SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Developer Chat Logs (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Rubber Banding / Speed Hacking - A Special (Unplanned) DevChat - 10/14/09 2am EST (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33088)

busboybud 12-05-2009 04:01 PM

Yeah I am aware of the staff shortage over the next month :( a break they well deserve though. I'll just sit in my cave and prey for a server crash haha.

I suppose my main concern is over the past few months the project has gained a great amount of momentum and publicity... I would hate to see a common problem like the rubber band box discourage incoming players.

Labyrinth 12-05-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busboybud (Post 477489)
Yeah I am aware of the staff shortage over the next month :( a break they well deserve though. I'll just sit in my cave and prey for a server crash haha.

I suppose my main concern is over the past few months the project has gained a great amount of momentum and publicity... I would hate to see a common problem like the rubber band box discourage incoming players.

Heh, yeah. :p

I wouldn't worry too much about new players, considering that there are so many potentially waiting for news of completion (or close to it). The problem seems to be more with a misconception that the server is a perfectly stable environment right now, than the server's problem's themselves. I'm not trying to blame anyone, but people should probably be warning their friends about what they're going to encounter.

Pred 12-06-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busboybud (Post 477489)

I haven't logged on because of the rubberbanding issue. None the less the devs are doing a great job. I just hoped the next time i login I dont run into the same issue.

Chayn 12-08-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred (Post 478091)
I haven't logged on because of the rubberbanding issue. None the less the devs are doing a great job. I just hoped the next time i login I dont run into the same issue.

Yeah, I noticed cept on sat/sun we're not even reaching login cap... like now, unless the cap really fluxuates... but there hasnt been any "server full" whining for awhile anyway..

I hope they enjoy a little time away... they deserve it.. :)

swisoi 12-13-2009 10:49 PM

Yea, this his hit me so hard. Im looking at rubberbanding about 80% of the time I play. If I want to travel some where it takes me about 5 min to crawl from the ticket terminal to the droid.

swisoi 12-13-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swisoi (Post 482740)
Yea, this his hit me so hard. Im looking at rubberbanding about 80% of the time I play. If I want to travel some where it takes me about 5 min to crawl from the ticket terminal to the droid.

CORRECTION: 10 min to crawl from terminal to droid.