SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   What we learned. (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=3203)

thama 04-15-2007 08:21 PM

Well the next time will be bether :D

Balthz 04-15-2007 08:22 PM

its all good dood, i called into work sick for this test and for it not to work im a bit disapointed i think thats understandable but i totaly understand and im fine with it dont worry dood. get some sleep and start fresh tomarrow everyone needs a break sometimes.

just keep on trucking and ignore the ignorant ppl that are being rude tell them they can make their own emu if they cant deal with it

Yazaa 04-15-2007 08:22 PM

well, i can't say that i understand since i haven't gone through what you awesome devs have, staying up all night trying to fix what went bad... thats priceless.

I would dream to be able to stand infront of 500 people and have great news and say that the core3 was a success, but today was just another step towards a goal that one day will happend.

You guys did great!
Now, get a well deserved sleep.

You guys deserve it.

arokace 04-15-2007 08:22 PM

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting into this.

El vado 04-15-2007 08:23 PM

Good try anyway, like the old saying "better to have tryed an fail than not have tryed at all"
im not saying you guys fail:)

Belco 04-15-2007 08:24 PM

/tiphat dev team :)

pooga 04-15-2007 08:24 PM

The test was obviously a faliure, what they were trying to do didn't go through. But one step back, can lead to two steps forward.

Mike Walsh 04-15-2007 08:24 PM

Guys don't fret!!

Ramsey just posted an update in irc, make sure you sit down; :)

<Ramsey> Freebsd is having trouble with core3 still, but I think I've figured it out
<Ramsey> no idea when the **** I'll have an eta, but it may very well mean the test is back on, more information shortly I guess

Legoklas 04-15-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Walsh (Post 53949)
Guys don't fret!!

Ramsey just posted an update in irc, make sure you sit down; :)

<Ramsey> Freebsd is having trouble with core3 still, but I think I've figured it out
<Ramsey> no idea when the **** I'll have an eta, but it may very well mean the test is back on, more information shortly I guess

have you read this thread?

Pake 04-15-2007 08:26 PM

We all know you guys are working hard to make a quality product and I for one wouldn't have it any way, even if I have to wait another year to play it. Thanks for the work, you guys can't be complemented enough.

Ekaika 04-15-2007 08:29 PM

/support

Don't listen to those greedy impatient little ****s. You can only do what you can do.

Xizor 04-15-2007 08:29 PM

You guys have done alot of work and Im sure I speak for all of us when I say that I love you!! Haha. No need for appologies for this not turning out so well, you guys have done alot of hard work and are bringing back the dream of the REAL SWG again. Thx again!

nostyleguy 04-15-2007 08:30 PM

Another fine example of the proffessionalism demonstrated by this team. Gotta say i'd rather be dissapointed for 1 night at this stage in development, than be dissapointed eternally down the road when the short-cuts would surface.

Dvol 04-15-2007 08:31 PM

Well Ramsey **** happens things dont allways go as planned..Thing is i think people are forgetting what Stress Test means..So it broke oh well..Im sure you guys will figure it out..Till then thanks for the update.

Sap 04-15-2007 08:32 PM

Even though the test didn't go as expected at least you pushed yourselves. If things always work out perfectly it just means your not pushing the limits and yourself hard enough. Looking forward to the top 10 and the next stress test.

Cheers

OmaddaSzool 04-15-2007 08:33 PM

Hey, we are just here to help when we can.
I know that the test is more for you guys and for behind-the-scenes than anything else, so... it makes no difference if we got to play or not.
This is all about the big picture.

Anyway, I know what it is like to be responsible for artistic creations and such and I know what it is like to mash your brains working to make deadlines.
It's tiring work to put yourself out on the line and try and come through for everyone and you guys should know that it is totally appreciated!

We'll be here to test and help whenever we can.

May the force be with you.

Valaidiar 04-15-2007 08:35 PM

There is a saying in the corporate world. Today, we are one day closer to our goals than we were yesterday(ambiguous ETA speech) So, here's to another day closer to glory fellas!

TheOldOrder 04-15-2007 08:37 PM

About the Appology

Heck just the fact that you guys can tell to us something like this "Yeah so things didnt go as we planed its our fault, sorry everyone. Were gonna plan for something better in a week or something."
If you can do that its far beyond the expectations of 95% of your peeps, its just that 5% that always make sure to try and take some anger out.

I think we can all say that we appreciate what your doing and that you dont act like SOE and blame us for such and such problems that are occuring. Im also pretty sure that after a while people will have a turnaround and see that this was actually some quite useful information gathered.

