SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Current Major Issue: Characters Inaccessible (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=21292)

Max 03-30-2009 03:49 AM

Current Major Issue: Characters Inaccessible

Attention all TC:Nova users.

There is a major issue relating to Characters on the Test Centre which may affect your ability to use TC:Nova.

Many people have already noticed that after they create a new character, and disconnect from this new character, all characters on their account appear to be inaccessible. Generally no errors are shown; the user is simply unable to do anything using a character, including play or delete.

For those who are thinking of making a new character; DO NOT! It will disable your ability to play on the Test Centre. CSRs and Developers have even been affected without warning.

For those who are already afflicted with this issue; rest assured that we are working to fix it. We will keep you updated in this thread.

If you have not created a new character and if your current ones are performing fine, you should be safe to continue playing as per normal.

We appologise for the inconvenience and will keep you updated.

Cheers.

djolovicl 03-30-2009 03:59 AM

I created one yesterday and he is inaccessible, but the rest work thank god.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/722...nshot0008f.jpg

sleekjag 03-30-2009 04:09 AM

yeah i created a wookie just cause they are interesting to play and i played him for a bit but had to log. I can't play him anymore or delete him but i can still play my other toon i had before though something was up.

emperoranubis 03-30-2009 09:26 AM

Same with me, I tried creating a new character last night, was loading in but then it took me back to the login screen looking like the screenshot djolovicl posted above. Fortunately, all my characters except for that single new character are still playable.

lunatec 03-30-2009 10:03 AM

be patient, they will fix it soon

Davickk 03-30-2009 11:53 AM

only 2 words for this

boop, DEAD

Hopl!tespear 03-30-2009 11:55 AM

damn just my luck, dl'd and installed all afternoon and the moment i create a char bamn :p. But i trust u guys will get it fixed.

BankyEdwards 03-30-2009 11:58 AM

why do i get a bad feeling another character database wipe will be the only way to fix it :(

Hopl!tespear 03-30-2009 12:01 PM

so these things happen from time to time (I'm new with swgEMU)? I was kinda delighted that they got this far already.

KroniK 03-30-2009 12:23 PM

Yeh things happen from time to time, its a TC so when they add in new stuff new bugs pop up that has to be worked out. They recently had a hard drive crash on them so lately the downtime has been a little more, but don't worry this team is incredibly hard working and dedicated to this emu.

Hopl!tespear 03-30-2009 12:31 PM

I'm not worrieng, have all faith in these guys. :)

blackfire93 03-30-2009 12:41 PM

yeah im new to the emu. Created a character last night, and same thing. (i noticed there is no "profiles" folder created in the directory)

Kayliaah 03-30-2009 12:41 PM

http://trac2.assembla.com/swgemu/changeset/1407

Quote:

[added] Zone server now has the galaxy id associated with it. (Setable in Lua)
[added] Zone server name is now retrieved from galaxy table.
I guess it's related?

God I knew it was a bad idea to create a new character to "test" this bug, I didn't so I think I'm fine, hurray!

Rofl, that would be fun, 3 DB wipes in a row. :D
Well, not fun in fact. :(

Hopl!tespear 03-30-2009 12:57 PM

So all the screens i see with all the gear n stuff, all gone then for u guys. When this database whipe happens.?

djolovicl 03-30-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopl!tespear (Post 327508)
So all the screens i see with all the gear n stuff, all gone then for u guys. When this database whipe happens.?

Yup, all your stuff, your money and your toons.

Hopl!tespear 03-30-2009 01:08 PM

Well i guess thats normal for a test server :).

Karric_ 03-30-2009 01:55 PM

It is indeed a test server and you should never get too attached to any of your shinies......But honestly there have not been this many Data Base wipes in sucession since I started messin about with TC. So hang in there....These guys know thier stuff, this too shall pass :p

K

jedichuck 03-30-2009 07:34 PM

could this have been caused if someone tried to "import" their old SWG waypoints into the EMU profiles directory?

-Stoney- 03-30-2009 07:51 PM

I am new to SWGEmu and was very disappointed to see this happen. I will try to keep my patience.

Seratt 03-30-2009 08:09 PM

haha, make sure to keep your patience. The work these guys are doing is simply amazing.

djolovicl 03-30-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Stoney- (Post 327802)
I am new to SWGEmu and was very disappointed to see this happen. I will try to keep my patience.

