SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Downtime September 13th - 14th (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=29802)

PhantomLeader 09-14-2009 11:53 PM

Downtime September 13th - 14th
 
Hi guys.
As I'm sure you all have noticed, we've had a significant amount of downtime the past couple days. While most of us were excited about the new stuff flowing onto the TC, someone thought it would be funny to try to throw a wrench in our plans. For the past day and a half, we've been under a major DoS attack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack), making the web and database server inaccessible. This caused the TC to go down as well, as it couldn't connect to the database.

I'd like to point out that no data was stolen nor lost; the only thing the attack accomplished was to keep us from using the servers.

We believe the issue to be fixed, though the webserver may go down periodically over the next couple days as we work on ways to increase security.

Thank you for your patience.

Rivendal 09-14-2009 11:55 PM

This explains a lot, I was wondering why I couldn't access the forums to feed my nerdy quest for knowledge on all things SWGemu related

Leodextrin 09-14-2009 11:55 PM

Bastards!!!

How low must you sink...

Bandar 09-14-2009 11:57 PM

appreciate the responce, and also hope yall get everything fixed and worked out!!!

Eagle 09-15-2009 12:02 AM

Keep up the good work.

Ekaika 09-15-2009 12:08 AM

You'd think we're all here for the same reason, a positive reason, something we all began this as united behind. Yet some people find it paramount to their ego's to stop at nothing to derail us from our goals.

People baffle me.

ashley66444 09-15-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaika (Post 410825)
you'd think we're all here for the same reason, a positive reason, something we all began this as united behind. Yet some people find it paramount to their ego's to stop at nothing to derail us from our goals.

People baffle me.

qfe

Biophilia 09-15-2009 12:11 AM

sounds like they may have identified possible security issues. Thanks for bug testing?

Bandar 09-15-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaika (Post 410825)
You'd think we're all here for the same reason, a positive reason, something we all began this as united behind. Yet some people find it paramount to their ego's to stop at nothing to derail us from our goals.

People baffle me.

I Agree! but you know how some people can be.. more than likely its someone who doesnt want to see the emu completed (SWGemu haters -aKa- people who still support the NGE...etc.) Either that or just someone trying to be funny.

-Devil- 09-15-2009 12:13 AM

bet there was someone at SoE's HQ giggling while starting the DoS attack.

Labyrinth 09-15-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaika (Post 410825)
You'd think we're all here for the same reason, a positive reason, something we all began this as united behind. Yet some people find it paramount to their ego's to stop at nothing to derail us from our goals.

People baffle me.

I guess every positive has a negative. :|


Good luck with the security guys. As others have said, keep up the good work.

PhantomLeader 09-15-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biophilia (Post 410830)
sounds like they may have identified possible security issues. Thanks for bug testing?

Yea... not on the webserver please. We'd rather you contact us if you believe there's a security issue.

Quote:

bet there was someone at SoE's HQ giggling while starting the DoS attack.
While I'm sure SOE is not thrilled with our progress, I highly doubt they'd risk legal action by encouraging such acts.

Tobel 09-15-2009 12:21 AM

Thanks for the info.

*goes back to hitting login repeatedly*

It's like launch day...

SethonC. 09-15-2009 12:23 AM

lol why would someone DOS Emu?

Dame 09-15-2009 12:23 AM

thanks for being ever-vigilant phantm and co.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.