Komenu 04-15-2007 08:37 PM

take your time guys, its worth the wait

Kom

DeCastro 04-15-2007 08:44 PM

It's all good.

wellic 04-15-2007 08:48 PM

/bow2;

as long as the the dev team is willing, the community is on call.

Nurdbot 04-15-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komenu (Post 53976)
take your time guys, its worth the wait

Kom

QFE.

Ignore the whingy 14 year old ****es who were ragging you. They can go back to WoW for all we care.

Keep up the good honest and professional work dev team.

thelkyyra 04-15-2007 09:07 PM

Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this. And always Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Komenu 04-15-2007 09:09 PM

lol, I dont even let my friends say the "W" word around me anymore. If they want to refer to wow they have to call it wog, world of gay. I know, Im creative. It was kind of a bummer that we didnt get to test anything out tonight, but honestly, seeying how excited I was, the night of launch is something to look forward to, as I was basically pissing myself over a test of the defence of anchorhead haha.

Kom

AdohoS 04-15-2007 09:31 PM

You guys did well, keep doing what you guys do best. ;)

@that godwarrior guy that said the devs suck right after Ramsey announced the canning of the test: I hope you somehow get a ban hard coded into the emu for you. Asshat...

FrozenBacon 04-15-2007 09:33 PM

Well, hey that is the point of a stress test. Not all stress tests go smoothly. I figured it was going to be delayed or cancelled because of how long it was taking. Well, keep on working guys. Everyone apprecaties your work.

Akelei 04-15-2007 09:37 PM

lol

akitto 04-15-2007 09:38 PM

Goodjob

Dont worry if this stress test failed, we arent your judge and jury we just patient fans of SWG when it was worth playing. The long wait for the precu will be worth it , specially if you guys take the time (wich you are and I am grateful)
to do it right.

So far from what you guys had to work with you are all doing a remarkable job. I am shocked at the progress you have made. For the most part PVP is going off without a hitch.

Good job guys and keep up the good work! If you see me on the CoreIII TC give me a shout!

-Akitto-

Lincspears 04-15-2007 09:38 PM

even testing the core 3 i was calling all my friends and just blabbing on and on about it, what you guys "dev team" are doing is AMAZING!!!! keep it up, even if there are bumps in the road ITS WELL WORTH IT...and from another greatful fan THANK YOU!!!

Futuramaman 04-15-2007 09:39 PM

No problems Ramsey, anything that was ever worth doing took lots of time.

sid_lowca 04-15-2007 09:39 PM

Hey, we're all here for the same reason, and we know you guys are working towards it.
Stress-testing has proven its self useful today.

Abbie 04-15-2007 09:45 PM

Well, even though today didn't go as planned. You guys have done/are doing a great job. You can't be successful without a few bumps in the road. ;)

mcnutface 04-15-2007 09:50 PM

Its understandable, have a nice long sleep.

Volgin 04-15-2007 09:55 PM

It's all good devs.. We really appreciate everything you have done.. You guys are really working your asses off, and the community can't thank you enough. I'm anxiously awaiting the next big test. Take a break guys, you deserve it.

Bilmi 04-15-2007 10:16 PM

do not give up, we need you.

Canabe 04-15-2007 10:21 PM

Thank you for doing it right the first time through development. Keep up the good work!

chesapeakechubs 04-15-2007 10:26 PM

No need for apologies. You are doing the best you can to revive a game that was brutally murdered, and you are doing an amazing job thus far. If people cannot understand that this stuff isn't a magic wand kind of creation, thats their tough cookies.

Just know that the heart of this community understands that this undertaking is no easy feat, and we would much rather have a working game we can all get back to loving, than a broken half rotting corpse.

If people want a quick fix, they should go back to SOE to be driven insane. I will however stay patient, and be happy that someone is doing it right this time.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work.

Jongo 04-15-2007 10:47 PM

Get some well-deserved rest. At least we are moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work!

Rezec 04-15-2007 10:52 PM

I didnt make it to the stress test tonight, but I have followed up with the Emu for a good long time now. I am very impressed with what you guys have done here. The original game had twice more devs that what you guys are working with and so far the code is doing better. I rather wait for a good outcome than a broken game like SOE makes. We all have to admit that no matter how much we loved PreCU it still had its problems, but it doesnt have not as long as we have the patience to wait and to help support these guys and their work. SWGEMU will get the job done, Thank You.

Murf 04-15-2007 10:56 PM

No worries. I'll do my best to be there for the next one.

Just playing the little bit I have lately has been a wonderful gift.