SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   [Re-Revised] TC:NOVA Wipe Proposal (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=54391)

Thurisaz 04-26-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucious (Post 587745)
Sad to say but if all is wiped without OR coming out I will leave and won't return..

Indeed, I'm not gonna like a wipe unless you guys add Gungans (or bluefrog, whatever you like to call it) and the option to unlock FS on them. I'm not gonna grind what ive got so far neither im gonna start all over the rumor process.. If a wipe with these conditions cannot be done then just wipe items and credits but please do not touch the characters and what they've achieved. I personally voted NO. Plus there's no reason to wipe if OR its not 100% ready yet.

Lamune 04-26-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamuirsx (Post 587824)
Honestly, hacks and exploits mean nothing...everything will continue to be inflated even if there was a wipe...

I vote no because even with all the stuff going on, it's still fun..besides within a month after the wipe, it will pretty much be back to this except less jedi on the server....not exactly what I'd call a good enough reason.

Naw... I'm sure those first few holocrons and ubarOMG****broken weapons to drop on the new server will sell for a completely reasonable 250k or so!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...ng/lol-061.gif

Kufu 04-26-2010 12:30 AM

Wipe everything.. but leave characters.. take away money/items/etc

freakinbox 04-26-2010 12:31 AM

I also voted no, without mention of what would be added.. I agree with the fact it sucks for the rest of us that people exploited got the fun of being at the top, while the rest of us stuck to doing it legit and all that time will be for nothing. I get that it's a TC and wipes will come but a wipe that leads to playing an almost identical game won't be all that fun.

I agree with the idea of a credit and item wipe if possible.

Rincon 04-26-2010 12:31 AM

Burn it w/ fire, delete all of Zop's duped credits, ONYX's duped holocrons, all of the Jedi they created, and all of the redonkulous weapons that people are gathering off of Sentinels with the aggro range exploit.

Than collect the tears and lol while you sell them on ebay.

giffo 04-26-2010 12:31 AM

why would the economy return to normal? there are no money sinks in the game, shuttle tickets and the occasional training costs are minimal

mobs give 500+ credits a kill, its only time until the economy is inflated again

Camigwen 04-26-2010 12:31 AM

yes, if you bring in CH !

liveitup21 04-26-2010 12:32 AM

Well I say no to the wipe. Since the game will be wiped when OR is coming out is pointless to wipe now. Might as well be patient and wait for the OR. If not I agree with the whole inventory/ credit wipe not the characters skills. Then when the OP comes out wipe everything, but before that just wipe the items and stuff. Besides I'm unarmed so wiping inventory won't really affect me :).

Bulbous 04-26-2010 12:32 AM

Wipe the inventories and the credits. Set the drop rates to normal. No full wipe.

Yhor 04-26-2010 12:33 AM

I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway). Between selling creds, selling characters, kiddie scripts, dupes, hacks, and the lot of assorted other exploits... I think a wipe would be beneficial. It would get the economy back where it should be, and it would penalize those who exploit hardest (with a side effect of bumping decent people back down as well, but it happens that way sometimes).

If there are parts of the OR that can get a jump start in testing, all the better. I don't think there's a logical reason not to wipe if there's code that can tested.

I haven't been playing a lot, though, so take my input with a grain of salt. I slowed down around here primarily because of some of the issues I already stated; I think it's plausible there are others who did the same. I played a bit this weekend and I'll say I'm not looking forward to grinding professions back up (CM/Pistoleer/Scout - Medic/Artisan/Smuggler - Dancer/Musician/junk)... I'll do so though, and be much happier about it knowing it's helping the community.

roocey 04-26-2010 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giffo (Post 587843)
why would the economy return to normal? there are no money sinks in the game, shuttle tickets and the occasional training costs are minimal

mobs give 500+ credits a kill, its only time until the economy is inflated again

That has always been a long standing 'issue' with SWG, since the very beginning.

The game itself is very susceptible to inflation. I think the point is, that without the initial duping and acquiring items via exploits, the inflation would slow down.

Twiz 04-26-2010 12:34 AM

i think a pre OR wipe would be a big mistake. no new content is coming out till the OR so wiping everything now would just lose players and tester. Honestly i think SWGemu's staff would be shooting themselves in the foot doing a pre OR full wipe

Soulreaver 04-26-2010 12:35 AM

as i have stated before if its more of a reason for good then just for the heck of it then i am all for it. but IF this wipe is just to amuse the masses i believe it to be a waste of valuable time that should be strictly for or build. the exploits and op items and other things are a problem i agree but as i said in the other thread its not an issue since non of the stuff on test atm is worth any thing. when or is being tested then i could see the idea.

that said as you stated in this thread that you will have stuff for us to focus on to test i am definitely all for that and look forward for that to take place even if its annoying stuff to test lets get it done. again if this wipe is not going to benifit the or then its a waste of time.

Sekie 04-26-2010 12:35 AM

yes please add CH or faction pets :)

mhk_zerocool 04-26-2010 12:35 AM

I vote yes if the dev's feel its necessary, I do agree to a point that if after the wipe the game is as it was then I probably will not log in again until OR, whats the point? Every error/bug i've found has already been reported and is known so aside from getting my much needed fix of this game until OR the economy problems are a moot issue since OR will reset all anyway. if the duping/hacking etc happened but has been addressed so that it cant happen now in OR then let us play on until OR.

-ace- 04-26-2010 12:35 AM

I'm confused on how a Wipe is considered a fix? So the OR is released, you still have no idea how to fix it because you just wiped when it happened the first time. Just wipe again?

Mahonra 04-26-2010 12:35 AM

BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

It's gonna be hard for people to invest the time into grinding up new characters, when they know the OR is getting very close.

