Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
We have 8k members I dont see why people don't get on IRC or create forum topics and discuss.

SWGEmu isn't going to succeed without a willing community. This community is doing a piss poor job of working to build a better community for the future precu.

Please encourage your friends who played precu to join and participate in dicussions on the forum. PLEASE give suggestions, we read them. What do you want to be able to do with scriptable npcs? What are you looking for in a server? What if...

There are tons of things you can do to make SWGEmu better, without having to be on the staff. Just help others out and SHARE ideas. Don't wait for updates and post "good job" every month or so. You wont be banned if you follow the rules and be respectful.

If you want to know what we're working on:
Crafting (research)
Clustering (beginning in core3, oru's planning that I think)
Npcs/mobs (core3)

I was primarily a research guy but I'm learning the ropes of core3 to help TA and Oru. Once a few more things are added I will ask oru about doing another stress test with more content. But before that we need a stable community.

I've done this sort of thing twice before with little success, I'll have another go at it.

Suggestions?
no i think you guys are doin a great job,

i just visited the emu today and noticed two things no three that were not there last week

1) butterfies

2)bumble bee type insects

3) spawning brings you back to where you last exited the emu, which i might add was funny because i got lost in the vast expanses of the planet

now those might seem small to most, but to me they were an indication of progress and it was enough to satisfy my curiosity

i think since you guys do read the forum, that many of the ideas are being tossed around,

maybe one suggestion is in order, that there be a correspondent that will be able to address the issues discussed in the forum as far as ideas go, and give logical response either positively or negatively in a sticky to topics that seem to be the center of the most debate

that might help clarify some misconceptions and keep people focused on trying to work better as an overall team

just my $ 0.02