SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   February 5, 2010 Update (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=44464)

aggregator 02-06-2010 02:33 PM

We're all extremely greatful for this, and you guys really are doing an amazing job. Keep it up.

GestorterEngel 02-06-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningdisease (Post 520929)
Hey all, I'd like to give some recognition to Tovo for stepping up and taking the time to gather a lot of the information in these community updates, he does a great job and his name never shows up on them :D.

We love sharing all the cool stuff that this team has been working on, and Tovo has been crucial to getting this information into a format we can present to you guys. I don't wanna leave anyone out who puts effort into keeping everyone in the know around here.

Thanks to everyone who continually supports SWGEmu, I hope you are having a good time with what we've been able to put together, and that you are looking forward to the BIG stuff we have in the works.

Take care!

I was going to say this, but you beat me to it. Tovo does a wonderful job with the updates and he needs more recognition for it!

Nice job Tovo.

Reverb 02-06-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GestorterEngel (Post 521988)
I was going to say this, but you beat me to it. Tovo does a wonderful job with the updates and he needs more recognition for it!

Nice job Tovo.

I know right? More props to Tovo the bastard deserves it! :P Damn you ekaika stealin all his glory! Lol <3

NinjaChaos 02-06-2010 07:31 PM

Thanks for the Update.

SwingKid 02-07-2010 08:42 AM

I personally love that old video from Ult.

Devoveo 02-07-2010 09:15 AM

Thanks a bunch for the status update! Can't wait to embark on great adventures once more!

Kyrm347 02-07-2010 11:48 AM

Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a detailed report on what has been happening, and what is too come. A progress report that you may *think* is not valued by Players is in fact very much appreciated by us.

Thank you for indulging us and understanding our impatience.

Thank you for putting up with our crap.

Thank you for bustin' your backside's for us all.

Exor 02-07-2010 12:00 PM

Thanks for all !

o0Syn 02-08-2010 06:52 PM

Keep em coming! I'm loving playing like this! It feels like beta testing for SOE all over again :D

ajfuller 02-08-2010 08:11 PM

keep up the good work :)

royale 02-08-2010 08:46 PM

Thanks for the update, exciting times. You guys are amazing.

Darian_Carr 02-08-2010 09:10 PM

Great job emu devs!!!!! We love you!!!

karnax 02-09-2010 06:59 AM

That's my lust for answers quenched once more. Excellent :) Many thanks for all your hard work as usual cannot wait!

Ekaika 02-09-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverb (Post 522009)
I know right? More props to Tovo the bastard deserves it! :P Damn you ekaika stealin all his glory! Lol <3

We work as a team, there's nothing to indicate otherwise. We're all working towards the same goal. Tovo is an integral part of that.

Xalik 02-09-2010 03:36 PM

Awesome update.

ronin2k 02-09-2010 04:03 PM

./Cheers ./deepbow :) many thx Team :)

Tovo 02-09-2010 04:12 PM

Im glad people are enjoying this news.

I would like to point out that no update is the produce of just a single member of staff. As many staff as possible contribute to bring you these updates.

Klanagh 02-09-2010 06:36 PM

Great update.

Btw, hurry up! Lol. The more new mmo's I play the more they just suck. Nothing has ever quite replaced Galaxies. The sad fact for me is that nothing ever really will. WoW is fun, I'll give you that. But there's just no sense of community in that game for me, or any other mmo, that compares to what I had with Galaxies.

All the hard work is appreciated, and I'm really looking forward to OR completion. Thanks.

Freedon 02-09-2010 08:51 PM

All I can say is wow.

Great job putting together the video Ultyma. Loved it.

You bring hope to those who have none! ;)

Ghalion 02-11-2010 07:04 AM

first of all i want to say great job keep up the good work :D

2nd got all excited and unlocked architect in the hopes to make harveys
and found while you gave us the schematics for harveys
you didn't give us the sub components lol :P

o well atleast we have the lower level ones :D

Ghalion 02-11-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klanagh (Post 524198)
Great update.

Btw, hurry up! Lol. The more new mmo's I play the more they just suck. Nothing has ever quite replaced Galaxies. The sad fact for me is that nothing ever really will. WoW is fun, I'll give you that. But there's just no sense of community in that game for me, or any other mmo, that compares to what I had with Galaxies.

All the hard work is appreciated, and I'm really looking forward to OR completion. Thanks.

tell me about it ever since swg
swg is the game i judge all new mmo's by and so far they all fail badly in comparison

Jusazn 02-12-2010 04:26 AM

O_O.
7..Million..
Dollars?

