SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   TC Bulletin and Policy Change 10/18/09 (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=33698)

Kyle 10-19-2009 12:46 AM

If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.

Bostwain 10-19-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 440333)
If people leave, that is their loss. Recruiting people that can hack our systems is logical and necessary. And yes, this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to try and exploit / hack / crack / dupe / etc. If you can do any of these things, we have a place for you on the Exploitation Team. If you don't report it to the team, we will ban you forever, and delete your characters. Simple, easy, and for the good of the final product. This is a TC, and we need to find the exploits, can any of you complaining make a list of exploits? If the answer is yes, come join the team, if the answer is no, then realize that it's just a TC, and we want the final product to be as exploit proof as possible, and for that we need to hire the best exploiters. Ponder the logic before complaining further.

If you're serious where would you like me to contact you? Here in PMs or on IRC?

Thoop 10-19-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostwain (Post 440331)
Can you please show me where to obtain the source?

Also how do I go about joining this exploitation team? I would like to stop the exploitation going on... including what is about to start up again.

You can obtain any open source things you need from our assembla page here. As for joining the Exploitation Team, please PM an admin with an exploit and they will tell you what the next step will be.

Kyle 10-19-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostwain (Post 440335)
If you're serious where would you like me to contact you? Here in PMs or on IRC?

Dead serious, exploiters unite for the good for the good of the project. You can contact me on IRC.

hozsnoop 10-19-2009 12:58 AM

Do you have a different server to test exploits on like sql injection that might damage or crash it.

Kyle 10-19-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozsnoop (Post 440340)
Do you have a different server to test exploits on like sql injection that might damage or crash it.

Of course we do.

Leodextrin 10-19-2009 01:01 AM

/emote grabs popcorn and intently watches

let whatever happens, happen.

mijom 10-19-2009 01:02 AM

Is this Exploitation Team, Official staff position inside the QA? or more like the Support "helpers", unofficial volunteer position.

SomeoneImportant 10-19-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozsnoop (Post 440298)

So much for zero-tolerance. :|

Wolverine79 10-19-2009 01:19 AM

Complaining. Its a joke right. Seem there is a deep rooted corruption in this project. This whole project has really turned downhill. Some of the staff I think are really great. While others seem to be pure corrupt and abuse their power and letting friends do whatever they like.

Instead of covering up your corruption you just making open now. Letting hackers/exploiters to whatever they like because they are friends of staff. Ashur and storm got caught and others but now this a way to throw it back at the community that tried to stop it and hoping it would be fair but instead got just got attacked by the staff and now letting the same ones just hack/exploit and grief all they want. That staff member sit and chat with them about it knowing they were exploiting and hacking but was over looked because Ashur and crew is buddy with crush and kyle and other devs/staff.

They knew of the exploits and ran there hacks and was ok till the community started reporting it. This is how you deal with it. Just make it open now for them to cont. because they are friends of yours.

I and other have really have lost faith in this project. Trying to test and enjoy a fair and balanced for us all when letting others do what they want. When we try to report them we get threaten to mind our own business or be prema banned for it because it. I guess now no worries of that because your making so they can do as they like.

Btw you say no one exploited/hacked to jedi is bs man. You know he did and other but go ahead and try to cover it up. People aren't stupid as you think man. So if you wanna talk about corrupted staff and all take a look at yourself.

People like Ashur that are friend of you guys can say and do whatever they like knowing they can get away with it but people will open thier eyes and see its not just them but staff is also behind this. People do talk and leak out what you do also. It might just come back at you.

hozsnoop 10-19-2009 01:26 AM

What kind of setup do you have for ip spoofing / SQL injection really? So if i get kyles ip address and spoof just my packets to the server. And then i use the @commands i could use them right? Or do you have a different client setup yet? That means i could use any GM online to spawn npcs and get things off of right? And also if i do this do i have direct access to the database from the chat/command line to start sql injection and create npcs / edit drop/loot tables on a active database. I mean i could cover my trails by putting it back the way it was. I would think that would cause a dead lock or even a crash if done on a active database. I'm really wondering what kind of protection you guys have. I would love to access that test database/server.

Yhor 10-19-2009 01:27 AM

Rubber bands are the future.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...berbandjpg.jpg

Coming soon to an auto dealer near you... The Rubber Band powered automobile.

Then soon to follow.. Rubber Band powered Windows servers.

The possibilities are endless!



As far as the policy goes, I can understand it. However, giving Staff positions to griefers who don't even grief fair... it is very confusing. Not as confusing as NGE, but pretty damned close.

And I could probably come up with 100 nice things to say about the nameless one, but the fact remains .... blah, like you really care.

Whatever, thanks for all the work on Emu, you rock, etc.. etc.. etc.. Hopefully the community can get past it. Congrats on restoring faith in the integrity of the community.

Kyle 10-19-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mijom (Post 440344)
Is this Exploitation Team, Official staff position inside the QA? or more like the Support "helpers", unofficial volunteer position.

It is more like an unofficial volunteer position.

roodypooh 10-19-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeoneImportant (Post 440347)
So much for zero-tolerance. :|

no see this is the exception to the rule. When your buddy buddy with acouple of the top devs and you go cry to them for being banned for legit reasons its ok cause we aren't gonna let our boy stay banned and will let him do whatever he wants without having to worry about getting banned in the future.

The person i feel bad for is Max. He did a great job with how he handled the griefing and exploiting and now caue of aushors buddies he gets off without even a slap on the wrist a nice new promotion and a grief and exploit whoever whenever cause we don't give a damn what anyone else says card.

Wolverine79 10-19-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roodypooh (Post 440362)
no see this is the exception to the rule. When your buddy buddy with acouple of the top devs and you go cry to them for being banned for legit reasons its ok cause we aren't gonna let our boy stay banned and will let him do whatever he wants without having to worry about getting banned in the future.

The person i feel bad for is Max. He did a great job with how he handled the griefing and exploiting and now caue of aushors buddies he gets off without even a slap on the wrist a nice new promotion and a grief and exploit whoever whenever cause we don't give a damn what anyone else says card.

^This!;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Contents Copyright 2004-2010, SWGEmu.