Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
The general concern has been random bans, which I will address now.

Our IRC ban list goes all the way back to like July of 2006. It is obviously irrelevant at this point in time, so what is going to happen is a clear of the ban list. There may be ISP wide bans to take out a single spammer back in september, but it could potentially ban other new members of the community who had nothing to do with it.

What I'm trying to do here is 100% my responsibility. Do not blame the shortfalls on other members of the staff. The Ban policy has been revised, and we will be a bit more considerate when banning.

The reason we have been banning in the past is not because were inconsiderate or hate particular members, its because we have been asked the same select few questions almost every day of our life for the last 2 years. But things will change, so bear with me.

As for other sugggestions, I have noted them down and I have been talking to a mod to organize the forums a bit better.

Stay tuned, and thank you for your input.
Ramsey
Whatever has happened in the past, obviously ramsey has noticed the problems and is willing to take them on himself to address the issues.

so lets turn this thread from a *****ing/complaining thread, To a constructive critisism thread. Lets tell ramsey and the other devs, what we think is wrong... and lets work with them to fix it.

This could be the start of an entirely new SWGEMU forums, as long as we are proactive and work together.