Thread: Discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 AM

My main reason for staying off IRC and more of less out of any thread posted by a developer is that last time i had a discussion on irc with a moderator i got banned for disagreeing with him.

I think what is needed is to build a nurturing community where people are not afraid to post in fear of getting flamed or banned, heated discussions will happen and im guilty of having very strong opinions of what should and should not be on a pre cu server.
But as long as the discussion is on point with a minimum of personal insults i think most of us can handle it.

I also think that if people would put more thought into their idea's before posting it, flaming and people telling them to "gfto" etc would be cut down quite a bit. Im currently studying game design and the thing ive noticed is that people tend to post their idea without any though to how it would effect the rest of the game or post ideas that have been discussed before.
Personally im getting really tired of the "nerf this" threads in the future idea's forum when people either dont remember the mechanics around what they want nerfed, or simply seem to want things they didnt want to combat removed.

Last edited by Pday; 03-30-2007 at 09:43 AM.