SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   [NOVA] 9/28 Offline (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=31191)

qui-gon-rui 09-27-2009 08:39 PM

I got it thanks.....................

Spectre33 09-27-2009 08:40 PM

/golfclap

Scape 09-27-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birk (Post 421752)
well that is not what i was saying, i was saying that if this game don't go live soon then people will lose intress when kotor come out

People who have not played SWG since 2004 are coming to emu in droves. SWTOR will be amazing but it will never be pre-cu that is open to all.

marauder144 09-27-2009 08:45 PM

Yeah, this has been discussed before. Comparing TOR and SWGEmu is like comparing apples to oranges.

Spectre33 09-27-2009 08:49 PM

keeping a bit off topic... SWTOR is more like a single player game online and will never have the community feel you get with SWGemu.

EB64 09-27-2009 08:53 PM

Ah well.
I was going to play a bit before bedtime, but that's ok. It's bound to happen on a test server.

As for TOR...
I am looking forward to it, but not as much as when SWGemu finishes!
Have had the itch to play the classic SWG since I quit shortly after the CU went through, so finding out about this project was awesome!

I plan to regularly donate what I can afford once my finances get back in order.

Dafole 09-27-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre33 (Post 421786)
keeping a bit off topic... SWTOR is more like a single player game online and will never have the community feel you get with SWGemu.

That saying SWtor will be more single player i cant agree with just yet we dont know how the high end stuff will work. But for community im fairly certain you are right cause SWG already have a strong community base and allot of em are coming here and we are used to communicate as we can see here. Our boards here are certainly more active then say Linage II's forum that have a way bigger player base.

RaNaRo154 09-27-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marauder144 (Post 421782)
Comparing TOR and SWGEmu is like comparing apples to oranges.

They're both awesome! Lol. But back on topic, thanks for the update Ekaika!

Karnaj 09-27-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dafole (Post 421796)
That saying SWtor will be more single player i cant agree with just yet we dont know how the high end stuff will work. But for community im fairly certain you are right cause SWG already have a strong community base and allot of em are coming here and we are used to communicate as we can see here. Our boards here are certainly more active then say Linage II's forum that have a way bigger player base.

Not to mention, overall the maturity of this community is lightyears (pardon the pun) ahead of TORs forums too.

club4542001 09-27-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birk (Post 421752)
well that is not what i was saying, i was saying that if this game don't go live soon then people will lose intress when kotor come out

haha the ppl that have waited for years for this will not lose interest in teh least bit bud. yeah the ppl that came in that have never played pre-cu will prolly but hey more power to ya lol kotor is going to be nothing but a star wars backdrop of WOW

WyethBrom 09-27-2009 09:06 PM

TOR looks like it will be visually awesome... but it has classes.. Star Wars brought me to SWG but the complete "ownership" of your character and world was what made it a game next to which every mmo since has seemed flat to me.

oh and hey

Is the server down?

ocara_debrew 09-27-2009 09:07 PM

Hahaha, sometimes, I think the greatest thing that comes from this site is the /facepalm responds.

*edit*
Quote:

Originally Posted by WyethBrom (Post 421806)
Is the server down?

/facepalm

Karnaj 09-27-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyethBrom (Post 421806)
TOR looks like it will be visually awesome... but it has classes.. Star Wars brought me to SWG but the complete "ownership" of your character and world was what made it a game next to which every mmo since has seemed flat to me.

oh and hey

Is the server down?

Technically no.

Biophilia 09-27-2009 09:15 PM

the industry has moved on. Tor will definitely not be like precu. It may have some precu elements but apples and oranges both have stems.

Teg 09-27-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biophilia (Post 421811)
apples and oranges both have stems.

:eek: Mutant oranges! :eek:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.