View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
True Galaxies Representative

Although it is annoying, it is certainly not to the point of unplayable; and yes, it can cause the occasionally unintentional death, which is aggravating to say the least, but so long as this does not carry over to Sun Crusher, I can live with it until the devs get a handle of the problem.

If it were as easy as capturing packets with a packet sniffer and identifying a speed hacker, I am sure, or at least hope, that they would use that method of identifying the abusers. Otherwise, the only method left is for players and/or staff to visually determine that someone is speed hacking, and that can lead to false accusations. The method that the system currently uses that causes rubberbanding obviously is not accurate enough to only catch speed hackers as it is affecting all of us.

I think, if it is at all possible, that speed limits should be set. Let's say that normal walking lets us move .25 m/s and burst-running lets us move .5 m/s and force-running allows movement of 1 m/s (all made of values as I do not know the actually numbers), then when each of those commands are executed, it cannot be falsified by sending incorrect data to the server from a speed-hacked client.

Until the devs get a handle on the issue I believe that we should just make due. I see a lot of complaining and again, I too get aggravated, but in the long run, if the devs can come up with a workable solution, then give them time.

Last edited by Hal; 10-20-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo