SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   TC Bulletin and Policy Change 10/15/09 (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33216)

Tropicana 10-28-2009 05:27 AM

Max, I think you are a stand-up guy, I really do. That being said; Why aren't you standing up for yourself, and telling the idiots on your team to sit down, and shut the **** up?

Every time you come on the forums with something promising, someone else comes along, and ruins the entire thing, and makes you come off as a liar, which I know you are not. Most of the members on the forums are completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is actually older than the one that is already locked. If they read that one, they wouldn't be so anxious to swallow the Emulator's enormous E-peen, even if it is sticking out of a pair of navy blue slacks that are being held up by a pair of red suspenders that are resting comfortably over top a green and white plaid shirt, with both of it's front pockets heavily guarded by pencils, erasers, and a pair of bi-focal glasses. As appealing as that might be.

No offense to any members on these forums, but the majority of them are mindless drones that are being used to test a 4 year in the making make-shift Alpha server. Most of them don't even know what hacking, or duping is. I'd even go so far as saying that half of the players on the emulator spend 90% of their time in the Cantina using the server as a cyber-frenzied chat room.

If you want people to be able to actually "test" your Alpha server with any degree of accuracy, then why don't you use some of the thousands of dollars that have been poured like water into this project and go buy legit servers that don't act like a freshman college student after his first house party.

Personally, I think that any, and all "promises" that are announced should come with a disclaimer that they will last about 10 days, or until a programmer's friend starts speed-hacking. That way, no one can complain when these types of things happen, because we will be expecting them.

I am sure you know by now that playing on the TC while the debugger is running is like digital déjà vu. I guess that isn't so bad for those who like to see the scenery, because they will get it to see it over, and over, and over again. There is nothing healthier than running out of a city six times before you finally break your rubber-banding for testing purposes, I gotta hand it to the EMu team, they sure know how to be practical, and efficient.

If there is any one thing I want to stress to the EMu team it would be: Fix the Mobs.

Fix the mobs so that you don't have lairs that spawn 30m out in water, fix mobs so that they don't attack you, run away, regenerate, and then come attack you again, fix mobs so they don't attack you, while being unattackable themselves, fix mobs that can apply states, and are unattackable, fix mobs that spawn inside of walls, on LoS lines, on top of you randomly, as you are running. Fix mobs so that they don't KD-Dizzy you in an infinite loop, fix mobs so that they don't ingore posture change, and dizzy. Fix mobs that aggro from 80m away, and for **** sake, give us Taunt.

I honestly hope that you are able to keep this Emulator alive by yourself Max, because no one else has shown that they care enough to help you. (except El'layn, she does an awesome job.)


Destruction 10-28-2009 08:10 AM

i would like to see where you got that second quote from, as it doesn't sound like Kyle

faceman7381 10-28-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destruction (Post 449527)
i would like to see where you got that second quote from, as it doesn't like Kyle

He got it from the older thread he is referring to that has been locked.

Yes, it was from Kyle. That is why Trop is making this post.

You just proved his point.

Destruction 10-28-2009 02:30 PM

i found it,it's a policy change not a statement by kyle as portrayed in the sig

and the key words are suspiciously not in bold

point not proven until Strict guidelines are elaborated on

also, comparing the statement from 10/15/09 to the CHANGE on 10/18/09 doesn't make a tenable point as the 2nd was likely made with consideration to the 1st

Emokho 10-28-2009 02:53 PM

The thing I get from all this is that perhapse the people with the little blue boxes where the "rank" goes should get together and descuss things in a forum where asmany as possibly can debate, descuss, and come to a concensious before announceing any grand sweeping change so this sort of thing does not occur in the future where one guy either looks like a donkey or like he's getting bent over the desk depending on your point of view.

Perhapse a descussion forum here with acess only given to the staff where topice like "ok guys, what do we do about speed hackers" would appear and be descussed for a time.

faceman7381 10-28-2009 03:08 PM

Okay.....

I am not even going to touch this.