It took 7 Mil to ****ing develop this game?!

Brane Ded 02-12-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusazn (Post 525995)
O_O.
7..Million..
Dollars?

It took 7 Mil to ****ing develop this game?!

If I am not mistaken that is the approximate value of the time spent by the devs, from the start until this point, creating SWGEmu's current Test Center code. That is not the number by which SOE created the original game, that's unknown.

Zaelis 02-12-2010 11:10 AM

I wouldnt be surprised if it costed SOE more than that to originally develop the game. MMO's are generally multimillion dollar projects, and its not unreasonable to hit the 8 digit mark along the way.

Apex_ 02-12-2010 12:12 PM

It would've certainly cost more than that estimate for SOE's original development. The estimate doesn't include content costs for artists, sound design and the like. Those are pretty high-dollar items too :)

Zaff 02-13-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex_ (Post 526175)
It would've certainly cost more than that estimate for SOE's original development. The estimate doesn't include content costs for artists, sound design and the like. Those are pretty high-dollar items too :)

The estimate is based on lines of code which does not take into account how many lines of code are in the client that we have installed on our machines to play it as well. That would probably add a few million to the code only side of any guesstimate of the costs for SOE.

And as far as everyone working on the EMU goes, the 7 million estimate doesn't account for the time for all of the packet analysis. It was a long painful wait before they entered the sandbox. And even more painful waiting for it to be available to the rest of us. But it was well worth it.

odohvare 02-14-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghalion (Post 525437)
first of all i want to say great job keep up the good work :D

2nd got all excited and unlocked architect in the hopes to make harveys
and found while you gave us the schematics for harveys
you didn't give us the sub components lol :P

o well atleast we have the lower level ones :D

I think you can make the Personal Extractors. The little BER 3 ones that you get in the Artisan Engineering tree. Not sure though.

cRush 02-15-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaff (Post 526690)
The estimate is based on lines of code which does not take into account how many lines of code are in the client that we have installed on our machines to play it as well. That would probably add a few million to the code only side of any guesstimate of the costs for SOE.

The client is no where near a few million lines of code. I'd be surprised if it has more lines than the server to be honest.

jascar 02-15-2010 02:55 PM

noticed alot of changes seems alot more fun to play keep up the good work guys

Kelanos 02-15-2010 06:20 PM

Fantastic news, thanks for the update.

Just as you continue to work hard on the Emu, we all continue to support your project.

stonela 02-15-2010 11:10 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Fantastic update, and that video gives me the tingles every time I see it! I am so grateful to the devs and everyone involved in this project, you guys rock!!! :)

XannQuilo 02-16-2010 08:10 PM

forgive me, but what does OR stand for?

Tovo 02-16-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XannQuilo (Post 529255)

The OR stands for "Search". The Search button is a feature of the website.

emporter 02-16-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tovo (Post 529299)
The OR stands for "Search". The Search button is a feature of the website.

Honest-to-God LOL on that one

Bredon_Kin'dragon 02-17-2010 11:45 AM

Been messing around for a few hours now and Im loving it. Reminds totally of
the game right before they threw the Housing in, but without half the bugs.

Very nice work guys!

Please, keep it up.

-B:emperor:

Darxun Xanos 02-20-2010 03:43 PM

Great update guys!

Quote:

Wow, really? It's in the update..... :|

Lubbe 02-20-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Sorry about Tovo.

It stands for "Object Restructure" they are basicly re-coding the game and cleaning up the mess, so it will be easier to work with.

noidirak 02-22-2010 01:45 PM

I am perturbed by the mention of "adding future content" to the game in the original post. Does this mean adding things that weren't in SWG pre-NGE? In my opinion that would be a terrible move.

kaelvin 02-23-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidirak (Post 534468)
I am perturbed by the mention of "adding future content" to the game in the original post. Does this mean adding things that weren't in SWG pre-NGE? In my opinion that would be a terrible move.

future content on a private server.
they say suncrusher is going to be a a replica of pre cu. so if you just want to play the old school way with no modified content stick to this development teams own server, Suncrusher. look it up with the search function.

cherry_peel 02-23-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelvin (Post 535173)
future content on a private server.
they say suncrusher is going to be a a replica of pre cu. so if you just want to play the old school way with no modified content stick to this development teams own server, Suncrusher. look it up with the search function.

i second that. adding new content, whatever that may be, would only add to the experience of the server you are playing on. there will probably be servers that have a lot of experimental content on them. If thats not your thing then just choose a vanilla server.