View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM

That's some good information, and thanks for posting! I wish I could have made it!

But looking at what was said about client-side mods, I'm going to go on experience from what was said in the past. DON'T QUOTE ME, AS I HAVE NO IDEA OF OFFICIAL POLICY! I'm just going on what I think/hope is the case. I would also like an official word on this.

But what I think they mean is that the original dev team is working on an exact replica of 14.1, with no additives on the base code. As such, all extra content would be considered outside of their scope/plans. Someone on the side may come in and create client-side mods for servers to use, but the SWGEmu devs will not officially endorse these as SWGEmu compatible, as it's not their mission statement. It's sort of like all the Future Server Ideas. They are not endorsed by the team, and the team will not work on them, though some may work on them in an individual capacity, not relating to the original SWGEmu project.

As I said before, I'm not sure that this is the case, this is just what I get from prior statements made on this case, as client-side mods were never officially endorsed.

Some helpful links:

FAQ | How to be a Beta Tester | LPE | How to Create a Character | Macros | Vlada's common sense for Future Server Ideas

SWGEMU: Allowing us to re-experience the greatest Star Wars saga ever told. Ours!

The OR:
Quote:
<@bobius> because no one likes puppies that meow