What I will say is this (and I can't believe I am saying this):

If you don't have a join date of 2006 or 2007, you don't know what most of us are talking about.

I invite anyone about to flame me to go back to my posts and look at some of them.
I have offered and have aided TONS of noobs on this forum and in game even when they were being flamed all over the place for saying dumb stuff and asking 'age old questions'.

Now, if you are from the above mentioned era and know of the old boards where if had even ASKED about jedi on there, you'd get the ban stick thumped on your head then you know what Trop, Timbab, myself and others are syaing here.

There is a history. That's all that needs to be said. If you don't know about the removal/restructuring of class representatives were and how that went down, then you don't know what we're talking about.

If you don't know who Megatron is, then you don't know what we are talking about.

The list goes on.

Look back to that thread about the Zero Tolerance to the first post I made. It talks about how people were worried that the emu would turn into an emulator like every other emulator where the boys and their friends were treated differently.

Those fears were and are real.

I like Kyle a lot btw. If you are a crafter, you better show some love for him, because you would still be dreaming about it if it weren't for him. But posting a quote from him in bold to show Trop's point isn't 'suspicious' its to draw attention to it.

cRush ellobrated on stirct guidelines latter in that thread and that because of Ashur's eariler work with finding some very diminshing bugs (my words, as I know Ashur DID test and find bugs) that his recent actions should be weighed in light of his previous assistance to the project.

Trop said:

"Every time you (Max) come on the forums with something promising, someone else comes along, and ruins the entire thing, and makes you come off as a liar, which I know you are not. Most of the members on the forums are completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is actually older than the one that is already locked."

That's his point. Max has played damage control before in some of the above listed instances I stated. Unless you were here then, you don't know what he is talking about which proves Trop's other point:

"No offense to any members on these forums, but the majority of them are mindless drones that are being used to test a 4 year in the making make-shift Alpha server."

That's all.

Emokho 10-28-2009 03:31 PM

Then I apologize yet again for being human and having an opion or suggestion. Or scratch that, read signature attached to post and listen to the unedited version of it in the song "you can't bring me down" by the band named there.

Even inferring that people who are new to something should be excluded from descussion is a great way to ensure no new ideas or persepctives are ever given and that people will not care to come and try to help.

Destruction 10-28-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

If you don't have a join date of 2006 or 2007, you don't know what most of us are talking about.
fair enough, a lot can happen in 2-3 years

Quote:

I invite anyone about to flame me to go back to my posts and look at some of them.
I have offered and have aided TONS of noobs on this forum and in game even when they were being flamed all over the place for saying dumb stuff and asking 'age old questions'.

Now, if you are from the above mentioned era and know of the old boards where if had even ASKED about jedi on there, you'd get the ban stick thumped on your head then you know what Trop, Timbab, myself and others are syaing here.
shows that times have changed as work is done

Quote:

There is a history. That's all that needs to be said. If you don't know about the removal/restructuring of class representatives were and how that went down, then you don't know what we're talking about.

If you don't know who Megatron is, then you don't know what we are talking about.

The list goes on.
a lesson would be nice but is likely unnecessary, I don't (obviously, as i wasn't there)
see what this has to do with this thread

Quote:

Look back to that thread about the Zero Tolerance to the first post I made. It talks about how people were worried that the emu would turn into an emulator like every other emulator where the boys and their friends were treated differently.

Those fears were and are real.
I read your post, i don't see evidence of those fears. If i have been blind please point them out.

Quote:

I like Kyle a lot btw. If you are a crafter, you better show some love for him, because you would still be dreaming about it if it weren't for him. But posting a quote from him in bold to show Trop's point isn't 'suspicious' its to draw attention to it.
I am a crafter, and i very happy with the amount of progress done on all aspects of crafting

Quote:

cRush ellobrated on stirct guidelines latter in that thread and that because of Ashur's eariler work with finding some very diminshing bugs (my words, as I know Ashur DID test and find bugs) that his recent actions should be weighed in light of his previous assistance to the project.
i found that as well. it was very enlightening as to what they meant but no one likes abuse of bugs which is where the ban comes in. Reporting these exploits and methods discreetly improves the emulator and so long as the reporter doesnt mess with the exploit again everything is fine.