So once again I say...BLUE FROGS!!!

chajomi 04-26-2010 12:36 AM

If a credit/item only wipe can be done I would rather see that. If everything has got to go for the good of the EMU then go for it.

Lamune 04-26-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yhor (Post 587848)
I'm all for it. There are ads on gaming sites for credit selling, character selling, etc... A wipe could help prevent that in the future (on TC:Nova anyway).

Yes, because bringing a bunch of people willing to buy credits back to 0 will in no way encourage continued sales and increased farming or the sales of characters pre-ground back to max level. (Something that would happen again within days.)

http://liquid.do-ob.com/dot%20eye%20...ing%20Plan.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahonra (Post 587856)
BLUE FROGS!!

The best constant pvp was back in the Blue Frog days!

If you gotta douche the server, I say give us blue frogs to entertain us until the OR!!

No need to re-grind dead and useless code?
No incentive whatsoever for character or credit sales?

THIS IS A WIN!

chiwar7178 04-26-2010 12:36 AM

Wipe it, if it will improve overall development of the project.

I would, however, like to know what possible enhancements would be added (i.e. OR pre-screening, if you will). I understand that those items are probably not nailed-down-decided-upon, yet; but, I would like to have an idea of what might be in store. I doubt there would be houses. Factories, backpacks, heavy harvestors? Please, please, and pretty please.

My two credits, overall: With all current information available to me, I vote for an inventory/credit wipe only--unless a complete wipe is required (i.e. the only kind of wipe y'all can perform).

tonkatuff 04-26-2010 12:37 AM

Its not the duping of credits or items. Its the fact that INSANE items are dropping and its caused imbalance on a TEST server. Most people here that are voting no are saying so because they dont want to lose their precious jedi or there 2k power hammer/T21. Its simply not fun when there is no overt pvp because people get 2 shotted.

It would be a lot more fun if crafters were involved as well. Crafters are pretty useless. So is pvp at all atm. I mean we are supposed to test things. Ive posted about bugs in crafting and what not. I am sure a few have done it too. The major thing being tested right now is how many people can we get to stand around Cnet.

sin-Heretic 04-26-2010 12:37 AM

Only been on two days do what ya gotta do.

gustcloak runner 04-26-2010 12:38 AM

This is marko' polo' and i vote that we do not wipe the server!!

CrackPipe2011 04-26-2010 12:39 AM

blue frogs

sherekahn 04-26-2010 12:40 AM

I don't think a wipe is bad if code testing and progress is made toward the OR. Being a web app dev IRL, I can tell you that the more you test, the better the output for the final release.

Thing is there will be people who will leave and never come back. That happens in these games all the time and should be expected.

SirJMon 04-26-2010 12:56 AM

With all the complaining about jedi and how many there are on NOVA I can't believe you're gonna leave the current unlocking system in place if at all.

Discuss.

Desantos 04-26-2010 12:57 AM

Id say altho alot of hours have been put into my toons but still its for the good of the game in the end...i say yes to the wipe , lets clear the slate and start over hopefully get a chance to try some of the new stuff..
This is a test server and we are testers so lets help with this
keep up the good work guys :)

brattyzola 04-26-2010 12:57 AM

anything to help the devs to get closer to the next phase. I am for it, afterall they made this for us in the first place. I support it.

gustcloak runner 04-26-2010 01:01 AM

when will the wipe take place so i know when to get back online

clankerdestroyer 04-26-2010 01:01 AM

I say wipe. But is it possible to bring back creature handler????

Krendal 04-26-2010 01:02 AM

I feel like I am missing something. I don't see the value add in simply wiping the server, the damage has been done. Those who know how to exploit will only do it again on this time it will take much less time since they already know how to do it. If a wipe would incorporate the removal of 90% of the bugs then I would support it, but I don't think this is possible at this time. I also will say that I find it interesting that since there have been many more recent unlocks that a thread like this would spawn on the forums. This is no diffreent than the original SOE forums when jedi starting unlocking by the dozens. The standard community was not happy with the result. If this thread is really about the credit problems and weapons problems then why didn't this happen months ago?

SirJMon 04-26-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobreeze (Post 587896)
I'm a senile old man I forgot what live was really like where are my pants

I left them at your moms house. Tell her I'll get them later.

Twiz 04-26-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desantos (Post 587881)
Id say altho alot of hours have been put into my toons but still its for the good of the game in the end...i say yes to the wipe , lets clear the slate and start over hopefully get a chance to try some of the new stuff..
This is a test server and we are testers so lets help with this
keep up the good work guys :)

honestly i dont think we are getting anything new till OR they would just be wiping it to get rid of the current inflated economy and dupers. which isnt going to last very long. which is why i think this wipe would have a negative impact on the amount of players that log in everyday

hakry 04-26-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 (Post 587893)
I would assume the ViT fanbois would be pissed they're losing their jedi.

No tbh I will miss killing other peoples Jedi and who are you?

Dritzer 04-26-2010 01:03 AM

I vote wipe too

trunck 04-26-2010 01:04 AM

wipe..kkthx

Mahonra 04-26-2010 01:04 AM

Give us BLUE FROGS and BASES!! WOOHOO!!

OMG just the thought of it makes me EXCITED!

inyri 04-26-2010 01:05 AM

Do I sense some sarcasm, Mahonra?

SirJMon 04-26-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakry (Post 587903)

No kidding. I don't even play mine. they're way to gimped to waste my time. I have much more fun playing other classes.

Mahonra 04-26-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hakry (Post 587903)

Well, I only picked up BHing for the PvP. If we had BLUE FROGS and BASES I would be STOKED! :)