Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
We have 8k members I dont see why people don't get on IRC or create forum topics and discuss.

SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.

Please encourage your friends who played precu to join and participate in dicussions on the forum. PLEASE give suggestions, we read them. What do you want to be able to do with scriptable npcs? What are you looking for in a server? What if...

There are tons of things you can do to make SWGEmu better, without having to be on the staff. Just help others out and SHARE ideas. Don't wait for updates and post "good job" every month or so. You wont be banned if you follow the rules and be respectful.

If you want to know what we're working on:
Crafting (research)
Clustering (beginning in core3, oru's planning that I think)
Npcs/mobs (core3)

I was primarily a research guy but I'm learning the ropes of core3 to help TA and Oru. Once a few more things are added I will ask oru about doing another stress test with more content. But before that we need a stable community.

I've done this sort of thing twice before with little success, I'll have another go at it.

Suggestions?
I think that if you do a bang up job with creature handler, you're going to get a lot of people like me coming to play the emu.
I don't care about jedi.
I care little for space.
I really couldn't care less for pvp.

What I loved about the game were my companions. I'm playing WoW atm, I tried playing a huntard but it couldn't hold a candle to what we lost with the NGE.
I tell anyone who seems willing to listen about what's going on here, and I've had a lot of people show serious interest. Most of them are refugees like myself.
I'll be very happy just sitting on some nice high hill with my pets, doing some tricks and just enjoying the world.

As for the IRC, every time I've gone in the channels it feels like the sword of Damocles is poised above my head. One innocent question and the thread breaks.

I'm not the biggest contributor to the community, mostly because at this stage of the game I don't feel like I have much to offer. I don't know coding. I've had more trouble than success at actually logging on to test animations. I've been waiting patiently and trying to get the word of the emu out there to some who might not know of it.

I'm not sure what else I could do at this point.