Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 AM

well.. i apologize for my english but isn't my mother language, maybe u can use an swg translator device to read what follows

My opinion is that you have an huge quantity of work to do, and you can't handle it of course due you also have a real life, but there is a lot of people here who are waiting for a stable version of the server, also is logical that if all we discuss here but only a few are on the swgemu staff the work is slowed down considerably..here comes my humble opinion:

In each huge work, you should create a TEAMWORK, due you deal with an huge quantity of work, so you should for a team of people who like swg and are of course skilled in it, this means that they have already played on old swg and/or they are skilled in programm language as well, but you won't more people on swgemu staff...

so here comes the 3 main point:

1) share your actual unstable server code to admins who like to host their swgemu server in the future, giving them the right directions about what they shall do to help you

2) each admin would set up a server and start a test server for their community so they could speed up swgemu giving feedbacks regarding each bug/opinion/ideas you need to continue your job properly

3) once you collect this data from those servers you'll have a lot of help and information to tweak the final stable release, also you can see who is skilled enought to help you directly developing the final stable server and could become an swgemu staff member to cooperate directly to you

Staying in irc or in a forum imho is not a good idea to improve swgemu, due lot of people have different aspectatives and/or minor/major suggestions, what to say also about trolls, flammers...and last but not least...actually all the whole work depends on you, and that's will slow the swgemu development

thats my 0,2 €