Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 06:19 AM

One thing to get more people into IRC would be better IRC help.

When I came here at first I only had a slight clue of what IRC even was. And I read all the post about reading IRC forum and searching it. So I searched, but really without any good results. I just couldn't find an easy guide about how to get it set.

Hell, it took some time only to find an IRC client. And finding the channel to login to wasn't easy at all. Maybe if there was a step by step IRC guide it would help alot of people that don't know alot of computers to use IRC.

The next problem was that when I logged in I was banned. ****, I thought, what did I do wrong now? I already knew that the rules were tough but... I hadn't even done anything! Anyhow, later I got explained to me that my ISP was banned. The solution would be getting another client, but that wasn't easy. I already had problems finding my first client.

So, I suggest not banning ISP's. I don't think it's necessary to ban them, since lots of people that doesn't understand why they are banned can't login. And people that really wants to login can still get around that ban. But those who don't know why they're banned the first time they try to login might just leave the forums and all just because they simply... yeah... don't know what's going on.