View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 AM

Location: Las Vegas, NV or HELLHOLE USA as i call it. Originally from Washington state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurokIgnis View Post
Well... I think the community would be alot better off if we didn't feel as if we're bottle necked inside.

Yeah it's open-source, but who really wants to tamper with it and set a server up if it has a 1 hour time-limit or 20 player cap?

It honestly has felt that SWGEMU is just wanting to be as professional as possible, but pissing the players off in return because they could care less about that.

I for one, have supported the emulator from the day it was mentioned years ago. But when do we stand up and say? "Alright, charade's over... go home."

It's been well over 4 years now, at least. The game would make MORE progress with people who don't want to worry about the restrictions on the source.

Why are their restrictions anyways? From "party" servers? People want to play the game and host their own servers, not be forced into one without a subscription. Or are you guys worried that someone might take the code and claim the project as their own? Perhaps ANH? Or some other unheard community?

Honestly, we need to stop worrying about glory and respecting one another and just get this damn thing done already, or at least reliable source code that can probably test much, MUCH more than the "official" server could.

This is just my 2 cents, like it or don't. It's been many years now, I think we the community should get a bigger bone.
You kno, i've been waiting for 4 years also and guess what? I don't mind getting the project done right if i have to wait ANOTHER 4 years.

I can see if this were an actual Gaming company dedicating their full staff, and spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week at it but it's not. It is 10 people, dude! & doing this on their non-working hours! omg Chillax. What do YOU do when you get home from work or school? Sit and play? What if you had to code 1000s of lines of code with your spouse ragging on you to spend time with them and the kids?

If you don't like the idea of waiting like a good little boy, then leave. If you're paranoid they will take off with the game, well, it is rightfully theirs as they've been the ones putting in the hours. No I see a product in test just like every other game, only this one isn't sponsored by a big fat paycheck and structured hours. Nor is it very supported by us, the community!

If you can't stand waiting for emu 1.0 to launch, then go to another game, or start helping them code, or report bugs, or just leave... there will certainly be no loss if you did go to a galaxy far far away.

I don't see these fellas pissing anyone off, I see spoiled brats who want their toy! No please gain some decorum before all of you reprobate minds drive them to abandon this project due to your hemming and hawing all the time. If they do updates every week, they get yelled at for doing them too much, if they do the updates once a month they get yelled at for doing them too seldom, my god people grow up, get a hobby, or at the very least suck your thumb and call mommy!

Now, I apologize for being a mean old granny however some of you need a good spanking with a dolovite iron spoon!