View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 PM

Unfortunately, you're going to have folks pop in that are here for "fr33 gamzor!!11!!', and not as part of the community. Not saying that's the case here, but it wouldn't surprise me.

However, remember this...believe it or not, this is a form of "testing" as well. Testing the community's reaction, the dev and CS response, the ban hammer mechanism ...all of that will be needed once this community becomes larger, which it will.

Do we need this kind of crap at the moment? Of course not. However, the thing to remember is this...as this project gets closer and closer to a live release, more and more of these types of players will appear...there's a certain percentage in any playerbase.

Like I'm telling the devs anything here, but it doesn't matter how well things work, there will always be players looking for some way to throw a monkey wrench into the gears...just for kicks.

Some people can't walk by an underpass without spray painting something obscene on it; in the online world, some are fully spec'd in "*******". It looks to me like this might be a cue for the CS department to work on a set of policies and procedures to be ready...this kind of stupidity will only get worse.

Just remember...they may not deserve your work (and they don't), but in the current-day view of "beta=free game", they'll keep showing up.

Sigh.