You have to understand that this is a TEST CENTER, work in progress, things like this will happened from time to time. This is not a game, this is the way that games are made, you can try to be a part of that process. And then when its done you will earn the right to say you were there, helping when the awesomeness was created.

-Stoney- 03-30-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djolovicl (Post 327814)
You have to understand that this is a TEST CENTER, work in progress, things like this will happened from time to time. This is not a game, this is the way that games are made, you can try to be a part of that process. And then when its done you will earn the right to say you were there, helping when the awesomeness was created.

I realize that.
And I am planning on sticking with it through the bugs.

My point was, it sucks that as soon as I join, I can't even play.

Bartrex 03-30-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Stoney- (Post 327854)
I realize that.
And I am planning on sticking with it through the bugs.

My point was, it sucks that as soon as I join, I can't even play.

That's something we can't control, my friend. Just be patient.

JarvisW 03-30-2009 10:37 PM

Yeah, its not like someone will come along after 3 years of gameplay and make your char completely useless, or a STARTING CLASS...

Oh nevermind, this isn't SOE ;)

Hopl!tespear 03-31-2009 03:05 AM

don't worry stoney i have the same thing like u, ur not allone. Just be patient these guys are doing an amazing job :D.

EDIT: i just made a new character, and i could login. W/O any problems. Running around and so on. But the first one wich was stuck is still stuck. Can't delete etc. But creating a new one is fixed i guess. Just wanted to say this

EDIT 2: after logging back out and wanting to log back in the char is stuck also. So i guess its not entirely fixed.

sleekjag 03-31-2009 04:47 AM

yeah just did a quick test i made a toon and got in just fine logged out after going to theed and can't access him anymore.

Kyrm347 03-31-2009 04:53 AM

I have one character (testing Brawler from start) and it is stuck as well.

"Aye Sir, Standing By, Sir"

-Stoney- 03-31-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartrex (Post 327894)
That's something we can't control, my friend. Just be patient.

I will say again, I realize this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JarvisW (Post 327898)
Yeah, its not like someone will come along after 3 years of gameplay and make your char completely useless, or a STARTING CLASS...

Oh nevermind, this isn't SOE ;)

QFT

jimmyf1 03-31-2009 06:46 AM

:( i just started to play today and then this happens

a well i know you will do your best for us

cant wait to play again

Vlock 03-31-2009 06:49 AM

am i the only person who has not lost any items or had a problem with character login?

Hopl!tespear 03-31-2009 09:30 AM

Maybe u had characters already then? We all made a new one and they get locked after a logout.

Talking of this matter. Is there any update on the problem?

jimmyf1 03-31-2009 09:45 AM

nothing i know of :(

RevDingleberry 03-31-2009 11:18 AM

same thing here people. Made a character, didn't like his face, so I rerolled, and boom shakka lakka, can't delete, can't access - but at least they know about it, and that's a good thing.

Chin up, it'll be resolved -----

jimmyf1 03-31-2009 01:49 PM

any news yet?

-Stoney- 03-31-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyf1 (Post 328245)
any news yet?

I'm sure they will let us know if any progress is made

gr33neggs 03-31-2009 04:19 PM

Will it hurt anything if I just keep making new chars when I log in? I'm just messing around trying to find bugs and testing stuff. Having the same char each time isn't a big deal to me atm, but I don't want to cause more issues.

djolovicl 03-31-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr33neggs (Post 328322)
Will it hurt anything if I just keep making new chars when I log in? I'm just messing around trying to find bugs and testing stuff. Having the same char each time isn't a big deal to me atm, but I don't want to cause more issues.

Probably not, i think its safe to say you are not hurting anybody or anything, so go ahead. You will just have more toons frozen but that's about it. I think ;)

nicinmonkey 03-31-2009 04:34 PM

I lost one as well. hopefully not "lost", just misplaced in a galaxy far, far away......

to my toon.
PHONE HOME PLEASE..
you have my harvesters...

cRush 03-31-2009 05:31 PM

If anyone has this still occur since the latest server restart, please PM me. Thanks.

RevDingleberry 03-31-2009 05:55 PM

i made a new account to test if it happens with just the one chatacter / server as was slated in the original - and it's all good to go and fine, the prob starts happening when you make more than one char.

hope that helps.