SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   [NOVA] 9/28 Offline (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=31191)

Ekaika 09-27-2009 07:04 PM

[NOVA] 9/28 Offline
 
For 12 minutes, NOVA has been deadlocked.

There is no ETA.

Decebal 09-27-2009 07:14 PM

Does a deadlock require a manual reset of the server? And is there a 'usual' time until it gets resolved or it just varies? :p

feroxfire 09-27-2009 07:17 PM

Damn, and I just got really interested in the project again :( i wanted to play now!!
whatever, i can wait...i have for years :)

xomm 09-27-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feroxfire (Post 421685)
Damn, and I just got really interested in the project again :( i wanted to play now!!
whatever, i can wait...i have for years :)

haha ditto....

MyersCod 09-27-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decebal (Post 421684)
Does a deadlock require a manual reset of the server? And is there a 'usual' time until it gets resolved or it just varies? :p

Most likely..

I think the servers are in europe too, so as it's early morning here (1:40am GMT) i doubt they'll be resetting the server till the morning.

zabrakwith 09-27-2009 07:36 PM

Just asking an honest question here..so when the emu finally goes live and things like this happen, are we going to have to wait until morning for someone to manually reset the server? I think it's a legitimate question since I plan on donating every month.

corbaer 09-27-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decebal (Post 421684)
Does a deadlock require a manual reset of the server? And is there a 'usual' time until it gets resolved or it just varies? :p

When the staff that have the privileges and experience to pull the logs from the deadlocked server, diagnose the problem, enact a solution (or workaround), and get things up and running again can do so, it will come back up.

They are both in Europe. When they get the opportunity hinges on many things, such as sleep, life, work, study, mood... etc.

loftkilla 09-27-2009 07:39 PM

Just my luck, the server goes down for the day on my birthday :(

Rodd 09-27-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaika (Post 421672)
For 12 minutes, NOVA has been deadlocked.

There is no ETA.

THanks for the update!! Looking forward to the next one, we appriciate you keeping us in the loop <3

Ekaika 09-27-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabrakwith (Post 421704)
Just asking an honest question here..so when the emu finally goes live and things like this happen, are we going to have to wait until morning for someone to manually reset the server? I think it's a legitimate question since I plan on donating every month.

No. A live server won't have these problems. This is development, much different. We won't release until we're fiarly comfortable that the codebase is ready.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loftkilla (Post 421710)
Just my luck, the server goes down for the day on my birthday :(

Not necessarily down for the night.. =)

Biophilia 09-27-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaika (Post 421714)
Not necessarily down for the night.. =)

you mean longer?!!! /wrists

:P

zabrakwith 09-27-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaika (Post 421714)
No. A live server won't have these problems. This is development, much different. We won't release until we're fiarly comfortable that the codebase is ready.
Not necessarily down for the night.. =)

Thanks for the reply. I can understand the crashes and such because I know it's a test server. I was mainly just talking about the need to restart the server.

Just curious..is it the codebase that causes the deadlock or is it a breakdown in communication between the equipment?

Decebal 09-27-2009 07:54 PM

Thanks for the announcement and answers.

Chayn 09-27-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodd (Post 421712)
THanks for the update!! Looking forward to the next one, we appriciate you keeping us in the loop <3

Next update or next deadlock??? 0_o ;)

Rodd 09-27-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chayn (Post 421726)
Next update or next deadlock??? 0_o ;)

Well not the deadlock considering I dont have much time to play and this was it :lightsaber:

marauder144 09-27-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabrakwith (Post 421723)
Thanks for the reply. I can understand the crashes and such because I know it's a test server. I was mainly just talking about the need to restart the server.

Just curious..is it the codebase that causes the deadlock or is it a breakdown in communication between the equipment?

A deadlock is when "Process A" waits for "Process B" to finish, but "Process B" is waiting for "Process A" to finish. Neither can work without the other.

Basically, a communication problem.

birk 09-27-2009 08:19 PM

i am starting to think that this game will be finish after kotor come out and i think that will heart the emu i just wished there was an eta on this emu

Ekaika 09-27-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabrakwith (Post 421723)
Thanks for the reply. I can understand the crashes and such because I know it's a test server. I was mainly just talking about the need to restart the server.

Just curious..is it the codebase that causes the deadlock or is it a breakdown in communication between the equipment?

