View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Game Master and Event Coordinator
Community Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraGa View Post
It was overturned in the sense that Ashur was unbanned because he's "useful" to their ends, and not because he broke the rules. That in itself is the very definition of overturned sir.

A "continued" discussion can ONLY be "continued" with ALL the staff present, at the time of the original decision, and with the additional staff for the second "continuation". The term LESS is highly objective and NOT subjective in this case.

Red Text: I'm not going to argue with you about that exact instance. I will say that the policy was modified. The only thing overturned was the decision to perma-ban Ashur, we still don't know exactly what will occur from this point, as the whole issue is still unfolding. Like I said earlier, one player is not reason enough to shout that this whole project is a farce and that the world is coming to an end. I understand your frustration on the fact that he has a bad reputation and that STAFF is dealing with a player with so much baggage, but it is what it is, as with so many other things.

Green Text: I'm guessing you aren't aware of the way that IRC and Forum discussions for STAFF take place. I can explain it for you in this way: We aren't here 24/7, and when decisions are made, those who are present will make them, as more people who are on STAFF wake up or get out of school or drop of their kids etc., they will impart their opinions on the matters if they wish to do so. After hearing from MORE people than only those who made the policy (Some of whom were without doubt present for the original decision), changes were made. Its the nature of this project, not everyone is around when they should be, so it takes a couple days for all input to be processed. It just so happens that decisions were posted DURING the discussion, rather than after getting input from everyone and then posting.

I am hoping that I can quell fears that the team is disrupting and that there is all out mayhem and havoc going on, because that is not the case. Its simply a heated debate, and hot heads speak quickly (and sometimes without 100% forethought).

SWGEmu has been around for a long time, we've dealt with countless issues more serious than this one, and the amount of outcry seems to be the result of having a test center that is "playable".

Bear with us... We listen to the community, I'm sure you all realize the efforts we put into interfacing and allowing for the free discourse of ideas, but we have to make choices that are best for the completion of a SOLID, STABLE, ACCURATE Pre-CU Experience.

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.