View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskool12345 View Post
As far as I can tell, Blizzard has a larger player base then every current pay to play MMO combined. See I can ignore points as well.

My point in my last post was that it is idiotic to continuously ignore the majority of your player base thinking you can do no wrong. Sure SOE may still be running SWG with enough people playing to get by, but it's obvious that by going against their fan base is why we are here today playing this emulation. Paying to play a game or it being free has nothing to do with anything. If you go against what the majority of your fan base wants time and time again, you will ultimately fail.
Did you read this thread?

They aren't ignoring you. They just don't agree with your outlook on what the server needs at this time. If you didn't read the posts from the Devs in this thread, I suggest you do so.

Look, community input is great. Every developer wants input into what the players think. But that doesn't mean they're always going to agree with you. And quite honestly, often times if they do listen, you don't get what you thought you were asking for anyway. Yes, you want a wipe, I get that. But the wipe comes with consequences too, and the Devs weren't willing to deal with those consequences at this time.

For the record, SOE did originally listen to their player base. How do you think the CU came about, anyway? People crying about mind dmg, 90% composite, stun dmg, Jedi being too strong/weak (yes, both at the same time), etc, etc... SOE listened to all those cries. The CU is what you got.

Then they stopped listening because of the constant crying was just too much. So they did what they wanted, and in comes the NGE.

What do you want, exactly? Pre-CU SWG? So do the Devs. I'm guessing that considering their the ones making it, perhaps we should let them walk their own path to get there. In the end, you'll get what you want. Just try a little patience.