View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haludan View Post
I am a writer for Bright Hub, it's an online article thing and we have some fairly major advertisers, so I hope this is ok.

I have recently written an article about Star Wars Galaxies and published it under a pen name on this site.

"Star Wars Galaxies Emulation the Rebirth of a Legendary Game"
http://www.brighthub.com/video-games...les/63612.aspx
I read your article. And I'm not sure if a lot of what you said was actually correct.

The Combat Upgrade part was wrong, what you stated was the NGE, not the CU. Maybe you were on a limited article length and put them together, but the CU was the balancing, nerfing and "prettifying" of the game (colorful icons, etc.), but in a MAJOR way. The NGE was what created Jedi as an opening class and locking you into the classes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a Nerf a creature that was to be implemented into the game but was stripped from the game, thus why we say Nerf, because they removed it? Not sure about that one.

And, I'm not sure the wording of the SWGEmu section is... right. The "went to Sony and got legal status..." not sure that's the right way to really say it, I'm also questioning the actual validity of that...

Just my thoughts though. Was a good read, just a few things seemed ... kind of off.