SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Update 6/14/09 (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=25339)

cRush 06-14-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigybbz (Post 367382)
Thanks for update guys great work and keep it going though i am a bit disappointed that we won't see a finished emulator this year :(

Who said you won't see a finished emulator this year...

TommyG 06-14-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cRush (Post 367386)
Who said you won't see a finished emulator this year...

cRush, you win the thread!!!

TommyG 06-14-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigybbz
thanks for update guys great work and keep it going...

Fixed

inyri 06-14-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyG (Post 367387)
cRush, you win the thread!!!

Don't mistake what cRush said for an ETA of some kind. >.>

Ekowraith 06-14-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inyri (Post 367390)
don't mistake what crush said for an eta of some kind. >.>

Confirmed. Emulator done this year. Holding you guys to this.

TommyG 06-14-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inyri (Post 367390)
Don't mistake what cRush said for an ETA of some kind. >.>

You can't take it back now...we all saw it! NO BACKSIES!!!

lol Just joking...we all (most of us anyway...the intelligent folks) know that there are NO ETA's in SWGEmu :)

MrBlonde 06-14-2009 01:54 PM

Good stuff as always, and yeah what Inyri said. :|

Craigybbz 06-14-2009 03:08 PM

Well if you get it out by the end of 2009 that will be awesome :)

Chayn 06-14-2009 03:09 PM

Keeping us informed is THEE biggest thing that sets this project apart from all others where questions are mostly met with silence...

Thank You... :D

Theoderean 06-14-2009 05:16 PM

Who specifically is working on the object restructure?
Is anyone in particular leading it, and if others are helping, what are they contributing?

It seems the number of active developers supporting this project has dropped quite significantly over the past few months, which is a shame.
Hopefully with the object restructure it will make the project more 'developer friendly'.

Seems that SWGEmu is going to have a quiet summer.

Before all the fanboys flame me, I am going off how SWGEmu defines an active developer. The sooner the community understands that a project cannot progress without active developers the better.

Don't expect the un-expected, you'll only be disappointed.

Skippy 06-14-2009 05:44 PM

thank you for the update :)

-S

Ekaika 06-14-2009 05:48 PM

cRush is 'leading' the OR, I spose. He's putting in the most work on it. The others are around, the problem is that they cannot contribute until the OR is done, so it appears quiet. again, as stated in the OP, when it is done, things should loosen up quickly. And, of course, real life takes its toll on us all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoderean (Post 367514)
Who specifically is working on the object restructure?
Is anyone in particular leading it, and if others are helping, what are they contributing?

It seems the number of active developers supporting this project has dropped quite significantly over the past few months, which is a shame.
Hopefully with the object restructure it will make the project more 'developer friendly'.

Seems that SWGEmu is going to have a quiet summer.

Before all the fanboys flame me, I am going off how SWGEmu defines an active developer. The sooner the community understands that a project cannot progress without active developers the better.

Don't expect the un-expected, you'll only be disappointed.

Ekowraith 06-14-2009 06:07 PM

I clicked this thread planning to ask for a response to Theoderean's post.

Awesome.

Valmin 06-14-2009 06:26 PM

Keep up the good work guys. Thank you for devoting your time.

cRush 06-14-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaika (Post 367543)
cRush is 'leading' the OR, I spose. He's putting in the most work on it. The others are around, the problem is that they cannot contribute until the OR is done, so it appears quiet. again, as stated in the OP, when it is done, things should loosen up quickly. And, of course, real life takes its toll on us all.

TheAnswer will be back in full force in a week or two, and Oru will hopefully free up some time. We will see a lot of familiar faces digging into the OR very soon. Ramsey and Kyle are also contributing a good deal. Just because you don't see them committing to SVN, does not mean that they aren't contributing good advice and direction.