Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smusatto View Post

Let's see. Yes, I'm a mod for a reason. What's wrong with pointing out I do this in my spare time? You expect me to act as a professional would, yet I'm not a professional. I think it's something relevant to point out. It's not my fault you failed to understand.
I think this quote will help me explain what I meant in my previous post, cos it didn´t come out as clearly as I´d have liked to (English is my second language, and that may be the reason why). The reason why people expect you to act like a professional, smusatto, is because most people expect Moderators to be impartial and professional, whether they get paid for it or not.

Earlier, when you were telling that guy if he was joking, and praising the competence (and I understand you doing that, honestly. That was very rude of him, not to mention his later post, and it takes some patience to react like you did), while I personally didn´t care that you said so (I felt it was an ok response), I still pointed it out that you sounded unprofessional when doing it, because the truth is, it somewhat felt like that, to me, and I am sure to others, simply because of the fact that a moderator isn´t only supposed to keep things in check, but also be a sort of "public face" for the team.

Again, I don´t want to sound like I´m attacking you, cos I am not. I am merely trying to point out things that some people will not like and that will make them feel that the mods are unfriendly, or hard to deal with, on first sight (this is, after all, part of what the thread is about). First oppinions are very important, and if you didn´t know what the other guy was talking about, the one that looks bad to the uninformed may be you.

I hope that clarifies the point of my earlier post, otherwise PM me and I´ll try to explain it better (I don´t wanna derail the thread with something as anecdotical as this). Take it as my 2 cents on how you guys can improve your image, and not as in "LAWL, mods suck, u guyz dunno how 2 mod!!1!11!!"