SWGEmu Old Forums Archive

SWGEmu Old Forums Archive (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//index.php)
-   Community News Archives (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   [Re-Revised] TC:NOVA Wipe Proposal (http://archive.swgemu.com/forums//showthread.php?t=54391)

Holydragon34 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

I voted yes let me login !!!

mikeelle 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

whatever

Lamune 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

Have any players responsibility for the damage been identified and dealt with?
Sony was able to track back offenders multiple transactions deep, though logging may not be as complete in the Emu at this point.

Actually, I guess there is no way to deal with problem players, since IP bans are next to worthless.
A few ****heads destroy an entire server, and what's the worst that can happen? Their characters are 'deleted' while everyone else gets erased anyway?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 587727)
Wipe the items, not the characters

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xdN0QQwsP1...erPointing.jpg

*Unless of course this is unpossible. I've no idea the complexity of the character data. If a few tables can be null'd in the database to wipe all items and credits while retaining characters, so be it. We've been told repeatedly this is "dead code." You gain ****-nothing worth testing having everyone re-grind classes.

mcwilly10 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

no code changes so i dont see any reason for a wipe other than to apease those who are not at the top of the chain ie cant learn how to farm loot,credits or unlock jedi.if you really had something to offer such as the OR and after the wipe we could really begin to dig into the game and it would actually matter just wiping to reset seems a mute point.I wonder how many people will then say it was fun but ill wait until its live before i waste my time? i wont its been fun but some people really might wonder if we wipe cause people whine are you guys any better than the nge who screwed the game for the same perpose.

So i vote no,unless you can implement charc limits to prevent those exploits aswell

monkeypye 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

I voted and cant log in
does this mean I get to vote again :)

Automan 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

the trolls win again it seems...very unfortunate

DangerMouse 04-26-2010 12:11 AM

I vote YES. Clear it all grinding a toon is not that hard. and allows more testing. Plus would love too have a taste of some new stuff for the OR.

Arcticus 04-26-2010 12:12 AM

So I already voted and yet I cannot log in...

FgNFin 04-26-2010 12:12 AM

If wipe means more content added and bug fixes go for it.

SirJMon 04-26-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skudster13 (Post 587750)
As much as a wipe means starting over, it will be easier on the devs and in the long run may help us find more glitches in the game. If we want the server to be as good as it can be, we need to help the devs to help us. Bittersweetly, I say "YES"

This will not be easier on the dev/staff. Now they will have to deal with the forums being lit up for a month of people complaining about lossing everything. Have fun with that mess. Not too mention the pissing contests in every thread about it. This place is gonna be a complete mess. Oh and the unlocking system... and banks.....ummm, please explain those.

cru jodo 04-26-2010 12:12 AM

odwill, you had me at increased development time

IronEd 04-26-2010 12:13 AM

I voted no, but I'm for an inventory/credit wipe. It would bring balance to the economy without losing hard earned xp.

Labyrinth 04-26-2010 12:13 AM

Unless it's strictly necessary to wipe everything to "possibly add new features"...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip (Post 587727)
Wipe the items, not the characters

^This.

The gist of my feedback: If a wipe happens at all, at least make the resulting TC improved enough that the wipe is justified. There would be nothing more demotivating to me than a wipe that's essentially, "We're releasing the iPad! It's like an iPhone but BIGGER!"

mrsheepy 04-26-2010 12:14 AM

If you're gonna wipe just put the Blue Frogs back in, if not you're just gonna lose an even bigger part of the community.

Monoxide 04-26-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackPipe2011 (Post 587728)
yes but put back in gungan if the OR is coming soon.

What this upstanding gentleman said.