Quote:

Trop said:"Every time you (Max) come on the forums with something promising, someone else comes along, and ruins the entire thing, and makes you come off as a liar, which I know you are not. Most of the members on the forums are completely oblivious to the fact that this thread is actually older than the one that is already locked."
I am well aware this thread is older and mentioned so in my post

Quote:

That's his point. Max has played damage control before in some of the above listed instances I stated. Unless you were here then, you don't know what he is talking about which proves Trop's other point:

"No offense to any members on these forums, but the majority of them are mindless drones that are being used to test a 4 year in the making make-shift Alpha server."
Quote:

make-shift: A temporary or expedient substitute for something else.
the Nova Test Center may be temporary but this doesn't seem like a temporary project

The idea of a TEST-center is to mindless test, replicate, and report on, bugs isn't it? that's what most people use 'em for

Quote:

That's all.
Good day

shilo 10-29-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faceman7381 (Post 449880)
If you don't have a join date of 2006 or 2007, you don't know what most of us are talking about.

I invite anyone about to flame me to go back to my posts and look at some of them.
I have offered and have aided TONS of noobs on this forum and in game even when they were being flamed all over the place for saying dumb stuff and asking 'age old questions'.

Now, if you are from the above mentioned era and know of the old boards where if had even ASKED about jedi on there, you'd get the ban stick thumped on your head then you know what Trop, Timbab, myself and others are syaing here.

There is a history. That's all that needs to be said. If you don't know about the removal/restructuring of class representatives were and how that went down, then you don't know what we're talking about.

If you don't know who Megatron is, then you don't know what we are talking about.

You know, I have been following the emu for a very long time. My post count may not reflect it, but I have been following it ever since I first saw those videos of the character with the bent and crooked body on Corellia from 2006.

Since than I followed the development. However, in the early days I did not post much. The culture of the early project days was like that of a school yard.

This project is night and day compared to what it was in the beginning. The boards were like the wild wild west. The hostilities and flames were enough to turn me off from getting into the process. I just patiently waited, every few months I would check in and see how the progress was doing.

I remember the very first stress test, I was pissed that I could not make it because of a prior RL engagement. However, I did not miss many after that.

I remember before the glorious creation of the LPE, having to read pages of computer mumbo-jumbo and having to jump hoops, to actually log onto the server.

I remember Anchorhead, and the rows of trainers, and blue frogs. And a big empty planet with nothing much other than a few dewbacks and squills.

Basically what I am trying to get at, is that I really have no clue about who Megatron is, (save for some google research...I now know, that he was a divisive person, who's actions fractured the community) or any of the old-board drama. I knew it was there, i avoided it like the plague. And I can see the difference. Todays project is much more professional, and actually seems to have a direction.

Good on ya's!!

Emokho 10-30-2009 11:52 AM

Yes actualy, I still have the "shortcut to EMU" icon on my desktop that's no longer applicable because I did log in before there was combat or professions and the /set title command was the new toy to play with. It looked good but a long way off, I made a post or five then lost my login information when I stopped visiting because of alot of RL stuff happening. I had to make a new login because I didn't remember the old one from years ago sometime in the winter of 06-07.

qrst675 11-16-2009 08:33 PM

thans ,for my site zumfoot
 
thanks,for you ,the are very good. ugg boots saleBailey Button Ugg Boots, Classic Short Ugg Boots, Classic Tall Ugg Boots, Argyle Knit Ugg Boots.

atreyu 12-01-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 436698)
We are also investigating turning off the Speed-hacking detection software (rubber banding). This post will be edited with an update on that when a decision is reached.

May I ask, has this progressed any further?

Ruledo 12-27-2009 08:16 AM

Boo.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright © 2004-2010, SWGEmu.