Click the link in my OP. It's strictly software.

marauder144 09-27-2009 08:22 PM

D'oh, well I answered.

birk 09-27-2009 08:23 PM

well that is not what i was saying, i was saying that if this game don't go live soon then people will lose intress when kotor come out

opoke 09-27-2009 08:23 PM

If memory serves, they talked about a different setup with the TC:SC server when it gets started. I think it was to be state-side. Don't mean to start a rumor if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember reading way back when...

qui-gon-rui 09-27-2009 08:27 PM

I am trying to connect to TC NOVA but i can t, is the server down?????

EndrWign 09-27-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qui-gon-rui (Post 421758)
I am trying to connect to TC NOVA but i can t, is the server down?????

/facepalm

In all seriousness and without trying to sound snarky, but:

Did you actually read Ekaika's post?!

yellek 09-27-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qui-gon-rui (Post 421758)
I am trying to connect to TC NOVA but i can t, is the server down?????

Well did you read the first post???

Ugh Endr beat me : (

qui-gon-rui 09-27-2009 08:31 PM

I am a noob, i dont know what it means deadlock, what is it????????''

EndrWign 09-27-2009 08:32 PM

Again, read the post. You will notice that the word "deadlocked" is underlined. On most websites, this indicates that the text is also a hyperlink. Clicking this hyperlink will provide the answer to your question.

Edit: and for what it's worth, only one question mark is really needed.

Labyrinth 09-27-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qui-gon-rui (Post 421761)
I am a noob, i dont know what it means deadlock, what is it????????''

OP. Read it, please.

marauder144 09-27-2009 08:33 PM

/facepalm

*directs qui-gon-rui to first post

Being a noob doesn't mean you can't read.

EDIT: My freaking sig slowed me down.....two people beat me to it...curses.... :(

Ekaika 09-27-2009 08:35 PM

Sorry to have to do this, but LOLOLOL

<3

EndrWign 09-27-2009 08:37 PM

I almost think that someone is just bored because of the deadlocked server and is going around feigning ignorance just to stir things up a bit. Trolls FTW.

qui-gon-rui 09-27-2009 08:39 PM

I got it thanks.....................

Spectre33 09-27-2009 08:40 PM

/golfclap

Scape 09-27-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birk (Post 421752)
well that is not what i was saying, i was saying that if this game don't go live soon then people will lose intress when kotor come out

People who have not played SWG since 2004 are coming to emu in droves. SWTOR will be amazing but it will never be pre-cu that is open to all.

marauder144 09-27-2009 08:45 PM

Yeah, this has been discussed before. Comparing TOR and SWGEmu is like comparing apples to oranges.

Spectre33 09-27-2009 08:49 PM

keeping a bit off topic... SWTOR is more like a single player game online and will never have the community feel you get with SWGemu.

EB64 09-27-2009 08:53 PM

Ah well.
I was going to play a bit before bedtime, but that's ok. It's bound to happen on a test server.

As for TOR...
I am looking forward to it, but not as much as when SWGemu finishes!
Have had the itch to play the classic SWG since I quit shortly after the CU went through, so finding out about this project was awesome!

I plan to regularly donate what I can afford once my finances get back in order.

Dafole 09-27-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre33 (Post 421786)
keeping a bit off topic... SWTOR is more like a single player game online and will never have the community feel you get with SWGemu.

That saying SWtor will be more single player i cant agree with just yet we dont know how the high end stuff will work. But for community im fairly certain you are right cause SWG already have a strong community base and allot of em are coming here and we are used to communicate as we can see here. Our boards here are certainly more active then say Linage II's forum that have a way bigger player base.

RaNaRo154 09-27-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marauder144 (Post 421782)
Comparing TOR and SWGEmu is like comparing apples to oranges.

They're both awesome! Lol. But back on topic, thanks for the update Ekaika!

Karnaj 09-27-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dafole (Post 421796)
That saying SWtor will be more single player i cant agree with just yet we dont know how the high end stuff will work. But for community im fairly certain you are right cause SWG already have a strong community base and allot of em are coming here and we are used to communicate as we can see here. Our boards here are certainly more active then say Linage II's forum that have a way bigger player base.

Not to mention, overall the maturity of this community is lightyears (pardon the pun) ahead of TORs forums too.

club4542001 09-27-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birk (Post 421752)
well that is not what i was saying, i was saying that if this game don't go live soon then people will lose intress when kotor come out

haha the ppl that have waited for years for this will not lose interest in teh least bit bud. yeah the ppl that came in that have never played pre-cu will prolly but hey more power to ya lol kotor is going to be nothing but a star wars backdrop of WOW


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.