View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 PM

I don't want a wipe. But I did vote to wipe with the frogs so the devs could test some things. It is a test server. It is not fun to start over. But it is for testing. I love playing and having fun. But I can give up what I have done in the interest of having the test server be a TEST server.

I don't care what or how much has been duped. It is all going to be wiped. It doesn't matter what I create, harvest, sell, buy, grind, or loot. It is all going to be wiped. I do care about implementing and testing changes that will further the development process so we don't have to deal with duping and some other exploits AFTER the game goes live.

Ultimately it may not matter if we have a wipe or not at this point. But people could at least have had the respect to accept that if two thirds of this community voted to go ahead with a wipe now, it was going to be the decision of the community to put testing before our personal interest in gaming. And if you were going to quit over this, you will be quitting anyways when the DB wipes return after implementing the OR. DB wipes suck. But they are necessary for advancement of the game until the day it goes live. And I probably won't play as often myself when the wipes start happening regularly again. But there are other people who will. And I'm glad they do. I want my game back.

If you want to know how to access the test server read the setup guide. Or just download Launchpad Enhanced and let it do the work for you if you already have SWG installed.