SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Bi-Weekly Updates (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Bi-Weekly Update for 2/14/09 (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=19685)

Valmin 02-15-2009 09:19 PM

Wonderful. Just Wonderful. Cant wait for the next one!

Appreciate the Talus love :)

metalhomicide 02-15-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattwo (Post 305853)
so is suncrusher just about ready then? or do we still have to wait? also sorry you have to leave the team, I hope development doesn't go slower..

It is safe to assume there will still be a while before SunCrusher is ready to go. Think of it as how Max said it, "The Developers have the goal of fixing existing issues and implementing all the needed systems for a playable galaxy."

With the progress that has been made within each month, it is amazing how fast things will come. Just be patient and good things will come in time! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by apowerr (Post 305864)
Whats up with Suncrusher forums? Is it going to be a completely separate forum from the swgemu ones or just like a subcategory?

From what I understand, it will be a completely different forum that only pertains to the SunCrusher server and not SWGEmu itself. There, questions such as "Will you guys implement y in way z?" will be more welcome than asking here or in the Devchats, heh. :p

Also, did Aremathiea leave for personal reasons? I don't remember seeing anything about him leaving before, and it makes me sad to hear that he's gone. :( Arem is awesome.

Davickk 02-15-2009 11:10 PM

wewt g0 guiz!

goldcrud 02-16-2009 12:32 AM

Awesome update as usual you guys keep up the hard work. Also I'm sad to hear about all those people on the staff leaving I wish them best of luck in whatever they are doing there hard work has helped the emu become what it is.

mujadaddy 02-16-2009 11:44 AM

Wow, I didn't see this this weekend.

GREAT SHAKES! All, fantastic work! Thanks for the updates!

praxi34 02-16-2009 01:25 PM

Great update once again. Also a great way to end the post, very touching indeed.

/Hail SWGEmu

Kateb Ibliss 02-17-2009 11:16 AM

Great update guys!

Keep up the amazing work.

baisch 02-17-2009 12:47 PM

thank you for the updates. I always enjoy them. My thoughts and prayers go out to the familys effected by this Fire....

Mivias 02-17-2009 12:57 PM

Shouldn't it be bi-monthly? :)

Love all of you, keep up the good work.

StormZ 02-17-2009 08:24 PM

Awesome update. Keep it up guys!

Vlock 02-18-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Here, a huge event stands poised with hundreds of players ready and waiting for the word go, to be met by a complete server crash. Chance has it that Oru and TA are asleep, and the server remains down through the night. Hours of preparation and anticipation are simply washed away.
And yet, the community is more active and involved than any other day this year.
What does this say?
What is it about disaster that makes people connect?
Why are your best friends forged through your hardest journeys?

I can't answer that, but I can use it. Perhaps running away from a disaster is the worst thing to do. Perhaps fleeing at the first sign of trouble will only make you weaker.
Good luck makes a person feel good about themselves. Bad lack makes people feel good about each other.

This is just a purely awesome quote.

I think people here have been forged as a result of the downfall of SWG. SOE did not realize that by changing a simple video game so drastically, that they would one day soon afterwards forge a community so tightly wound togather that nothing and no one would stop the community from thriving to achieve the one ultimate goal. They didnt ever think that one day they would create a monster (our community) which would one day rival a huge company such as themselves. They never took the time to think about the actions they took. And they will soon realize that the legal rights to SWG (pre cu) belonged to them, but they were nothing without the people who loved the game. They will soon discover that they cannot do as they please without consideration for the people who give them their paychecks. SWGEmu will indeed rival SOE for the right to the star wars universe known as SWG, in my honest opinion.

I believe that SWGEmu will be stronger than even the original SWG ever was. What is happening here is epic, and amazing. Rebuilding a game, and a community from ashes. And when suncrusher goes online, i think that the biggest problem will be the server cap. People will be fighting for their place in that galaxy.

Thanks for all the hard work SWGEmu team, I look forward to the future of the project, now, more than ever, with the greatest anticipation.

Maswill 02-18-2009 09:45 AM

Very good update, and a very nice conclusion. Thankyou!

Triggadex 02-18-2009 09:09 PM

Oh thank you for the love hearts :emperor:

Z Ray 02-18-2009 09:40 PM

lolinvisiblecsrs

Tothix 02-19-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mivias (Post 306566)
Shouldn't it be bi-monthly? :)

Love all of you, keep up the good work.

From what I understand, updates come 2 times per month.