Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM

This is my first post on these forums even though I've been following the Emu for over a year (or there abouts). I check this site for updates almost daily but it seems that most of the info hits IRC way before it makes it to the forums. I'm 30, I have a job, a life, and stuff to do. I don't code even a little, and I've already found a sever to play on once this project is finished. I appreciate all of your hard work here, but other than updates I have no reason to even browse these forums at this time. I don't have the time or even the desire to hang out in IRC just waiting for the next little tid bit of info. What's more, is that I don't think I was an atypical player of SWG. Almost my entire guild on live were in the 22-40 age range and we all had other things going on in our lives. I don't want to be beligerent but this community is somewhat less than friendly and there's only so much "STFU NUB" and e-peen waving that I can take. It seems to me that the internet almost automaticly reduces people's functional age by at least 10 years. This is why I don't post, or hang out in IRC. This is why the dozen or so people that I talk to, who will be playing the Emu, don't post or participate in IRC. If you want the older crowd who made up a fairly sizable chunk of live to participate, my suggestion would be to update the forums more often. I don't know how big of a pain this would be, but it would certainly get me more involved. I may have just repeated what a dozen other people have said, but I'm not wading through 11 pages of responses, I really don't have the time. Thanks again though for all of the hard work you guys have done and best of luck in the future.