View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 03:29 AM
President
ManagerDeveloperAdministrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostyleguy View Post
Im a little confused? is this DevTeam2 the 4 current devs(oru,ultyma,ramsey,TA)? or some section/addition of those? Are the 'newbies' (community members deemed worthy enough to be part of the team) going to be part of DevTeam2?

Also, its probably because i've been reading too many tragic plays for my English Literature class, but to me, the original post made it seem like the Devs are getting stuck/stumped on some obstacles. Is this in anyway true? We all like to think our 4 devs are super-men-coders but its not out of the realm of possibilities that they could be stumped.
DevTeam2 is not the current devs. It is going to be made up of some really good people that have been with the project for a while. As for being stumped, thats not the case. DevTeam1 (at least Oru, TA) prefer to work on the server core, while team 2 doesn't do anything with the underlying server/networking/etc code, they focus on things like loot, combat, resource, crafting, etc. So, while Team 1 works on server stability, there is another team working on features. This is a very simple explanation, because its not precisely that cut and dry, but you get the idea.

Kyle (previously mustangcoupe69)
Launchpad Enhanced: Making client setup simple <-- This fixes 99% of problems. Use it.
Client Setup Guide