View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM

That atmospheric flight looks sweet, but I'm afraid it will lead to bad things.

I've always been upset that with the releaseof JTL we couldn't do straffeing runs durring guild wars, but then I can see how allowing atmospheric flight could lead down the path of the soe side. I see this EASILY happening:

Atmospheric flight is left in. Pilots cry for working guns for straffeing runs. Ground game players want armed vehicles to shoot down the jerk pilots who are blasting away all the Bols. Some Jerk takes an artillery pice, and camps out on the other side of the hill near mos eisley, and with a guild mate/friend spotter, starts spamming shots wildly into town homeing in on the buff line.... Pretty soon, there is no more ground game as the pilots have wrecked it being jerks with the heavy spawn areas, and commandos in large tanks are blasting away at the citys hopeing to catch some other guild's members in the aoe durring guild wars. The already lagged out heavily populated space ports now crash from all the explosions. No more happy game.

I could be completly wrong, but once SOE changed to the cu, I was miserable. Doing this seems like that level of change, and is probably not a good thing.