignore feature is a godsend. So many ugly avatars I never have to see again.

log.iC 04-27-2010 06:33 PM

I come with gifts! It's like eChristmas around here.

Code:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StE4qllJho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOKLwN2czk

Vlock 04-27-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekowraith (Post 591603)
The issue isn't gratitude here. This decision was senseless, aggressively unfair, damaging to the integrity of the community, and rewarding of bad behavior.

To the "don't complain, it's free" crowd: would you complain if a developer banned you because he disagreed with you politically? Your same principles would apply: you are not paying for SWGEmu, and you do not have a right to it. But at the end of the day, unfair treatment is unfair treatment. People seem to be content to overlook this when it favors them.

I whole heartedly must agree with eko's statement.

Duchess 04-27-2010 06:34 PM

The only reason this thread is still going is because people like to post stuff in forums like this. Hey, I won't deny that this isn't entertaining to read all of these posts-- 10 years ago I used to argue in forum threads like this to the point of getting banned, even if I was right. I've learned that it helps nobody to worry too much about someone else's opinion to the point that you become red-faced and sweaty. People will probably continue to post poll results and analyze them and nobody is arguing about the poll results. At least some people try to approach this with humor and not ruin their day because of a game.

Duchess 04-27-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

I've been banned from Darkfall just because I'm on the same router as my boyfriend and he got himself banned from the forum. I told them and they didn't believe me so I just left. That's it. I didn't mind.

BloodForbes 04-27-2010 06:37 PM

attachment is not the jedi way

Kraschman 04-27-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

What precisely is unfair about this treatment?
  • The fact we get to play in their sandbox?
  • The fact they even solicited our opinion despite not needing to?
  • The fact they never promised they would wipe the server?
  • The fact they decided not to wipe based on several issues including possible vote fixing?
Personally, I'm not seeing the unfair part. And also for the record, none of my characters have any gear that is remotely uber, or more than 5k credits. So I'm no duper.

Z Ray 04-27-2010 06:39 PM

duchess that's because darkfall is terrible

Kreen 04-27-2010 06:39 PM

I think the moderators are going to find that the drama caused by the 200 people who cried about the server being wiped is gonna be insignificant to the 1000 who are enraged it isn't.

Duchess 04-27-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Ray (Post 591617)
duchess that's because darkfall is terrible

So is Coldplay, but I don't tell that to the person who listens to it :). <3 Peace.

Deus In Machina 04-27-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budias (Post 591606)
Think about that though. I uderstand that it's free but what kind of moron puts a poll gets people thinking there is going to be a wipe and then say oh nm? Alot of us understand it's free...but don't ask us for our vote and then piss on us.

The original post is pretty much clear about that point. They started a poll about an eventual wipe, and they did get answers and questions they didn't expect. The result is "forget it, was a mistake, thank you for the feedback". I don't see what's wrong with that.

On a side note, i did vote for a Wipe, though i'm playing around with a Faint character. As I said, I don't care if there is a wipe or not, as long as I know it's going to happen, or not. The server is being wiped? fine, gimme a shout when it's done so i can start over a new char and have a fun fresh beginning. No wipe? Fine, ill just keep playing my actual chars. Whatever it has been decided, i do respect the decision.

BloodForbes 04-27-2010 06:43 PM

the angry few speak 10 times louder than the many who are content.

Ekowraith 04-27-2010 06:43 PM

• That the staff closed the poll and erred on the side of the minority. If it were at all in doubt, why not make the choice that most people favored?
  • That the justifications for closing the poll rewarded the exact bad behavior it claimed to punish. ("No" voters were more likely to have dupe votes because dupers had something to gain by voting no.)
  • That staff very likely changed the poll by adding and removing votes to lessen the severity of their minority-pandering decision.

kookaburra 04-27-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by log.iC (Post 591609)

Code:

Your post has actually given me A New Hope for the future.

BlazeHoliday 04-27-2010 06:45 PM

We need an explanation or an apology or something. I know I'm going to get the WE DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Then why ask our opinion? Then why ask for our vote? They why cater to the minority? They why have a forum? Why, why, why?

BTW I'm pissed to all hell that we were underminded more then anything. But I'll continue to support SWGemu. But pissed as hell at the SOE move just pulled. To no end. Might not log in to TC for a good while off principle alone.

loftkilla 04-27-2010 06:46 PM

so I deleted all my characters for nothing?

Labyrinth 04-27-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivoh (Post 591288)
Im pissed because they promised a wipe if the majority got the vote, the vast majority got it, and instead of keeping the promise, they tell us "Nevermind"...

Technically, the thing they backpedaled on was saying that the poll had too much room for bias, proxies, etc. The actual turn out of votes isn't really relevant to what they did because they didn't wait a whole two weeks like they said they were going to (now who was clamoring for them to just "wrap it up now"? Wasn't that the let's wipe "majority"? Hmm..). I can't help but find it amusing that so many people pissed about what happened are pissed not because of the reneging itself, but because they didn't get their wipe.

Really, as much as people say that the staff went with the "whining minority," keep in mind that whining from a minority was what brought about the poll and the possible user-based decision in the first place. Add to that the fact that the poll results have no proof of being accurate of user opinion in the first place; I remember at least a couple cases easily where someone said that they chose "yes" and then realized afterward that they didn't actually want a wipe.

It all reminds me of the speedhacking situation a while back and how people went bat**** insane because principles such as "cheating" were brought into the argument. "Dupers" seems to be the flavor of the month for riling the memberbase up.

BlazeHoliday 04-27-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by log.iC (Post 591609)

Code:

thx for this!

kookaburra 04-27-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazeHoliday (Post 591636)
We need an explanation or an apology or something. I know I'm going to get the WE DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING. Then why ask our opinion? Then why ask for our vote? They why cater to the minority? They why have a forum? Why, why, why?

Because they had NO CLUE that the community would be so in favor of a wipe.
I'd be very curious to know the ACTUAL vote count (without the padding). I'd guess its about 3:1 in favor.

If instead of all this poll nonsense, they had just made an announcement that they were aware of the in-game problems but that there would be no server wipes in the immediate future, this who debacle would be a non issue.

Massimiliano 04-27-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loftkilla (Post 591637)

No one asked or told you to do that m8.

Ashur 04-27-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loftkilla (Post 591637)

holy hell dude, plz tell me thats a joke.

and it did remind me of the guy that deleted all his skills while waiting for the CU because he thought that was what needed to be done to respec