View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union View Post
I know they're busy and they have lives outside of SWG, as I hope all of us do. I don't know much about coding or what it takes to change a server status, but I would *think* (yes, dangerous, I know) it would take just as much time to change the server status as it would to update IRC or post on the forums about the current issue.

As I said before, I'm not really complaining, just curious. But I think a couple people have explained it's easier to go to IRC than it is to change server status, and I'm good with that explanation.
Well...I realize you already said you were satisfied with the explanation (), but...as far as I know, they have IRC Moderators online very frequently and, if I'm not mistaken, there are usually a couple GMs/Devs who are logged into IRC frequently, even if they aren't "active" - thus, it would be easier to simply minimize any windows they have up and change the IRC server status, also keeping clutter out of the forums, since people will make most of their comments about the status within IRC if they're all directed to it.

If that makes any sense. I love it when my sentences start twisting in on themselves. It's like an epic flood of pronouns, adverbs, and prepositions...well, something like that anyway.