View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
lol, I'm calm, just bored and honestly, I have to ask, why should we go into IRC to find out about the status of the server? Would it not be better for the Devs to change the Status uopn login to Deadlocked or Offline, so that we know there is a problem? since the server cap, we honestly don't know if it's deadlocked or we're waiting in queue. Just curious, not complaining.
I'll bet the devs wish they were bored sometimes. They aren't a 24/7 IT Help Hotline after all; they're human just like us, except that instead of waiting for a server to go back online, they have actually go in and fix it (when they can manage to find the time to).

I doubt they exactly get out of bed and say, "Ooh, I hope the server is deadlocked again, I want to spend my whole day debugging!"

I guess you could say it's the difference between paid help and volunteers; paid help is often part of a company and a company needs to keep up an appearance of the utmost efficiency and service. Volunteers, however, are...well, volunteers and are free to give service as they choose.

I remember another forum I went to for a while that had "skin requests" for a certain type of forum and also "graphic requests" (mostly signatures and avatars). I cannot possibly count the amount of times people complained in some way because the requests were not being filled "quickly enough." You don't quite realize how ridiculous it is until you're the one behind the counter.

/end dispassionate pondering