View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
No, no wipe yet. I think OR is close and they are just waiting for that before they wipe the server.
So, basically, this is just an unnecessary thread made to give people something to hope for, and for the Staff Team to, once more, cover their own asses.

Honestly, I don't care who hacked what, to give what out to who. I do care, however about useless threads being made on the Forums that do nothing more than take up space, deceive people, or take up player's time.

There have been more than enough threads made about Staff members not giving out items to players. We get it Staff, you are squeaky clean, and none of anything that has happened in the recent months was done with your prior knowledge. Stop wasting our time, and telling us information that we either already know, or simply don't care about anymore.

I would also appreciate it very much if Staff didn't come on the Forums, and announce things that aren't going to take place, or if there are issues with said events which set back their ETA, then let us know. Announcing a wipe two weeks prior to... nothing happening, is a bit of a pre-announcement.

It isn't my place to tell Staff members how to operate, but in my opinion, Forum rules need to abided by everyone, not just regular forum members. There is no need to pound one fact into our heads as many times as possible, nor is there any need to get people's hopes up, only to let them down, without any explanation. All this does is cause confusion, and even more questions amongst the forum members, therefore hassling moderators even more so, taking away from your valuable time that you could be using to do something much more productive than answering questions that have been answered over, and over again.

Updating a thread that already has this information in it would be much easier, and much more accessible than making a whole new thread about it. Now, instead of people using the thread that already exists about these issues, people are going to use both threads, some getting different answers than others, and some, if not most of the answers they get aren't even going to be correct. So, now you have a cluttered forum, with shady information at best.

People wonder why others are always making new threads about the same thing. This is probably the greatest example. I could use the search function for some random fact that I wish to read up on, and get six different threads that give me little-to-no, or even misleading information about it.

Some may consider this a rant, and say "whoa man, calm down, it's just the interwebz." but I personally think this is very constructive criticism on a very pertinent issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
All forms of hacking, exploiting, and anything designed to break, bend or in anyway alter or skew SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player is encouraged within strict guidelines.